Will the PC version get higher and denser population count?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the PC version get higher and denser population count?

This is my biggest worry other than the graphical "downgrade". When you compare the 2013 video of Novigrad, there was a lot more NPC in the city than the 2015 version.

When I watch game play of the PS4 version, all the town and even the cities feel so lifeless and empty. It doesn't seem pack or bustling like in 2013.

Can anyone confirm that the PC version will have more NPC and a denser population than the console version?

2013 build was not even playable to the public I don't think, and is far different then the actual build that we have now. I doubt beyond AA, higher resolution options. 60fps, (among other performance differences) that we are getting anything different from the console version. Think Skyrim on console vs PC, same deal.

That would be hilarious if they added denser population, that would piss some people off, you know who you are.

As a source, I am not going to dig it up, but you are not the first person to freak out on the older footage and still screenshots vs what we have now. Take my word for it, I just live with it.

Last edited:
Seems like a logical choice really so I would say yes. We'll find out in 5 days.

That said, I'm unsure about your statements... what 2015 version? If it's from the leaks then don't post it, leaks aren't allowed.

Last edited:
Seems like a logical choice really so I would say yes. We'll find out in 5 days.

It seems like a logical choice to add more NPC's and denser population to the PC version vs the console, is that right?

Okay dokey, I wouldn't argue with it, I am on PC, but uh, call me skeptical on that one. For the record, I hope you are right, I would love that.

Last edited:
Where did you see Novigrad recently?

The german magazine Gamestar mentioned in their test that there are noticeable less Npcs in the ps4 version. They showed it in a video too.

In the xmls/inis is a value for max Npcs which is set to 300 by default. We will have to see how many Npcs are in the PC Version.

Edit: for some reason I cant paste the link to the video in here, but it works in the "reason for editing" field. Damn smartphones. Could a moderator please put the link in my post with spoilertags? It is NOT a leaked video. It's official material from a news site.

Last edited:
Where did you see Novigrad recently?

I'm not allow to post leak, but let just say it feel very empty, especially for the biggest city in the game. You can find the leak on certain game forum that discuss about the Witcher 3.

That said, I'm unsure about your statements... what 2015 version? If it's from the leaks then don't post it, leaks aren't allowed.

The PC version of GTA V has higher density and traffic count so I'm hoping that it will be the same case with The Witcher 3.

A city without much life is game-breaking because it take away from the immersion.

Yea but you can't compare GTA V with the Witcher 3, adding higher density and traffic to that game is not the same as adding higher density (of people) to Witcher 3.

Think Skyrim, Skyrim on the PC was literally the same exact game on console except with the obvious graphical, and performance differences (among mods). While Skyrim is by no means Witcher 3, and should normally not be compared, similar to how GTA V should not be compared to Witcher 3.

I am not saying it won't happen, but if I was a betting man, id bet their will be no difference aside from the graphical, and performance side. Id love to lose that bet, because I am on PC, I wouldn't touch a console outside of a fighting game for anything.

Last edited:
2013 build was not even a playable build actually, and is far different then the actual build that we have now. I doubt beyond AA, higher resolution options. 60fps, (among other performance differences) that we are getting anything different from the console version. Think Skyrim on console vs PC, same deal.
The PC version of Skyrim of course has loads of mods that add NPCs to cities, etc. Presumably once the RedKit comes out this will be possible in TW3 too.

Yea but you can't compare GTA V with the Witcher 3, adding higher density and traffic to that game is not the same as adding higher density (of people) to Witcher 3.

Think Skyrim, Skyrim on the PC was literally the same exact game on console except with the obvious graphical, and performance differences (among mods). While Skyrim is by no means Witcher 3, and should normally not be compared, similar to how GTA V should not be compared to Witcher 3.

I am not saying it won't happen, but if I was a betting man, id bet their will be no difference aside from the graphical, and performance side.

That is true and I agree with you. I was just trying to make a point that the PC version of GTA V is superior and not just graphically.

Skyrim is a console port and if Witcher 3 is indeed the same as console version then we are essentially playing a console port and that just makes me sad. They work on controller support before mouse and keyboard so what does that tell you? I guess we will know soon. If not we can always count on modder I guess.

Watching the PS4 gameplay of Novigrad is just utterly disappointing.

That is true and I agree with you. I was just trying to make a point that the PC version of GTA V is superior and not just graphically.

Skyrim is a console port and if Witcher 3 is indeed the same as console version then we are essentially playing a console port and that just makes me sad. They work on controller support before mouse and keyboard so what does that tell you? I guess we will know soon. If not we can always count on modder I guess.

Watching the PS4 gameplay of Novigrad is just utterly disappointing.

And do not get me wrong, they might have a way of adding more NPC's, or have recorded dialogue for NPC's that are going into the PC version. It could happen, but I am betting that it is not going to happen. However, more density, and population in the wild life is very possible for the PC version. I could definitely see that happening.

Graphics, and gameplay are very general terms, when someone says "This game aged really well, it still looks good". If I show a buddy gameplay of Fallout 2, which is a Fallout 3 fan, I won't get two seconds of their attention. The game just looks awful in their mind in comparison to Fallout 3.

Yet, their is a enormous amount of more gameplay in Fallout 2, along with a higher population of NPC's then Fallout 3. Larger area's, more content, bigger towns, cities, settlements. More story, more character in those settlements, and towns. Fallout 2 laid the foundation for Fallout 3, it is why we have F3, and FNV.

My point, when I say graphics are not everything. that is way to rudimentary. People (gamers in general), do not understand that game itself beyond the graphics take some horsepower as well. Striking a balance between sheer graphics, and gameplay is the part that sucks about video games today. Games were suppose to progress, not become 80% eye candy 20% video game.

Thing is, you can have a very good modern looking video game out today, like the Witcher 3, fill it with major content, and gameplay, systems (etc, etc), and make it very immersive without trying to make it a visual benchmark for a graphic card.

Last edited:
Is this downgrade thread number four? Or is this about how The Witcher 3 might be a console port. *sigh*

It's not a console port.
And why can't people just wait and see in a few days, they already said the PC game will look amazing.
They already said they done things in the last couple of weeks to all platforms.
Stop worry so much, it's not good for you. PC will look good!

Stop bringing up the same picture for the 100th time (now from a different site) with some stranger saying "this missing", "that missing" - when in reality he or she, or whoever does not have the PC version of The Witcher 3 or even the finale version that they have been working on the last couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Is this downgrade thread number four? Or is this about how The Witcher 3 might be a console port. *sigh*

Starting to look that way, wasn't it?
Posts deleted. As nobody's really in a position right now to count NPCs, and the stuff that was brought in a few posts ago was off-topic, I'm locking this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom