Will the Savegame carry over from Xbox One to PS5 or vice versa?

+
GTAV did that that, it carried over your xbox360/ps3 to ps4/xbox one. I will play the game on my xbox one x, but I might get a ps5 was wondering if there was a system in place or planned to have your savegame carry over.

That's a good question: are our saves stored in the cloud and accessible from any platform ?
- between 2 consoles from same editor (ex possible to keep our save when playing on PS4, then PS5, then PS4 from time to time)
- and between 2 consoles PS and Xbox as asked above.

UP

Could CD PROJEKT clarify once in for all if PS4 saves will carry over PS5 please?

PS4 saves transfer is MORE IMPORTANT than any graphic upgrade. I am playing the game now on PS4 and I would prefer to know that I will be able to switch to PS5 WITHOUT LOSING all my progression than having any upgrade.

Also, I plan to get the PS5 in November but I dont know if I will be able to sell the PS4 because of that.

Given the save transfer wasnt possible between the gold edition and the standard one, the question is quite worth it.

Guest 4421288

Very eager to learn about cross save from PS4 to dedicated PS5 version next year as less than a month away. It was always big question on my mind these months!

I've kept an eye on gaming websites, other forums, twitter for CDP and Cyberpunk for some sort of announcement. i.e Straight no/maybe/yes. But can't find anything. I guess if they haven't said no to cross save then must be a positive sign?

Does not affect my purchase. But piece of mind I would be able to do New Game+ on dedicated PS5 version next year or have to start over.

I really hope so. Past a certain point, the current gen versions of the game won't be getting the updates or DLCs, so eventually console players will have to upgrade to stay current. But I would like to know if I could transfer a save from console to PC or vice versa.

Considering the game will implore us to give it multiple playthroughs, I doubt it'll be that big of an issue if it's not going to happen.

Maybe it'll be something that gets patched into the game some time after release. I doubt that many people will need this feature within the first week of the release, but I figure a lot of us will get new consoles for the holidays, so it's worth having that available to us at some point down the line.

Guest 4421288

I mean it is strange so few asking this question.

- Can Xbox One X save file work with release of the dedicated Xbox One Series X edition in 2021
- Can PS4 save file work with release of the dedicated PS5 edition in 2021
- Can any platform save file be freely used between regardless

With it so close to release date and so many development updates this year I thought there would be announcement as save file compatibility is in developer hands.

Yet I want to hear "Yes" to know I don't have to do side activities to reacquire skills again and just feel OP on NG+ to redo combat and stealth missions.

I really hope so. Past a certain point, the current gen versions of the game won't be getting the updates or DLCs, so eventually console players will have to upgrade to stay current. But I would like to know if I could transfer a save from console to PC or vice versa.

Considering the game will implore us to give it multiple playthroughs, I doubt it'll be that big of an issue if it's not going to happen.

Maybe it'll be something that gets patched into the game some time after release. I doubt that many people will need this feature within the first week of the release, but I figure a lot of us will get new consoles for the holidays, so it's worth having that available to us at some point down the line.

Guest 4421288

The cross platform save file works well in regards to Ubisoft games.

- Took my PS4 saves over to dedicated PS5 versions of their 2 latest titles.
- Only requirement was to log into Ubisoft account and "link" my PSN ID and would imagine same for Xbox.

Really hoping would just as easy for cyberpunk
I've asked on twitter for CDP and Cyberpunk but no luck on news of this.

Hoping someone here knows more? Surprised not much attention to it..

So any definite answer on this yet? I'm specifically interested to know if Cross Save will be available between XBOX (One/Series X and PC) and weather or not I'll have to buy 2 copies of Cyberpunk 2077 (One for PC and one for Xbox) to make use of it. Or will one copy suffice (Like it does with Forza Horizon 4)...

Guest 4421288

I would imagine this would affect playing DLC as well.

Without cross gen consoles and cross platform save transfer...

Imagine if future first DLC has requirement like TW3 and you have to start fresh on your preferred new machine to level up to play it, if you can't carry save file over.

So, I've been reading about how the consoles themselves will support save data transferring as a console feature as opposed to a game feature. Most games are going to be backwards compatible, so it seems very unlikely that we won't be able to move a save from PS4 to PS5 or Xbox 1 to Xbox Series X.

But I would like to know if I could go from a PS4/PS5 to PC, or PC to PS5. Like I said earlier, I don't think this is something they need on launch, but if they plan to add the feature at a later date, they could let us know.

Guest 4421288

In terms of consoles then December 10th release will be PS4/Xbox One version only.

PS5/XSX will play this using backwards compatibility and have some enhancements, but not take full advantage of the hardware.

The dedicated PS5/XSX version will be in 2021 with no specific date. This version will only work with next gen PS5/XSX consoles to take full advantage of the hardware. This version will not be PS4/Xbox One compatible.

1. If someone finishes PS4/Xbox One version and if save file can carry to PS5/XSX for New Game+. Then won't have to start over on PS5/XSX fresh.

2. DLC most likely be same as Witcher 3 where you have to meet minimum in-game level first. That means if save file can't carry over you have to start again on PS5/XSX fresh to level up to just play the DLC.

Anyone who buys PS4/Xbox One version version is entitled to the free dedicated PS5/XSX version in 2021.

when will the ps5/xsx versions be available?

Top Bottom