Will the servers of GOG be able to handle the launch?

+
Will the servers of GOG be able to handle the launch?

I was wondering this. The servers are probably powerful, but with everybody downloading the Day one patch almost at the same time, can they support this demand? :hmm:

thats a good question .. and also the reason why i have it on gog and steam =D ( steam is the main i intend to use)

but only time will realy show .. so i guess that can not be answered before 20 of may =P

Yeah I can already hear the cries of "foul play"... I'm not too concerned though, I've dealt with plenty of really crap product launches in the past (be they software or hardware) and they all wind up the same-- with the product in my hands.

thats a good question .. and also the reason why i have it on gog and steam =D ( steam is the main i intend to use)

but only time will realy show .. so i guess that can not be answered before 20 of may =P

But why? o_O To support CDPR?

I really hope they hold up. I have nothing to do monday and tuesday so I'll hope to just play from 1 am on. Would be a shame if I had to wait half a day to download the patch :/

Don't forget all the people who want to play the game in German / French / Polish / Russian etc. They will have to download the language pack at release since it's not in the preload files.

I ask also because seems like the file at http://play.thewitcher.com will be available to everyone.

Including those who pirated it...

I never really got why. Maybe for the retail copies? I mean ofcourse the games should be DRM Free. But there is a huge difference between, being DRM Free and having no copyright protection. After the game launched you can just download the full game from you account without the need to download the file. So the file is just for people who are preordered or bought a retail copy close to launch. Maybe there will be some kind of protection so only people with a copy can download the file?

Last edited:
But why? o_O To support CDPR?

I really hope they hold up. I have nothing to do monday and tuesday so I'll hope to just play from 1 am on. Would be a shame if I had to wait half a day to download the patch :/
well i tell you why =) i bought it first on steam with the expansion pass .. then i notict that steam told me that i would play it 18 hours later then when i would buy it from gog. i asked for clarification that dint come the same day and therefor u bought it also from gog thinking what the heck its not so expansive and i can support them for the hype because i have trust in CDPR =) therefore .. they later fixed the steam time so now it does not mater anymore =P

Maybe using a torrent with the patch would be a good idea, considering it will be available to everyone anyways? Unlike with a website, the more people downloading a torrent, the better...

well i tell you why =) i bought it first on steam with the expansion pass .. then i notict that steam told me that i would play it 18 hours later then when i would buy it from gog. i asked for clarification that dint come the same day and therefor u bought it also from gog thinking what the heck its not so expansive and i can support them for the hype because i have trust in CDPR =) therefore .. they later fixed the steam time so now it does not mater anymore =P

Well it may be not to you, but 43 Euros (already including the loyality bonus) is not really cheap. Well the live of a University student ^^

Yup, according to the link... I'm unable to find... they openly admitted that. When I read that comment my eyes went wide open. Seemed like an odd admission.

Edit: HAHA! found it... kind of. Never heard of this site and its not the one I first read about CDPRs stance but it shares the exact same sentiment. http://www.gamepur.com/news/18831-c...hunt-pirates-support-us-game-huge-skyrim.html
CDRP dont think that its worth to use there mony on pirat protection stuff because that works only a short time and makes it worse for those who bought the game legit. so they chose to apprise directly to the pirat instead wasting resources to make it harder for everyone else that is not helping really with pirates .. and apparently it works better than making it worse =P if you get what i mean

CDRP dont think that its worth to use there mony on pirat protection stuff because that works only a short time and makes it worse for those who bought the game legit. so they chose to apprise directly to the pirat instead wasting resources to make it harder for everyone else that is not helping really with pirates .. and apparently it works better than making it worse =P if you get what i mean

Well typing in a key is not really that bad or takes up allot of work ^^

I agree that DRM sucks, and that's why I bought it on GOG. But letting pirates download from the same server as the customers can hurt the download speed for the later.

Well typing in a key is not really that bad or takes up allot of work ^^
Easy now, eeeeeeasy hahaha. I laughed my way through that post, but lets play nice ok haha.

I think maybe his sentiment can be summed up in the fact CD was kind of birthed out of piracy and therefor understand its existence and dynamics better than other developers.

When I preloaded the Witcher 3 using GoG Galaxy, I was very impressed with the download speeds. It basically maxed out my 120 Mbps connection! :D

Top Bottom