Will the servers of GOG be able to handle the launch?

+
I agree that DRM sucks, and that's why I bought it on GOG. But letting pirates download from the same server as the customers can hurt the download speed for the later.

I'm not quite sure about that. Most likely a pirate will put the patch on a torrent site on which the other pirates can donwload it. It wouldn't affect the servers.

I'm not entirely sure. I purchased Pillars of Eternity from GOG when it was released and had a hard time downloading the files. For about half an hour after it unlocked, I was still coming across very low speeds (10~50kb/s), when my usual download speed from GOG is around 15~20mb/s, and was encountering multiples instances where the download would just cancel due to connection errors. I decided that was it and left it for about 2 hours before coming back to it, which went fine.
I'm guessing the release of TW3 will tax GOG much harder than PoE did, which I'm sure CDPR know already and likely have taken measures to ready their servers. Still, I am expecting to run into some issues but hopefully what we'll have to download will be relatively small in size.

I'm hoping that we won't have problems but i've been wrong before.....many times.

The problem is that when pre-load started last week, most of the time my download through gog was 90-100Kb/s which i hope is not something that will happen upon release.

For me it worked perfectly except for a few server errors. The Galaxy client was taking full advantage of my internet speed. I hope it will be same on the launch.

I maxed out my connection when download through Galaxy when preloading was released, never had an issue.

The servers had no apparent problem when pre loading went live, so I see no problem forthcoming from the fairly small Day 1 patch.

Top Bottom