Will the witcher 3 be highly moddable? (like skyrim?)

+
Will the witcher 3 be highly moddable? (like skyrim?)

Anything been said about this? Sorry for my ignorance and laziness if it has been answered already.

CDPR already released some months ago a modding tool called REDkit for Witcher 2, see here.

They also have plans to release this for Witcher 3, but after the release of Witcher 3. Hopefully not with much delay.

I can't comment on the capabilities compared to the Skyrim modding tool, because i don't know the tool for Skyrim, but as far as i can see it REDkit seems to be quite open for everything.

Technically, if they use a new version of the redkit, it should be even more moddable than Skyrim.
Practically, I doubt it, since the redkit is not very user friendly and you have to invest a lot of time to make something even somewhat worth using/playing.

Well, I played Skyrim with Witcher mods :))
CDPR always late with redkit tools.
With Skyrim it's tons of mods different in their influence on game mechanics but with the Witcher series we usually have additional adventures.
Let's wait and see.

I think the Witcher 2 redkit thing is also a way of modding stuff. The biggest influence of how moddable something is, is depending on how many people are playing the game, loving it and want to mod it. Now I did try Redkit a little bit. Managed to make some hills, a house, a bridge and managed to walk, then I quit. :p It is not that user friendly for people that have no modding knowledge. What is also crucial is time of modkit release. The redkit release was done waaaay later than when the game came out. Skyrim came after Witcher 2 and a lot of people's attention had gone over there. I think a modding community keeps a game alive and makes people want to keep playing and attract more people to buy it. I mean minecraft is still selling. The modding community there have transformed minecraft into more than the original 'vanilla' version offered. This means more content, more options, etc. -> More people wanting to buy the game.

But yeah we don't know how moddable W3 will be. I do think that W3 will not be able to be modded as easily as skyrim. However I judge that on the fact that Skyrim is more of a sandbox game like minecraft.

Or maybe skyrim was so stale in comparison to the witcher that people desperately tried to make it something good. They did not need that for the witcher 2. =P

I'm sure TW3 is going to keep us busy for a while. much longer than it takes to develop the new version of REDkit. so I suppose there's no need to worry about modding right now.

Top Bottom