Will the Witcher 3 have an Enhanced Edition?

+
No, there is not such a definition for "GOTY edition". Witcher 1 EE was basicaly nothing more than "The Witcher" + alot of patches that improved the game (and additional "fan" expansions), I think they just used the name GOTY Edition, because The Witcher 3 obviously is known for winning the most GOTY awards, ever.

No, there is not such a definition for "GOTY edition". Witcher 1 EE was basicaly nothing more than "The Witcher" + alot of patches that improved the game (and additional "fan" expansions), I think they just used the name GOTY Edition, because The Witcher 3 obviously is known for winning the most GOTY awards, ever.
I wish that what you're saying is true, but sadly, I think that is not the case this time.

The GOTY edition could still be "enhanced" as well, although if the rumored release date in late August is correct, then there is not much time to make changes other than more bug fixes. It would be more realistic to expect significant additions if it was to be released towards the end of the year.

A long time ago CDPR said it's possible. At this point I'd say chances are low. Personally I want to see an enhanced edition with Linux support using Vulkan. But I don't expect that to happen anymore. CDPR abandoned the idea, and they don't want to spend any more resources on TW3.

Last edited:
Let's see what they have in stock for the last patch..
after a year and a half of patching things GOTY edition will get pretty close to what an enhanced edition would have been anyway.
Or they are waiting for the next gen on consles...

Speculation here but... The game will have to come out again one day. On next console or something. And knowing CDPR they won't do something like that if they can make something better both in content and graphics. And they are too smart to call such upgrade "remastered edition". Next time the game comes out on the market in a few years. It will be called enhanced edition and there will some extra content. I can bet on it. CDPR is so great and there are so many consoles player that changes console but don't want to abandon their favorites games that a Witcher 3 remastered will happen for sure. The only difference with others studio is that I am sure it won't be a simple remaster. It will be an enhanced edition either only by name or with real new stuff.

One day will get to play the game in this state as vanilla game I'am sure of it. On PS5 PS6 I don't know This is what an enhanced edition will bring. And if we're lucky maybe some new quest. But I don't doubt the game will re release with huge graphical improvement one day.

And please don't bring bad the downgrade thing^^ We passed this^^ It's not easy everyday but we learned to live with it lol.

@minicrom no, that version doesn't exist anymore,

and no, there won't be any enhanced edition, the "complete edition" is the last version that there will ever be.

Sadly yes, one can say that the game is an enhanced edition of the launch version which I would call bullshit on as the previous EEs put more than just UI changes (which are really good and I do appreciate that they did it for Witcher 3), but sadly, this is it.

The version itself but certainly not what they used to make it. And it is almost certain there will be another edition one day. Maybe it will The Witcher Wild Hunt Remastered or Enhanced Edition. Time will tell. But Time is to re release games now a days on each generation. This one is a huge success. He will come out one day with graphical improvements. Maybe not a lot. Maybe not these ones but it will re release. But anyway no point in discussing this now. We'll see in a few years. Because it won't happen soon.

after a year and a half of patching things GOTY edition will get pretty close to what an enhanced edition would have been anyway.

Not really, without rewriting the engine (like to Vulkan). Developers said that explicitly. I mean in regards to restoring "original look".

Na. Not really...

EEs put more than just UI changes
Yep. There are huge differences.
EE's are meant to fix stuff that wasn't soooooo good in the main game, and to be honest there is plenty left in it....
And they don't really tried to fix that in all that patches.

Last edited:
Top Bottom