Will the Witcher 3 have an Enhanced Edition?

+
There won't be any Enhanced Edition, we just have to accept that. The one thing the devs could make is a Reshade Preset to bring back the "original" colors and simulate the lighting effects, they know things that we don't, the know the game better than we do, an Enhanced Edition would take them months,
a Preset just takes a few minutes,

we won't have new textures of course, but it's incredible what can be achieved with Reshade, there are limitless possibilites,
they make this preset, we install it, and lot of people satisfied, I personally would be very satisfied, I've tried every preset and tweaked a preset every day
since may 19 and I'm not satisfied,
I know this sounds simplistic and stupid, but they know the game in ways we don't.

The game would benefit from an enhanced edition. A rework of the poor gameplay and poor controls would be great.

Both have been worked on in the patches over time, and new gameplay elements (e.g. the mutation system) have been added in the expansions. Compared to the original version of the game that came out on 19th May 2015, there are quite a few "enhancements".

It's already an enhanced edition, they'be made a lot of improvements, gave us free DLC, on top of already being a fantastic looking, playing, and deep narrative game. What more do you want?

There is still a large patch coming with the GOTY edition as well, it might not add new content, but it is probably not just bug fixes either.

There won't be any Enhanced Edition, we just have to accept that. The one thing the devs could make is a Reshade Preset to bring back the "original" colors and simulate the lighting effects,

Even when I don't like it, I must agree. It's the realistic option given what we've seen

The earlier Build was more than just different colours. And less colorful in general.
I have to say i would not use it if they would release a reshade....
For me it would be nothing half and nothingf full. At least in my opinion .

And btw, there are already plenty reshades avaiable.
There is still a large patch coming with the GOTY edition as well

Well, there was no hint about the size of that patch.

Well, there was no hint about the size of that patch.

From @Marcin Momot:

Ok, już wiem. Będzie niezbyt duży patch do pobrania w dniu premiery wersji GOTY.

Google translation: "Ok, I know. It will be rather big patch for download on release version GOTY."
Edit: although maybe it actually means "not too big patch" (especially since the replies seem to be disappointed) ?

Also, this stickied post in the announcement thread says that there will be "various improvements" to the game, just no unpublished new content.

Last edited:
Also, this stickied post in the announcement thread says that there will be "various improvements"

That could mean so much...Added 3 more bushes in no mans land...Merchants will have the same amount of coin like B&W merchants . Fixed the Whale bug...
A few more like this and we have "various improvments" :D
To be honest, i don't expect any big graphic changes anymore.

no unpublished new content.
I know....... i know...............

Last edited:
To be honest story wise only thing they need to really improve are the connections to Assassins of Kings and the war with Nilfgaard which was relegated too much to the background.

To be honest story wise only thing they need to really improve are the connections to Assassins of Kings and the war with Nilfgaard which was relegated too much to the background.

... were you honestly satisfied with the way the antagonist was handled? Even CDPR themselves came out and said they didn't spend enough time fleshing out Eredin and the Wild Hunt.

... were you honestly satisfied with the way the antagonist was handled? Even CDPR themselves came out and said they didn't spend enough time fleshing out Eredin and the Wild Hunt.

Oh yeah they definitely need to improve that, I was disappointed by how little Eredin featured. I should go back and edit my post and specify that it's because I was very engrossed into the political side of Witcher and was extremely hyped for the outcome of the struggle between Radovid and what was left of the Northern monarchs against Emhyr and Nilfgaard.

Maybe it's the ending I got. Please don't spoil anything as I've only played through Wild Hunt once, the end state of the Third Nilfgaard War shocked me, but felt extremely underdeveloped.

Top Bottom