Will the Witcher 3 have an Enhanced Edition?

+
Will the Witcher 3 have an Enhanced Edition?

Only the gods and Marcin Iwinski know that.

To my knowledge, CDPR has never stated that they intend to produce an enhance edition of TW3. That doesn't mean it will never happen, just that I wouldn't hold my breath. They already have a ton of products lined up - standalone Gwent, CP 2077, and an unannounced RPG that has nothing to do with either of the aforementioned franchises.

People frequently have recourse to the first two games and conclude that, because they had enhanced editions, Wild Hunt must as well. But it's worth keeping in mind that TW1 and TW2 also didn't have two full expansion packs.

Short answer: NO ONE KNOWS

They have stated that there won't be any more content for The Witcher 3 in a recent interview, following the release of Blood and Wine. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-the-witcher-3-after-blood-and-wine-comes-out

The topic has been extensively discussed here http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...aka-Legacy-for-the-ages?p=2679691#post2679691 . Needless to say, many would love to see some additions to the game's story, such as Iorveth, more Eredin and the Wild Hunt, or cut content involving the Devil's Pit. It is unlikely, however.

sv3672

Forum veteran
It has never been confirmed either way if there are plans for an enhanced edition, so it may or may not happen. Although in the above linked Eurogamer interview, this line suggests that it is not likely: '"Will there be any more game content released for The Witcher 3 at all?" I followed up. "No," he said, "this is the last thing we deliver and we focus on Cyberpunk"'. And with the already announced GOTY edition, it would be somewhat odd to also release an enhanced edition that renders it obsolete a few months later. The GOTY edition would make the most sense as the "final" version of the game that no longer needs any major patches, so that console gamers who bought the physical version could install everything from disk - following it up with an EE would mean they still have to download tens of gigabytes of patches anyway.

It has never been confirmed either way if there are plans for an enhanced edition, so it may or may not happen. Although in the above linked Eurogamer interview, this line suggests that it is not likely: '"Will there be any more game content released for The Witcher 3 at all?" I followed up. "No," he said, "this is the last thing we deliver and we focus on Cyberpunk"'. And with the already announced GOTY edition, it would be somewhat odd to also release an enhanced edition that renders it obsolete a few months later. The GOTY edition would make the most sense as the "final" version of the game that no longer needs any major patches, so that console gamers who bought the physical version could install everything from disk - following it up with an EE would mean they still have to download tens of gigabytes of patches anyway.

> The GOTY edition would make the most sense as the "final" version of the game that no longer needs
any major patches, so that console gamers who bought the physical version could install everything from disk <

i had the same idea, but will there be space left on the disc, for the extra 20GB of patches?

It will come...sooner or later....
There are hints that speak for it, even when there is no clear statement about that.

Btw, aren't there already enough topics about that ?;)

i had the same idea, but will there be space left on the disc, for the extra 20GB of patches?

The patches would probably already be applied to the game, so what needs to be on the disk is a full installation (base game at 1.23 or whatever version, all free DLCs, both expansions). For me, that currently takes up about 51.5 GB on PC, which could fit on a Blu-Ray disk (for the consoles) after some compression and removal of possibly unused files.

It's not impossible, but I would keep my expectations low, not to be disappointed later on. For now, let's just focus on waiting for the Gwent standalone and CP2077 :) We will see if there will be an EE down the line or not.

Bear in mind, I dont think they did much in the way of "pre-anouncing" EE editions for the previous two games, in my recollection they didnt release those versions until a good 2+ years after initial release, but my memory is getting dodgy as I get older. That said, they didnt have two paid for expansions for content in the previous games either.

It will come...sooner or later....
There are hints that speak for it, even when there is no clear statement about that.

Btw, aren't there already enough topics about that ?;)

Post TW2, when they've said something is or isn't coming, they've followed through. I'm not getting my hopes up.

Bear in mind, I dont think they did much in the way of "pre-anouncing" EE editions for the previous two games, in my recollection they didnt release those versions until a good 2+ years after initial release, but my memory is getting dodgy as I get older. That said, they didnt have two paid for expansions for content in the previous games either.

TW1: 26 October 2007.
TW1 EE: 16 September 2008.

TW2: 17 May 2011.
TW2 EE: 17 April 2012.

TW3: 19 May 2015.

Going by the same pattern, you could expect TW3 EE around spring of 2016... It didn't materialize yet. And CP2077 by same pattern could come out somewhere by 2019.

---------- Updated at 05:40 PM ----------

I'm not getting my hopes up.

I wouldn't expect any EE since they said they have no people left to work on TW3. Unless that changes - no dice.

Already confirmed a GOTY edition, different name, but bascially the same. So yes....
GOTY is not the same. It's just all expansions together. Enhanced edition means improved one (rewritten engine, restored graphics or cut story plots and such).

---------- Updated at 05:44 PM ----------

Moderators: can you please merge this thread into the previous one. Repeating the same thing over and over is pointless.

Top Bottom