Will the Witcher 3 have an Enhanced Edition?

+
Since they're working on Cyberpunk it's highly unlikely they're going to go back to TW3, the patch(?) we get from the GotY edition is most probably the last thing we ever get for The Witcher in a long damn time. It doesn't make sense for them to finish Cyberpunk and be like "Hey, people absolutely looovee Cyberpunk but let's improve TW3 since people have been asking since 2016"

The sad reality is that the GotY edition is going to be last thing we ever get, whether it includes new things or not, CDPR have moved on and this is the last few drops after the tap has been turned off.

Can complain about them screwing the mod community over or just accept the loss and I've just accepted the loss since Cyberpunk is going to be tits. It's going to be hard getting used to the forums over there though, typing on a really dark blue rather than a piece of parchment is a difficult change.

The sad reality is that the GotY edition is going to be last thing we ever get, whether it includes new things or not, CDPR have moved on and this is the last few drops after the tap has been turned off.

CDPR have been making quite a bit of foolish decisions lately, but this one tops them off, though they did say for quite a while that they had no plans for an EE.

Can complain about them screwing the mod community over or just accept the loss and I've just accepted the loss since Cyberpunk is going to be tits.

I wish I could share the same enthusiasm, but I am not a Cyberpunk fan.

It's going to be hard getting used to the forums over there though, typing on a really dark blue rather than a piece of parchment is a difficult change.

And the presence of a GLORIOUS moderator who just looooooooooooves MLP ;)

Here's the thing, this is CDPR, and I doubt if they had the actual opportunity to do an Enhanced Edition that they would pass on it, even the lead quest designer expressed this:

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/42393-Politics-in-TW3?p=1770603&viewfull=1#post1770603

Although even in that post from more than a year ago it is said that many of the problems are rooted too deeply in the existing content to be fixable by patches, and that they are unlikely to be changed. And also that an enhanced edition is not planned.

Since they're working on Cyberpunk it's highly unlikely they're going to go back to TW3, the patch(?) we get from the GotY edition is most probably the last thing we ever get for The Witcher in a long damn time. It doesn't make sense for them to finish Cyberpunk and be like "Hey, people absolutely looovee Cyberpunk but let's improve TW3 since people have been asking since 2016"

Indeed, the best opportunity for an enhanced edition would have been a few more months of development on the GOTY (so that it is released around late November), but there is not much that can be done now. It also looks like there are not enough people working on the GOTY edition to make new content viable either, even GWENT had to be delayed, which suggests most resources are being put into Cyberpunk development, much less to GWENT, and very little to Witcher other than for fixing bugs.

Last edited:
Weird, because excluding a couple of shaders and some minor details here and there (things that switched place) this looks exactly like the game we have a now.

So where is the dynamic image-based lighting?
Where is the far superior level of detail where you can barely tell the difference between the proxy meshes and the real ones?
Where is the the more advanced animation work and animation transitions?
Where is the more advanced geometry (parallax mapping /tessellation) you see all over Novigrad?
Where is the meditation screen where you can still see Geralt, lighting a campire where you then can meditate and see the lighting change in real time?

Was all of this stuff in your game?

I could easily list even more things but then we would be here all day. These are the kinds of things (apart from story/quest based content) that many (myself included) want to see restored in an Enhanced Edition.

I would already be statisfyed with a redone Witch-Sabbath Quest...that would be great.

I had so big expectations at this quest, but I ended up beeing really disappointet...I know It wont happen...but still Im hoping they will fix that Quest one day to be the best in the endgame.

I would already be statisfyed with a redone Witch-Sabbath Quest...that would be great.

I had so big expectations at this quest, but I ended up beeing really disappointet...I know It wont happen...but still Im hoping they will fix that Quest one day to be the best in the endgame.

What was wrong with that quest in your opinion?

Okay I have lots of work to do this evening so ill anwer short:

The potential is completly wasted. All the strange creatures (Like a Hag Queen with a drowner husband etc...) they could have introduced...nothing only some succubi, Imlerith and the Witches.

There is no atmosphere atall, except in one cutsene when Ciri meets the Ladys. In the rest there was no efford put into the swcenery. You know what happens if you visit the bald Mountain earlier or after? Youll encounter a unique form of these Foglewts, with crooked Horns, tusks wich are like 2.5 meters high...thats awesome. Why dont I meet them at the Party?

Imleriths appearence...he just sits there blabbering some dull nonsense instead of having fun wit succubi or talking with Geralt about his time with the red Riders.
And the demon who we have to kill...what the fuck? There is no way getting the right coin or talking with him...just: kill him...the end!

And by far the worst: You fight the Ladys of the woods! I mean: What?! You fight them! In such a trivial way, like a weak contract monster....and you can kill them without any tricks? Thats really lame. They were my favourite antagonists in the entire Witcher series because they were so mysterious, and we knew nothing about them...but in fighting them it took away all this fear and intimidating atmosphere, they had in Previous encounters...they were degradatet to standard monsters...and that makes me really, really sick.

I love this game but this is somthing which is really bothering me...I hoped for Geralt to trick them and cook them in their own soup or something...but that...no thats just lame, americanised bullshit.
And Im sure with more time CD Projekt could have turned this quest into a climax remembered for years.

Last edited:
I have to agree with @TheGobbomage
That had really nothing to do with a witch sabbath....it was a like a bad 70ths hippie party for old people.
I was ready for disgusting stuff and nothing interesting happened. No aha, or wtf moment.

That was really a wasted opportunity and pure disappointment.

If i think about how they planned it first , and what we have now..it makes me angry.

Last edited:
The only thing that seemed outright wrong is the possibility that the "food" the peasants were having during the feast are the remains of the children they sent to the trail of treats, they planned it to be a really dark sabbath, but unfortunately it would be too dark for a 18+ rating I guess.

Also good point about Imlerith, he most likely had a history with Geralt as Geralt remembers him.

yes, that sabbath was a disappointment, Imlerith just siting doing nothing, an opportunity wasted, if there is an EE this scene should be enhanced

Yes the age restriktion thing...especcially in germany its a complete mess...there is so much stuff censored...it wasnt even sure if TW3 would release uncensored here...bunch of nonsene right here...and with a good Sabbath for sure it would have been cut here.

Its realy really sad...

I guess there could be a DX12 version closer to the release of Cyberpunk if they wan't to test out something.

The game would benefit from an enhanced edition. A rework of the poor gameplay and poor controls would be great.

Answering to the very first post, I think the answer it's pretty much obvious: no. At least in which refers to implement changes into the story, If CDPR hasn't adressed almost any suggestion related to the story, there is no reason to think they will in the future. Maybe the will adapt the game to new consoles given the fact that there is where the moneys is and I wouldn't call that a EE. Just a remaster edition...

Answering to the very first post, I think the answer it's pretty much obvious: no. At least in which refers to implement changes into the story, If CDPR hasn't adressed almost any suggestion related to the story, there is no reason to think they will in the future. Maybe the will adapt the game to new consoles given the fact that there is where the moneys is and I wouldn't call that a EE. Just a remaster edition...

If they corrected literally a couple of story mistakes/issues then the game would be the best game of all time and would also 100% completely satisfy book readers completely. I as a book reader, am very satisfied with the game and the characters are done extremely well. I wonder why CDPR made a couple mistakes however... Could be fixed quite easily. I'm not complaining much tho, the game is the best game i have ever played, but some aspects of the lore are missing a lot.

If they did enhance the game with a new edition and correct these mistakes, i would literally decorate my room with CDPR memorabilia and worship them everyday. But it's seems they don't want to :(

It's already an enhanced edition, they'be made a lot of improvements, gave us free DLC, on top of already being a fantastic looking, playing, and deep narrative game. What more do you want?

Top Bottom