Will there ever be a built in option to be able to romance any NPC?

+

Would you really like option to be able to just fall in love with any NPC without rejection?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Your story, but not your world.
You don't always win, if you're... Let's say, a female, and the story teller made "Jim" character gay... Would be quite stupid to have him fall for a girl...

The world have to feel alive, and having NPC being independant from the player's choice does help making it seems alive, or else you're just walking above the mass, which wouldn't really stick to Cyberpunk IMO.

Maybe Judy, which has been said to be lesbian seemingly, had a lots of trauma with males (being a sex worker related to the mox, you can imagine why...), so her character, her identity is build around that to an extent.

Now, as a player, your own choices will maybe go in Judy's direction, and probably you'll flirt if all the cases are checked, or maybe you'll be everything she despise...

Having her go in your arm because you choose to:
- throw to the bin some effort the character writer made to flesh her out.
- make your flirt empty shell.

Now, going in Night City, paying a prostitute, sure, she won't mind much, but for a romance... It's all about common interest.

I doubt a dirty sleazy street kid could bang Meredith the angry corpo lady...
It's how that world works 🤷.

Just like, it happens to have a crush on someone, but that someone absolutely don't give two crap about you (pretty common tho), no reason it doesn't work the same way here.
People fall in love with characters for their personality so why does it matter? You can still make the 'wrong' choices to the point where romancing a character is off the table. Characters can still have their backstories, dislike for street kids and ex-lovers etc. Say Judy has a bad history with men. Maybe it would be harder for male V to prove himself to her as opposed to Fem V? Either way mods, fanfics and fanart will ignore everything lol. That's just what I'd personally prefer.

People fall in love with characters for their personality so why does it matter? You can still make the 'wrong' choices to the point where romancing a character is off the table. Characters can still have their backstories, dislike for street kids and ex-lovers etc. Say Judy has a bad history with men. Maybe it would be harder for male V to prove himself to her as opposed to Fem V? Either way mods, fanfics and fanart will ignore everything lol. That's just what I'd personally prefer.

It's just about not being attracted.
Fanfict are non canon so it's another story.

There just will be character not interested in you, that's all, and it's also a good reason to replay it.

As you said it's a personnality thing, and sexual taste also (mostly).

Judy probably won't be attracted at all by men if she's lesbian, just like if you're a straight man and a gay dude do his best...
I doubt you'll date him anyway...
Even if you're really close and good friends.

I've some gay friends, I love them as they are, but yeah, I'm absolutely not attracted to them.
I like womens, and if a man would come to flirt me (even if he's the best flirter on earth), I'll just feel uneasy and not attracted at all lmao.

Depending on your choice, you'll cut romance out, it's a part of the game, choice = consequences.

If Judy is lesbian and you're playing a man, you'll probably become her best friend, but no reason it would go into a romance, sure you'd like to, but she doesn't *shrugs*.

NPC have their own lives, they own stories, their own plans, etc...
Romance takes part in it too, you can't control that, either it work, either it doesnt.

Heck, even IRL, it's not as simple as being nice with someone...
It's a lot of factors, and often, even when you think it should work well, it doesn't, so I don't see the problem if Cyberpunk reflect that. IMO it adds realism to the NPC.

G30M1

Forum regular
and anyways, trying hard enough doesn't have to mean something awful or horrible or evil. Maybe V just brings them many boxes of cyber chocolates and cyber flowers and then they're like "wow you really do love me a lot.... maybe I will consider you now, you're special after all"

hahah

"Oh wow! All these chocolates and flowers have blinded me from the fact that I don't like penises~! *swoon*"

And bruh, I can guarantee you that pestering someone like that won't make them think you're special. It's not cute.

hahah
"Oh wow! All these chocolates and flowers have blinded me from the fact that I don't like penises~! *swoon*"
And bruh, I can guarantee you that pestering someone like that won't make them think you're special. It's not cute.
You know, that's not what I'm saying, but if you want to be absolutely set on only assuming the worst possible things about me.... *Sigh*

Well, You KNOW...... It would not be the first time I have ever heard a very complicated and magical and wild love story before, where two unlikely people that wouldn't normally like each other or get along actually fall in love somehow. Things like this, actually DO happen in real life. Maybe it's rare, but it IS possible and it HAS happened before many times in human history. You gotta give me that at least. :shrug:
Post automatically merged:

Because some people just wanna play one gender
Yea, exactly a good point bro. :D (y) I will obviously be playing Cyberpunk2077 multiple times, but I may not want to make my V the type of character that an NPC likes, because maybe I don't like that. But if I really like the NPC, they will never like me back and V and them will never fall in love, and I will never get to experience my special V character the way I want to make them, with that special NPC, which ruins the immersion because it will never be possible.

This is a single player video game, :confused: what the jumping tap dancing ice skating stuff does anyone care if I fall in love with an unlikely to like my V character NPC, even if it wasn't normally allowed unless I select and optional feature? Everyone against this is figuratively "Noooo stop doing what you want in your game where we can't see what is happening" Cmon why do you care? If it's an option, and will never ever affect you, why block people who like the freedom?:shrug:

Last edited:

Keive

Forum regular
You know, that's not what I'm saying, but if you want to be absolutely set on only assuming the worst possible things about me.... *Sigh*

Well, You KNOW...... It would not be the first time I have ever heard a very complicated and magical and wild love story before, where two unlikely people that wouldn't normally like each other or get along actually fall in love somehow. Things like this, actually DO happen in real life. Maybe it's rare, but it IS possible and it HAS happened before many times in human history. You gotta give me that at least. :shrug:

Yea, exactly a good point bro. :D (y) I will obviously be playing Cyberpunk2077 multiple times, but I may not want to make my V the type of character that an NPC likes, because maybe I don't like that. But if I really like the NPC, they will never like me back and V and them will never fall in love, and I will never get to experience my special V character the way I want to make them, with that special NPC, which ruins the immersion because it will never be possible.

This is a single player video game, :confused: what the jumping tap dancing ice skating stuff does anyone care if I fall in love with an unlikely to like my V character NPC, even if it wasn't normally allowed unless I select and optional feature? Everyone against this is figuratively "Noooo stop doing what you want in your game where we can't see what is happening" Cmon why do you care? If it's an option, and will never ever affect you, why block people who like the freedom?:shrug:

About immersion, I feel that it takes away immersion by making the player some sort of Aphrodite. It is a game, a single player one at that, so characters having a sexuality may not seem important but it's all part of the story. Also us being able to have and get whatever we want sounds... boring.

Either way, probably doesn't matter because there isn't even lines for some of the NPC's for other V's. So unless they do some new recordings and romance scenes, this isn't gonna happen.

Depends of what you call "romance".
If it's just about sex with random NPC it's possible.
If it's about true romance with an NPC it won't happens, like in "never until AI is really a thing", because it would look like a Bethesda "Romance", and no one wants that.

About immersion, I feel that it takes away immersion by making the player some sort of Aphrodite. It is a game, a single player one at that, so characters having a sexuality may not seem important but it's all part of the story. Also us being able to have and get whatever we want sounds... boring.

Either way, probably doesn't matter because there isn't even lines for some of the NPC's for other V's. So unless they do some new recordings and romance scenes, this isn't gonna happen.
But why block people from doing something that makes them happy in their own single player game? it's a single player game. They play alone. Nobody ever sees what happens in their game. If it's just an option, some people don't ever have to enable it. Why block people who want it? Nobody is going to come to my house and look at my computer and go "Oh no! you are not supposed to be able to fall in love with that npc!"

Again, what if I really love that NPC a lot, but I can never date them because I will always make my V the way I like my V to be? if V = permanently incompatible with an NPC because I will always make my V a certain way, then that NPC that I really like will never fall in love with my V, and then I will never see that part of the game. Ever. = less immersion.

I just want an option for people who are worried about it. I will enabled it on my New Game + playthrough for more freedom.

Depends of what you call "romance".
If it's just about sex with random NPC it's possible.
If it's about true romance with an NPC it won't happens, like in "never until AI is really a thing", because it would look like a Bethesda "Romance", and no one wants that.
No I mean date an NPC that can Date V, but just doesn't like the V that the player made.

One of the previewers said that NPCs in the game have their own preferences when it comes to romances, so there will be characters that will not fall for you just because you are holding the mouse & keyboard/gamepad.
Yes, I fully understand this, and I actually like this feature in game, however I also need the option to turn these off as well. I am concerned that the way I make my V character personalized to what makes me happy, will be incompatible with some NPC's who's preferences make them dislike my V. Since I'm always going to make my V a certain way, that means that I might encounter a date-able NPC that will Always dislike my V no matter what, no matter how much I like them. This is problem because I will never experience V falling in love with that character. I just want an option to turn that preference block off so that on my second playthrough, after experiencing the game normally, I can just date my favorite date-able NPC and have them not automatically dump V for not being a certain way or reason. This way I am never locked into a situation where the best NPC in the game for V is forever out of their reach, because then V will be sad, and I will be sad.

Last edited:
I give modders a week before one makes this a thing on Nexus... :censored:
I hope everyone uploads to moddb or another modding website that doesn't require log in or registration. I always get upset with nexus "AHHHH JUST LET ME DOWNLOAD THE MOD AHHHHH" you know? :ROFLMAO:
p.s. I also hope that they mod in "Za Warudo" as a super powered version of the kereznikov time slow down effect.

Nefla

Forum regular
No, I prefer characters to be as human and as well developed as possible and that includes their sexuality and what kind of personality they like in a romantic partner. If I wanted a mannequin that just liked and married my PC and had no will of their own I'd be playing Fable.

No, I prefer characters to be as human and as well developed as possible and that includes their sexuality and what kind of personality they like in a romantic partner. If I wanted a mannequin that just liked and married my PC and had no will of their own I'd be playing Fable.
Skyrim felt this way too, and I don't want that at all. Nobody is asking for an emotionless mannequin anywhere in this thread. I have retyped and explained what I mean so many times my fingers hurt. Please kindly read all my posts in this thread. :)

Its just a video game and they are just video game characters. It really doesnt matter.

It also sounds like you are expecting way to much of what "relationships" in game will be.

maybe its better you write a fan fic?

Its just a video game and they are just video game characters. It really doesnt matter.
It also sounds like you are expecting way to much of what "relationships" in game will be.
maybe its better you write a fan fic?
If it doesn't really matter then why is cdpr making a game called cyberpunk2077? of course it matters. :shrug:
I don't want to write a fan fiction I want my game experience to be good.

Yes, I fully understand this, and I actually like this feature in game, however I also need the option to turn these off as well. I am concerned that the way I make my V character personalized to what makes me happy, will be incompatible with some NPC's who's preferences make them dislike my V. Since I'm always going to make my V a certain way, that means that I might encounter a date-able NPC that will Always dislike my V no matter what, no matter how much I like them. This is problem because I will never experience V falling in love with that character. I just want an option to turn that preference block off so that on my second playthrough, after experiencing the game normally, I can just date my favorite date-able NPC and have them not automatically dump V for not being a certain way or reason. This way I am never locked into a situation where the best NPC in the game for V is forever out of their reach, because then V will be sad, and I will be sad.

Just make a new different character bro. Im sure your answer is "but what If I dont want to" etc, and well thats your decision. The option to do everything you are asking is there, if you want to grind it out but you choose not to take that option.

Top Bottom