Will there ever be an expansion? New DLC?

+
Will there ever be an expansion? New DLC?

So just wondering if the Witcher 2 content is pretty much done aside from the REDkit and the team has moved on to new games or if there is any new content coming in the form of an expansion pack or new DLC? I loved the game and was hoping for new content at some point!

Does anyone know?

If you mean an official production on CDPR's side, doubtful.

The REDkit is going to basically serve as the entry point for 'DLCs' between the community, with people having the ability to create basically whatever they want within the game with little restriction, I'd assume. Certainly it's a shame for us console users not being able to enjoy all the goodies people will create, but oh well. What can you do.

Chewin3 said:
If you mean an official production on CDPR's side, doubtful.

The REDkit is going to basically serve as the entry point for 'DLCs' between the community, with people having the ability to create basically whatever they want within the game with little restriction, I'd assume. Certainly it's a shame for us console users not being able to enjoy all the goodies people will create, but oh well. What can you do.

Buy a PC, what else? :D

Well, isn't the first Witcher 3 news due for next Tuesday? So no, I don't think we'll be seeing any DLC or expansions for TW2 anymore.

Maybe a wrap-up official Module/Adventure introducing the events of The Witcher 3 would be cool.

Volsung said:
Maybe a wrap-up official Module/Adventure introducing the events of The Witcher 3 would be cool.

NO! Please no... don't ever pull an Arrival on us, CDPR. If the events of TW3 need an introduction, put the bloody introduction in the actual game. Don't release it as DLC.

WuttheMelon said:
NO! Please no... don't ever pull an Arrival on us, CDPR. If the events of TW3 need an introduction, put the bloody introduction in the actual game. Don't release it as DLC.

Introducing the events of TW3 doesn't mean that it will be the introduction of TW3. It simply means that there could be something bridging the gap between the events of TW2 and TW3, and that something could be playable.

Also, who said anything about "DLC"? With the REDKit out, there will be lots of fan-made content, in the spirit of the user adventures available for Neverwinter Nights and the first Witcher. CDPR doesn't play along with the "DLC" scam. Did they ever charge for any extra content? Not even for the two premium modules included with TW1 EE.

I figured that was the answer, oh well one can always hope for more Witcher content! lol

Also I think BioWare just gave up a few years ago so I don't think the Witcher will pull an Arrival. It will take years and years before CD Projekt RED throws in the towel and decides they cant be bothered to try at their job anymore. Maybe by 'Witcher 6: Back in Business' time from concept to store, 3 months tops, collectors version going for a reasonable $600 and includes all content removed from the final version of the game to be sold as day one DLC to everyone that bought the normal version at $200.

Wouldn't be surprised if the REDKit comes with an official module or two from CDPR themselves.

thelostdunmer said:
An expansion would be nice, they could also update the game to unlock the dark only items.

Unlock? You mean make them available if you're not playing Dark Mode?

"Unlocking" the dark items? On lower difficulties?

They might as well release a godlike invincible mode then, and save people the hassle of crafting the dark items.

You want to talk mods there is an entire section there with all that favours you :D Thats why I love this community, no one is going to judge you what shit you do with your game, it is your experience. (well as long as you are respectable to each other)

well it's 1st feb here already! just 5 days to go! Hoping for some news on red kit too on thursday, but I think it will just be a trailer or a news post of some sorts with (hopefully, fingers crossed) a teaser for TW3, but I'd love to be wrong with more stuff

Volsung said:
"Unlocking" the dark items? On lower difficulties?

They might as well release a godlike invincible mode then, and save people the hassle of crafting the dark items.

Yup. It's something I'm expecting to see when the toolkit comes out, but not from CDPR.

Top Bottom