Will this game have an ending?

+
FracturedEarth said:
Then don't free roam.
We at least want the option to do so, cuz we enjoy traveling through the world to see all the cool things CDPR made in it and do it at our own pace, not having to worry about this and that.
If we at least have the option, we will both be happy cuz It won't effect you!!
I'm going to go ahead and agree with my boy here.

Quoting that infamous fucking Bungie employee "it's just a game". People need to chill out. So what if it doesn't make sense? I mean really, so what? It's for convenience. It doesn't kill immersion nor break the story, not really. All you get is the opportunity to spend more time in world that a team has spent a lot of time, energy and money on creating. Might as well make the most of it. Fallout 3 ended the game and honestly, it hurt the experience, rather than adding to it. It was frustrating, nothing else. (But in that case, it REALLY didn't fit the fucking lore at all, those who've played it probably know what I mean. So on top of being frustrating, the narrative was contrived and indeed silly. But eh, I digress.)

That said, I've already posted here before and said that I respect REDs integrity to end the game when the game is indeed over. That's all good. If it fits with the narrative then hey, what can you do right? Gameplay is supposed to mirror the story, the formal system of a game IS the artsy focus of a video game, so the gameplay must serve the story, not the other way around.

But I'm just saying. There's more important shit to focus on. The ability to fucking continue playing after the epilogue is just... who gives a shit. I don't know what the plot will be like or anything though so I can only speculate but eh. "It's just a game". After all, if people want to continue playing, they'll just boot up an earlier save and play from there. Again, frustrating.

Whatever happens, happens. And I'll be ok with whatever as long as it's quality stuff.

CiriusWhite said:
I understand but I feel they should do a really long (and rather free) epilogue then. It's kinda lame if everything ends after the climax (usually the final boss). And too many books, games and movies just leave it to that. "wohoo you won, you're a hero". Well... for me it's not the part I care most. It's the epilogue, seeing how things really end up, how people have changed.. And I would really like to experience this through playing and not only watching some ending scene.

I completely agree with this (Just leaving my 2 cents).

gregski said:
About the so called "36 endings" - there's not going to be that many. The devs already explained that it's more like 36 possible world states that we can end up with.

There will be 3 endings, with 3 different, playable, extensive epilogues - according to the devs.

Are you 100% sure that these 36 world states are not endings, and that they lead into the epilogue, because I'm getting a bit of conflicting info:

"Marek Ziemak: You’re asking us about the ending of the game. That’s called a major spoiler. We can just tell you that there are 36 different possible world states at the conclusion The Witcher 3. These endings are preceded by 3 different epilogue sequences."

This makes it sound like you play 1 of 3 possible epilogues, and then you get 1 of the 36 possible world states/endings to finish the game.

I think there just are 36 different states in wich the world can be when you end the game. And by the end, i mean when the credits start roling.

36 different world states most likely means there are 6 major decisions,
leaving 6² combination possibilities.

And in addition to that we have 3 different endings.
At least that is how I see it.

:p

Actually, 6 two-way decisions would result in 2⁶=64 different states.

36 = 2 x 2 x 3 x 3, so 36 states could result from 2 two-way and 2 3-way decisions, but I think it's more likely that some of the decisions will cut off or open paths instead, leaving only 36 of 64 states possible.

Top Bottom