Will this game only have 2 expansions?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
@ReptilePZ; Fair enough, I appreciate what you have said, and consider the matter closed, but hope you consider the following condensed sequence and recognise its fundamental flaw.

Just judging by what Telltale's done with their games - they reuse the same engine to tell different stories, and while it was really great for a while, it does start to grate on you eventually

Personally, while I appreciate the Telltale stuff I felt the apparent choices were rather inconsequential, usually by the next episode, and a bit of an illusion.

What you think of Telltale games has no bearing on the topic.

Wow my thread got legs.

BOT

I suppose it's natural to want more of a good thing, but do understand that the developers don't want to turn this into a micro transaction money grab. (And I applaud them for it as I have never played a game that has offered so much value)

Lol, I have been stuck in this world for the last 5 months, it's my happy place. But I can wish no? Lol.

Man i would love an expansion series for this game. The world is soo beautiful and the core of the game works for me, i would be happy too pay for 10 expansions if they so feel like it. I love the lore and dear god do i love the writers of this game, how they really capture the world in its own right but AS WELL as the world from the books. Keep em coming CPR for as long as you want. You shit gold.

Anual stuff is a total no-no. However another expansion after Blood and wine, scheduled in Q4 2016 would be very well received among witcher fans. It would add to the game's lifespan and it would be a fitting farewell to a franchise we're going to miss dearly.

Anual stuff is a total no-no. However another expansion after Blood and wine, scheduled in Q4 2016 would be very well received among witcher fans. It would add to the game's lifespan and it would be a fitting farewell to a franchise we're going to miss dearly.
Agreed

If they don't want to do more expansions yearly, then they might as well end on Blood and Wine.

I can't believe people would say no to more Witcher 3 content. Yearly expansions doesn't mean poor quality expansions. Just more of the same high quality content we come to know and expect from CDPR. A small team working on W3 expansions, while the bigger team works on Cyberpunk. The expansions will keep the cash coming in keeping the shareholders happy, while also keeping the fans happy as they keep getting yearly quality content. It's a win-win.

- It is obvious that Fringilla will be present (since she is in Touissant during W3 until emperor summons her later in the game) and will probably be the main love interest in this expansion.
- We know that there is a bloody secret (my bet is the country is ruled by some crazy vampires who do some sick rituals full of blood, sacrifice and sex hopefully : ).
- Sadly, I don' t see Iorveth and Saskia returning in this one : ( Can' t imagine what would they be doing this far south in Nilfgaard. The location just does not suit them at all.

I wonder, how big do you think the map will be?

I guess the main palace or capital city or whatever could be the similar size of Oxenfurt, maybe a bit smaller.

And the size of the area I would estimate approximately the northern part of Velen above the Pontar with Hos locations included minus Novigrad of course.

What do you think?

I've heard that the size is being compared to Velen, which is quite large. It might be a tad smaller or it could be even a bit bigger than Velen. If it truly is around the size of Velen, that would be great and I'd certainly be content. CDPR never fails to impress me.

Here are my thoughts -
*In the event that any CDPR dev./staff reads this post You know you want to

It's my sincere hope that If both of the expansions (HoS and B&W) are commercially successful & critically acclaimed, (I believe they will be We already know the answer to one of those hopes now, HoS has gotten rave reviews from fans and critics alike.Congrats CDPR!) that you might actually consider doing a 3rd expansion! One last goodbye - A substantial, lengthy and epic
expansion worth a standalone asking price of $20-30 (e.g. Larger/more content than what's planned for Blood & Wine - Or one of similar size to B&W that gives us another region).

The Witcher 3 is full of quality content and it looks like we'll be getting our next serving of CDPR-tier awesome sauce with HoS and B&W but for myself and many other fans? We cannot help but want even more and we're willing to pay! We're gluttons for Geralt & Co., we want dessert!

I know you guys/gals have a lot on your proverbial plate with patching, the current expansions and CP2077, I can only imagine. I understand if this is just not feasible. I also get that the majority of you have been working on this series for a very long time and need a break. Whether we get a 3rd expansion or not
, time will tell.

Thank you for all that you've done and will continue to do! I cannot [redacted] wait to play HoS! and in the near future, Blood and Wine. Best of luck with all your endeavors! Love ya CDPR!

* 3rd expansion suggestions? Three very popular locations that I see pop up time and again are -
Dol Blathanna, (The Valley of Flowers), Broklion, a primeval forest dwelling of the Dryad and last but not least, Tir ná Lia, world of the Aen Elle elves.

1.) http://witcher.gamepedia.com/Dol_Blathanna
2.) http://witcher.gamepedia.com/Brokilon
3.)a.http://witcher.gamepedia.com/Tir_ná_Lia
b.http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Tir_n%C3%A1_Lia

Anyone of those 3 would be absolutely, gob smacking wonderful! It's near impossible to only choose one, all 3 have so many endearing qualities with a plethora of tales just waiting to be told. There is an edge for Dol Blathanna (TW2 act IV
)

If only I could have my way in a perfect world, I'd take all three! "it neeeeds it, my precious!"

Look at that! Beautiful and majestic, begging to be explored *Warning - Late game images and Hires*:

Last edited:
The size of Velen? Where did you hear that rumor?

I think that is a bit too big.

As for the location of the third expansion, I was really hoping that Dol Blathanna would happen because there is serious lack of elven content in W3 but now that it has been stated that only 2 expansions are planned, I hope we will see some elves in Touissant : )

I hope they decide to make a 3rd big expansion to end Geralt's story with a bang

A bang? I think Geralt would prefer a pitchfork. :D

Yes that would be great, Geralt dying maybe because of a bang maybe because of a pitchfork, and he needs to fight through some purgatory afterlife similiar to the desolate sands of Diablo 3.

And when Geralt fails he will never again dine with Vesemir in Valhalla.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 34
As I've mentioned before: suggestions for future expansions -- if any -- should be made here, please: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/58102-If-CDPR-are-going-to-do-a-third-Expansion-in-which-location-would-you-like-it-to-be-set-in

The Wishlist specific to Blood and Wine may be found here: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/61201-BLOOD-amp-WINE-FANS-WISHLIST

And, since the question of this thread has been answered by @Burza46 , and we've the above threads for suggestions, this thread is now closed.
Thank you.

Last DLC

Is blood and wine the last witcher 3 DLC? it will be so depressing when completing the DLC no matter what happens because after that there will be nothing to do anymore.. or will there be any smaller quests added at all? i dont want the game to die :s.... i miss talking to main characters as it is, no more interaction with Ciri or anyone else of importance... :(

@gareththegamer , you'll find the latest official reply to your question above. However, since we've already a number of open threads devoted to Blood and Wine, this one shall remain closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom