Will this game only have 2 expansions?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we're getting slightly off-topic here, let's try to bring it back on track :)

Yeah, what has been announced in terms of extra content seems enough for now - the main game already has plenty of content as it is.

At this stage, I am personally a lot more interested in Cyberpunk 2077 than I am in even more Witcher DLC.

I respect your opinion but I think that the majority thinks differently

I respect your opinion but I think that the majority thinks differently

That's fine and I'd love for "the majority" to then present arguments as to why they think having more DLC would be better, what are the pros and cons etc. so we could have a discussion on our hands :p

That's fine and I'd love for "the majority" to then present arguments as to why they think having more DLC would be better, what are the pros and cons etc. so we could have a discussion on our hands :p

Personally, I would prefer another DLC where they would put solutions to all the gaps of the main story and fix the mistakes of the save import. For me, that is better than any other territory such as Dol Blathana or Brokilon

I still think they should release a proper modkit for TW3 and then move on to Cyberpunk 2077. Not going to happen at this point I guess, but many games are being played for years just because they have extensive mod support. Imagine whole new community created worlds and stories in the Witcher universe. This way CDPR could focus on Cyberpunk, and TW3 could still maintain its popularity for years maybe.

Probably easier said than done, though...

Personally, I would prefer another DLC where they put solutions to all the gaps of the main story and fix the mistakes of the save import. For me, that is better than any other territory such as Dol Blathana or Brokilon

Should the devs choose to do this, I'd expect it to be in the form of free patches, rather than paid DLC, like they have done for TW1 and TW2 in the past. I believe the discussion here (as well as my original point) is regarding more DLC similar to HoS and B&W, i.e. brand new content as opposed to expanding on the already existing content.

Last edited:
I can't be the only one who wants
an expansion in Ofir
after hearing it described by the merchant in HoS lol.

Although i understand that CDPR would want to move on to other projects.

MORE MORE......I WANT MORE......gimme gimme more witcher.......witcher all year long. But Im pretty confident that cyberpunk will rock to.... eventually.

Think about it

Velen
Novigrad
Skellige had huge amounts of screen time in main story.

Oxenfurt got its screen time in HoS
Toussaint getting its screen time in BaW

Which leaves one place...

White Orchard.

Tbh I'm more for quality over quantity. TW3 is this wonderful game it is because CDPR took its time to put all the love and effort to create the best experience possible. I just don't want them to start spamming content for the sake of more money. Creating game is a business sure but also an art IMO. To create a game every year it would dumb down and diminish the overall quality of the product.

Creating a game is like having a wineyard, to get a good wine you have to put lot of effort, time, patience and love. Even then you have to let the wine rest and mature. Only by giving to the product you are creating the necessary amount of time and dedication you truly achieve perfection. If you do like Ubisoft/EA you just only spit out content for the sake of making money without being actually proud of the product you are creating.

I love how CDPR takes its time to deliver the best experience possible. I can wait all the time CDPR thinks it's best for them to create the product they want. As a customer I expect only one thing from them: Quality and I reward this effort with money (by purchasing everything), time (spent playing their game and here in the forum) and dedication (by supporting and defending the franchise from external critics).

Last edited:
Personally I would like to have more expansion sets. There are only two planned/published right now but I think there will be more. CDPR really works hard to deliver top-quality games. HoS has very positive reception so far, I have no doubt that Blood and Wine will keep this level. If good reception will be followed by financial success then nothing will stop CDPR from creating new sets. You don't kill golden goose.

Last edited:
They have said they " Don't want to become the Witcher company". Fair enough but when your game is this good... is that really a bad thing?

Would love at least one more expansion 3 just feels right, But if not I just hope blood and wine is everything we want, a farewell to the universe and characters like Citadel was for Mass effect 3 cause imagine a CD red spin on the main Idea of citadel but with witcher :D

I still think they should release a proper modkit for TW3 and then move on to Cyberpunk 2077. Not going to happen at this point I guess, but many games are being played for years just because they have extensive mod support. Imagine whole new community created worlds and stories in the Witcher universe. This way CDPR could focus on Cyberpunk, and TW3 could still maintain its popularity for years maybe.

Probably easier said than done, though...
I think the best time to release RedKit editor would be after first batch of patches and expension. I don't think we would see a RedKit editor before the expention 2, (if it were ever planed btw).
We had to wait a very long time after all to get the Redkit editor after Witcher 2 (and that was very unexpected - they did this when the hype on the game was gone)

I think I know why they are doing this, but I'm not sure it's the best move they could do for their game. I would love to write a few new quests for this game, the Witcher is a close universe to my prefered pnp rpg of all time, Agone (although more "Shakespearian").

By the time it was published, I managed to work for a book in this game :) (was not published because the compagny closed before, and everybody told me it was a shame. Whatever... I have a few untold gray stories to tell :)).

Last edited:
According to CD projekt Red this is the last Witcher game, this is series finale and no more is planned. The witcher games have closely gone along with the books and no more has been done which is a shame as it makes me feel sad. There is also only 2 DLC's planned with the next one being 20 hours and HoS consisting of 10 hours. If success carries on they may do another DLC but their is no talks of that happening. The trilogy has been successful for CDPR and I do look forward to seeing what is next from them. I would say they have finished with an epic game.
It is the last Geralt game, and games are after books and have made new characters. They can make more stuff in Witcher universe.

@Klatimudan ...or they can walk by themselves and after CP2077, create new great universes. I'm sure they can do this too.
Maybe CP2077 will be good so people would ask for a second one : I'm sure they can have an impact like Deus Ex:Human Revolution had (which was a gerat game too).
Whatever they does, I'm quite sure now they would do this with talent. Sure, people here would watch them and criticize, but as we say in french "who loves well chatises as well" ;)

Last edited:
I would love to see another expansion, maybe making that one after the main story, with all your loved characters meeting in one place and having adventures together, sort of like the Citadel for ME. An epic farewell to the whole Witcher series. Would definetely pay for it. Hell, I would pay for almost anything they put up, I've become such a fanboy of CDPR after the release of this game.

As the rest of you I'm totally obsessed with this game, sure its long but I loved every minute. HOS was a great exp pack . . . .but 15 later and I'm once again left with noting to do. Now blood and Wine I understand will be more substantial adding a new map (though I read some rumours that its release date could have possibly been moved from early Feb/March to June/July*.

So can the base game only hold these 2 expansions or could it be possible for other DLC to make an "in-between" appearance. I'm totally hungry for more content for this game.

Other thing that's on my mind is will they make another Witcher game (based on the ground breaking success of this one) staring Gerald, or is this the last instalment of this franchise?

Two expansions are planned for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt! Hearts of Stone which came out already & Blood and Wine. :what3:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom