Will this game only have 2 expansions?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two expansions are planned for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt! Hearts of Stone which came out already & Blood and Wine. :what3:

Just one more little expansion about the Scoia'tael, or whatever you want, pleasee! I'm too attached to this saga to see it end so early

Witcher 3 is already gigantic .... even though BaW will be very large as well , I think a third and last expansion is possible ... I am still hungry for more :D ... though havent played BaW yet ... so I dont know if I will still feel that way... maybe the second will suffice.. at this point im starting to care less about iorveth and saskia ..:pride2:

Last edited:
Just one more little expansion about the Scoia'tael, or whatever you want, pleasee! I'm too attached to this saga to see it end so early

Do not read the "matter of conscience" gog addon then! :(

Maybe CDPR will just create the layout for the next expansions with a good modkit and unzoned the map (one huge and unique map) and trust the modders to add content in it :) (no i don't mind allocating 1To of data for this game :p)

I'm fine with the 2 expansions if they offer a lot though, yeah, I'd prefer a never-ending amount of Witching myself. Even seeing the icon differences in the inventory upon the new patch felt great so even if all they do is tweak the game a bit between and maybe after the DLCs, I'm still insanely impressed. It's a strange feeling to play hundreds of hours of something and go "but what do I do now?"

Modders, please rise to the task!

I think 2 expansions are perfect, considering how massive the game is and how much time it took to develope all this. Quality over Quantity. Hearts of Stone was amazing, i didnt expect it to be THAT good. Its actually my favorite questline in the whole game now. Cant wait for Blood and Wine. Still, i think they deserve some rest from the Witcher franchise. I would prefer them to focus on CP2077 after Blood and Wine is done. I mean Witcher 1 came out 2007, they are working on Witcher games for 10 years or more. I'm probably in the minority with this opinion especially after Hearts of Stone the hype meter is going up again, but... i heard there are some people out there who cant wait for a proper cyberpunk rpg..

I sure hope there will be more. I know Blood and Wine will be much bigger which blows my mind since TW3 and HoS are already so huge, but god damn I would love at least one more expansion that would perhaps restored the cut content and bolstered main quest (adding the questline with infiltration of Wild Hunt, for example) as well as add post-ending story, after all, Geralt is only around hundred years old.

Theres only this I want to see happen:

1) Make a Witcher 4 fpr PS4/X1/PC, which is a Prequel Remake of Wicher 1 and Witcher 2 and additionaslly shows us alot of things from Vesemirs, Geralt's and Ciris past, how Geralt became a Witcher.. but not just simple remakles, but massively improved Remakes of the same Quality of Witcher 3 with alot more Quests and more land and places to explore and make the game connective to Witcher 3, so that you can import directly a Save File and connect it with your Witcher 3 Save File to import all your important choices you have made in W1 and W2 into your W3 World State...
because lets face it, that thing you did for the consoles for W2 is nice and all ,but the very few options you get asked early in the game by Voorhis aren#t all things that matter, there are especially also alot of Decisions from W1, which we don't get asked at all. This needs to get corrected by a proper Remake, that alloWs for Save File Connection, so that also console players can easily import all their decisions from the previous games over to TW3.

Also the prequel Remake would allow CDPR to show us alot of thigns from the books, which they haven#t shown us yet in any of the Witcher games, especially about Ciri, because the has gone through alot of things at the time she went missing through her timespace powers bringing her into other worlds while she grew up and also about Geralt it would be very nice to see in the game, how he became a witche,r how he became the Butcher of Blaviken, how he got killed and saved by Ciri. This and other thigns are super important lore parts of the whole witcher saga, which we sadly never could see and replay in the game, ever only hear and read about these thigns when geralt was talking about his past, which would be awesome, if CDPR would make it possible in a Prequel Remake to let us replay Geralts/Ciris past, so that we get for TW3 a mucgh better connection to those two main characters, due to exactly knowing, through what they have had to go through all in their shared past.

2) Once the ultimate Prequel Remake as Witcher 4 has been brought out, where we play as geralt and ciri more in a 60/40% relation other than 90/10 how it is in
TW3. Yes.. Geralt lost his memories in TW1.. that doesn't mean, that he can't get from tiem to time get a ringing bell, once he hears the name Ciri or so to get some little flashbacks of fragments from his lost memories.
It would be a great chance to improve TW3 from the backround by making the decisions of TW17TW2 affect alot more TW3 through that Prequel Remake, so that alot of important Characters especially from TW1 can get their screen time back in TW3... like Professor kalkstein, which you killed off withiout even at least showing him once, what really sucks, or Alvin, or Princess Adda if you didn't kill lher, or Anais, or remnants from the Salamandra lurking around also maybe somewhere in Novigrad#s underground.. theres still a huge market for Fisstech for them, even after we killed their leader (doesn't mean that they couldt try to come back under a new leader in a different way), as also Salkia/Iorveth anfd the scoia'tael need to make a big return as also the order of the flame rose, to make our decisions from the past in the world state of tw3 alot morew important and not look like big wastes of time.

2) After this has been brought out, they should scrap CP2077, because from what we know, this IP looks totally boring and by far not as appealing as the whole Witcher saga and focus themself mainly on bringing out more Expansions for Witcher 3, which flesh the Game World more out.
Theres a huge game world map and just only like 10% of it is currently explorable... looks not really good. The gaps should get filled. BaW will add Toussaint as new explorable map.
But even with that addition, theres alot of unexplorable land on the world map...

3) Release the RedKit and find a way, how Mods from that Kit can get shared among all Players, regardless if Console or PC, so that the witcher community can maintain themself in the time, where no expansions/patches are brought out by CDPR.
With scrap CP2077 I mean, they should not set 100% all focus on this from 2017 on... they should split their dev teams up, so that theres a part that works on CP2077 and a part, which continously works on Witcher Expansions, instead of just leaving Witcher behind completely after the release of BaW in the dark completely.

Hopefully they make an expansion solely dedicated to fixing the pathetic attempt at viper gear. #praise

MORE MORE MORE! What are we gonna play for the rest of 2016 if Blood and Wine is meant to come out in the first quarter of the next year and first news about Cyberpunk will arrive in 2017 probably? : (

I just hope the future expansions will focus on ONE thing: the Wild Hunts.

Really, that's one of my very few disappointments with the game. They are one of the most generic villains I've ever seen in any video game, let alone in a Witcher game. Completely sub-par level, and certainly sub-CDPR. Let the next expansion set in the world of the Wild Hunts, and let us really get to know Ge'els, Caranthir and Eredin.

MORE MORE MORE! What are we gonna play for the rest of 2016 if Blood and Wine is meant to come out in the first quarter of the next year and first news about Cyberpunk will arrive in 2017 probably? : (

yeah, we need more expansions to deal with the waiting for cyberpunk 2077, anyway, we won't see any real news on this new game until after 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom