Will TW3 follow the path of ME3?

+
Will TW3 follow the path of ME3?

I'm not sure about the end of Witcher series and the fate of Geralt (I didn't read any books). Not sure if the franchise allow or is Geralt going to end up the SAME fate as Shepard?

Due to that ME3 had a huge backlash (bad ending) and your choices doesn't matter. Perhaps what Bioware did was INTENTIONAL to gather popularity by having such a controversial ending.

So will Geralt or the franchise dictates dies in the trilogy? I'm not sure if i'm not gonna like it because all your hard effort just vanished (At least Farcry 3 have 2 choices and not forced at the end).

Aver

Forum veteran
They said that there will be 3 completely different endings based on your choices through the whole game(series?).

Mass Effect 3 was not a bad game due to the fact that Shepard died, it was a bad game due to a great deal of problems, gameplay, graphics, story, imports. What was bad with Shepard wasn't that he died but in what situation he died with the fucking Catalyst.

They said that there will be 3 completely different endings based on your choices through the whole game(series?).

Three Epilogues actually. I think that means three different scenarios at the end.

Bioware fucked up royally with Mass Effect 3 for sure, but I don’t anticipate any such problems with the Wild Hunt (Messer’s Hudson and Walters won’t be involved after all).

CostinMoroianu said:
What was bad with Shepard wasn't that he died but in what situation he died with the fucking Catalyst.

not to mention that the difference in the 3 endings was quite basically the goddamn color.

In any case, I cannot imagine even the most greedy and stupid developer, current or future, would risk to come even close to the historical debacle of how BioWare ended their trilogy. No dev team took that amount of flak and negative publicity ever. So I guess it's fair to say that if anything, cdpr won't make that mistake.

But killing your protagonist at the end of a game, book, or movie in general? If it fits the story, perfectly fine in my book.

I think CDPR have proven that in their very FIRST game, on a licensed engine, they provided a better system of subtle grey-area choices and their repercussions and ramifications towards the end, than Bioware did in their 10th game on their own engine.

So if there's one developer who's story-wrap-up skills I wouldn't worry about right now, it's these fucking geniuses

Aver said:

TW3? Hopefully they can live up to that, unlike some other fellows.

If it fits the story, perfectly fine in my book.
I think thats the key though, kill the protagonist if it fits the story, but not just to create drama. I do hope Geralt doesnt die though, or at least thats not only ending. It supposed to be a personal story for Geralt, finding the people he loves then drop dead would be disappointing.

Blothulfur said:
Well that settles it, nothing to add lads!

*Walks away*

To be honest, I'm not scared that RED will fuck up. Though, oddly enough, I wasn't scared about ME3 either and look at how that turned out. So I guess the chance is always there but fuckin' hell. I can't imagine RED insulting their fans' intelligence in the same way as BioWare did... It just isn't their style. BioWare has shown signs of condescending their customers ever since the dumbed down (though still pretty cool) ME2. I guess I should be more observant because considering all the signs in hindsight, it should've been obvious that ME3 would be disappointing. However, I don't think anyone could predict the fucking shit ending :S

So gimme a break, eh! :p Nah but I trust RED. Can't wait for TW3!

I think it's perfectly fine to have a bad ending or to those who wanted Geralt to die gloriously (if the lore permits?) and at the same time has other endings (happy ending?) so that players might not be pissed. Or most importantly the endings should be vastly different from each other and not variant of little differences (with the same ending but some variance).

The problem with me wasn't that shepard died. The problem was with fucking red, green blue ending and overall questonable quality of the product. After me1 mass effect went downhill with ending of me3 being the lowest part of the franchise.

CostinMoroianu said:
Mass Effect 3 was not a bad game due to the fact that Shepard died, it was a bad game due to a great deal of problems, gameplay, graphics, story, imports. What was bad with Shepard wasn't that he died but in what situation he died with the fucking Catalyst.
This. QFT. The main problem was not the death of Shepard, but the lack of "context" surrounding his death. Basically, that was (before EE): "Thx dude, your mate are lost on an unknown planet and you pretty fucked up all the fleet of your allies. Nice job breaking it hero ;). And before we forget (Bioware) think to buy our incoming DLC"

For me, my perfect ending is when Geralt in the books
Said that he will stop to be a Witcher to live with Yennefer and Ciri
This is the last game about Geralt, i want hapiness for him. he deserve it!

valkimedes said:
For me, my perfect ending is when Geralt in the books
Said that he will stop to be a Witcher to live with Yennefer and Ciri
This is the last game about Geralt, i want hapiness for him. he deserve it!
Sword of destiny has two edges. You are one of them, the other is death.

Aver said:
No . They meant there will be totally 3 different stories in the epilogue . Each story will feature it's number of versions based on our choices . Just take epilogue of The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition and multiply it with 3 .

Top Bottom