Will V's actions effect Cyberpunk world and how?

+
I'm suprised nobody cares that, IMO this is much more important issue than entire downgrade and FPP thing. Can V bring peace or destruction to world or he/she is just trying to make some money and nobody is going to know our name and respect us but few people we met during gameplay and among other mercenaries? I remember CDPR said they didn't focused on saving the world thing but I wanna know how V's action impact to world.

G30M1

Forum regular
I think a big part about cyberpunk is the protagonist isn't the hero (or villain) of the world. They're just trying to survive IN the world. I'm sure their actions will reflect amongst the people they interact with. And i'm sure it will be more than a few people. We've already seen that V interacts with big name gangs etc. So V will be making a difference, I'm sure, but not to the world is my guess.

I'd say the point of the game is writing V's story. Generally playing a character that is technically your creation rather than filling a role like Geralt, which in the end doesn't really matter to the choices. My hope for the story is that making choices will conflict with the world and you can chose who and what persona you pursue, making the objective of the game more or less exploring at a somewhat endless goal, making a very large [but probably constrained to a finite amount because of limitations] world to enjoy. At least, I would like to think after having many years to develop a satisfying story with changing events and relativity, it would but make sense to have the ability to play in the shoes as you see fit.

The cyberpunk world will probably effect V's life... Yes I'd like if we could change some issues or put down one or two corpos through the game, but according to the cyberpunk spirit I don't expect a happy ending that doesn't bring a bitter taste behind.

Well, it seems that V is going to breach the Black Wall and cause singularity apocalypse :) That seems like quite an effect :)

I'm suprised nobody cares that, IMO this is much more important issue than entire downgrade and FPP thing. Can V bring peace or destruction to world or he/she is just trying to make some money and nobody is going to know our name and respect us but few people we met during gameplay and among other mercenaries? I remember CDPR said they didn't focused on saving the world thing but I wanna know how V's action impact to world.

Well, as long as you can kill about anyone (after all you're as strong, perhaps even more, than most legendary peoples of C2020 world. You're the new Adam Smasher: Stronger, regenerating and immune to humanity loss effects) you might bring some kind of destruction to Night City.
But I doubt the game will really acknowledge that, just like Skyrim didn't aknowledged your character true power.
Post automatically merged:

I'd say the point of the game is writing V's story. Generally playing a character that is technically your creation rather than filling a role like Geralt, which in the end doesn't really matter to the choices.

V is more the writers creation than yours actually.

I definitely think the answer to the first question is yes and the answer to the second question is "it depends on the choice." However, I don't expect V's choices to be "world saving" or anything like that. More like, this corporation/gang/faction is now in a better position based on our choices. Or this character or that one is dead because of a choice. Smaller things like that. It's been said previously by CDPR that in Cyberpunk, it's not about saving the world, it's about saving yourself.

Off the cuff, I would say that V's actions might affect the Cyberpunk world "to a limited degree." The reason I say that is pretty simple: The very "premise" of the game itself. "Cyberpunk isn't about saving the world, it's about saving yourself."-Mike Pondsmith.

I'd be a lost opportunity if they don't use the media to cover some of V's action. I absolutely loved hearing about Vault Hunter adventures in Fallout games, so something like that may be through "News 54" which is a pretty big corporation in Night City so that would fit well.

On lower level it would be npcs acknowledging V's presence because of quest completion. Pretty much like Witcher 3 but with more presence.

I am really hoping that the game nails V's status in the Night City, if V is rising in the merc world then i hope it shows through the two things that i mentioned and honestly i would be surprised if they are already are not there.

Top Bottom