Will we ever be able to unlock all of the Rewards?

+
DISCLAIMER: This is not a complaint thread. I just want to know other's thoughts on this.

It looks like each Faction requires ~400 Reward Points to unlock everything for that faction. 400 x 5 Factions = ~2000 Reward Points
And each Leader has their own Reward Book as well (~85-90 Reward Points each) 85 x 20 Leaders = ~1700 Reward Points

Then we have "Season of Mahakam" which is currently locked - but I assume that these reward books will be available during each season.
Perhaps another 4-500 Reward Points per Season? 450 x 12 Seasons = ~5400 Reward Points

Some Contracts don't give Reward Points, but give Avatars or Titles instead. Currently, the General Contracts offer 213 Reward Points.
The Collection Contracts require you to use a few hundred RP to complete these, and offer 3 RP each as a reward, 58 RP total this category.

I haven't gone through all of them, but even if more Contracts are added in the future, it will never be enough to unlock all of the Factions or all of the Leader's specific trees.
It looks like you might be able to unlock 2 Factions or 1 Faction and a few Leader trees. I like this addition to the game, but the Completion-ist in me will never be satisfied.
It has that.. carrot on a stick feel to it.

You also get 1 Reward Point every time you level up, so those are 600 extra RP. At least at rank 0, maybe when going to higher ranks every level will give more RP, like 2 for rank 1, 3 for rank 2, etc...
If it's not like that, I have to agree with you, knowing that I won't be able to complete the reward book is kinda underwhelming.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Agreed, i only completed the basic SK tree, and explored a bit on SK Leaders trees, NG and MO, at this rate i dont even know when i'll ble able to unlock all Leaders (could just craft them, but i prefer the hard way)

From the streams i had though we would earn reward points on the daily rewards, but it seems they're only related to achievements, and a measly 1RP for every level up? Come on...
I would actually prefer to just earn RP in daily rewards and daily quests than just scrap, ore and meteorite i dont need.

agreed. I tend to be a completionist towards games I enjoy but the rate the RP is given is slugish. I spent all my RP on NG, but the dilema now is, what if I want to play a different faction with a different leader? I want to read a bit more of the lore for each character but at the rate RP is given, I'd have better luck reading the Witcher books and reading the lore from there.

you also get reward points in dailies at prestige 4(?) so... maybe?

Personally I'm just aiming at rewards that can't be earned otherwise, so leader unlocks (cost me ~140 for all of them) and Leader Alt Skins (~40 each). Completing whole maps doesn't seem to add anything.

For the min/max crowd, If you want to know what to prioritize you can figure out the Scraps / RP value of a node with these general guidelines
  • 1 non-Premium Keg = 100 scraps* (including faction kegs)
  • 1 Premium Keg = 200 Scraps**
  • 50 ore = 50 scraps*
  • 30 powder = 60 scraps***
  • Unowned Leader = tree unlock + 1600 scraps for the Leader (I don't remember if you get anything else from these nodes)
  • Owned Leader = tree unlock + 440 (200 + 240**) scraps from spare Leader
Add scrap cost, divide by RP and that's the node value
Example: Story Nodes = 1rp / 50 - 100 scraps* (70 average for all 4)
  1. * = 100 Average estimate based on [Craft_Cost * Unowned_Cards_Received + Mill_Value * Duplicates_Received]. This value starts ~2.5x higher (when you have no cards), and ends ~0.8x lower when you have all cards. It's roughly a 1/(X^2) graph with a long tail.
  2. ** = 200 is a very rough guess may be as high as 300 on average
  3. *** = When spent on golds, 85-80% when spent on bronzes

Yup, I remember seeing one of the final achievement requires like "Mill 1000 cards" or something like that, and the reward point is like 5 or something

Update: Yup, there is a chance of winning reward points by doing daily win rounds.....so keep at it you will get a lot of them

Last edited:
Defintely concerned I won't get enough reward points to unlock all of the trees. At first I got reward points fairly quickly but now I am lucky to get more than 2 per play session :(

Little update: today after winning six rounds, instead of the usual 100 ore I received 2 reward points

DRK3

Forum veteran
Yeah, i take back what i said earlier about earning Reward Points:

Today i also earned 2 on either daily rewards or level up, not sure, but at least the RP arent only earned with contracts as i had thought.

ah, just completed the last year :)
Bild 16_resize.png

How many in-game hours did that take? Judging but your ore and card pieces, you are a pretty invested player...

But isnt it good that not everyone has all the costumes and skins and premiums. You pick your path, you dont travel all of them.

Maybe... I suspect it will more likely mean that many players will just get frustrated and leave leading to a diminished player base and lack of viability for this game to continue to be supported.

I suspect it will more likely mean that many players will just get frustrated and leave leading to a diminished player base and lack of viability for this game to continue to be supported.
Hardly. That's a very strange attitude to have, considering the number of unlockable Reward Book rewards is finite (especially if season trees do not reset, which we'll find out next month) whereas the number of Reward Points one can earn is not.
This will eventually result in a growing pile of Reward Points that are literally useless at least until a new yearly tree rolls around.

-----

IMO it's definitely better to always have something to work towards outside of matches and ranking. If there is no point in earning Reward Points (pun intended) then that will take away from the fun that the game provides.
Many of us have been playing for well over three years now, and I doubt I'm the only one who finds the Reward Book has made a noticeable difference in how the game feels outside of matches. I'm glad that, at my pace, it will take years to unlock all rewards.

PS. I'm in a situation where I have piles of worthless virtual currency that has literally no use because I've unlocked everything it can be used on. And I keep getting more and more of it. There hasn't been any fun or sense of accomplishment in earning that currency in a very, very long time and I doubt there ever will be again. Other than seeing the number go higher and higher and higher.
That's not something I would ever want to experience with GWENT and Rewards Points because it, quite frankly, sucks.

Last edited:
I raised this topic quite awhile ago actually:

The problem is the reward points vs reward book vs scraps balance. Basically it is too difficult to complete the reward books, and it is too easy to build a collection with scraps.

I think both the players and CDPR would benefit it it was easier to complete the reward books, and scraps were somewhat devalued (give less scraps or increase card crafting costs). The end result would be about the same, just in a more satisfactory way.

Since the time of that thread, CDPR have done some good adjustments in regards to gaining reward points for daily tasks, daily login, faction challenges and so fourth. This still doesn't solve the actual problem. With the reward point vs scraps balance as it is, likelyhood is you will complete your card collection (both faction and complete) long before you complete any reward books.

Top Bottom