Will we get to see Cyberpunk 2077 @ E3

+
Will we get to see Cyberpunk 2077 @ E3

Just wondering if we might get to see a new preview or if the developers might drop some more details at E3?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 934667_588724907814204_296353282_n.jpg
    934667_588724907814204_296353282_n.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 88
I just found out about this game because someone on the Angry Joe youtube show asked for him to cover this game at E3. This looks like what they should have done with Shadowrun. Cool stuff so far.

I just found out about this game because someone on the Angry Joe youtube show asked for him to cover this game at E3. This looks like what they should have done with Shadowrun. Cool stuff so far.

They are both based on their PnP games, whcih have been around for decades. Both games are good in their own ways.

Shadowrun is an utterly different setting though. I mean, all the core values are completely different. I'm not sure if the exact same treatment would work for both games, and that's coming from a viewpoint where we don't even know how 2077 is done. All we've seen is an intro video with some performance capture and a lot of CGI.

They are both based on their PnP games, whcih have been around for decades. Both games are good in their own ways.

It wasn't a dig on the Shadowrun computer game. I'm actually looking forward to playing it. I just wish they would've had the ability to make it more of a 3d game with this kind of atmosphere. I realize it (Shadowrun) is a kickstarter game and had a limited budget but a lot of the feel and atmosphere just gets lost for me in their implementation. I played the pen and paper game (Shadowrun) when it first came out. I never played Cyberpunk but I did read the rule books when they first came out.

Shadowrun is an utterly different setting though. I mean, all the core values are completely different. I'm not sure if the exact same treatment would work for both games, and that's coming from a viewpoint where we don't even know how 2077 is done. All we've seen is an intro video with some performance capture and a lot of CGI.

I'm assuming, based on this being done by the same company that did the Witcher games, that this is going to be 3d. I'm familiar with the Shadowrun pen and paper rule set (circa 1st edition) having played it when it first came out. I've also read the Cyberpunk rule books when they first came out and I know the difference between the two as tabletop games. As I said in another reply, I'm NOT bagging on the upcoming Shadowrun computer game and am actually looking forward to trying it out.

It wasn't a dig on the Shadowrun computer game. I'm actually looking forward to playing it. I just wish they would've had the ability to make it more of a 3d game with this kind of atmosphere. I realize it (Shadowrun) is a kickstarter game and had a limited budget but a lot of the feel and atmosphere just gets lost for me in their implementation. I played the pen and paper game (Shadowrun) when it first came out. I never played Cyberpunk but I did read the rule books when they first came out.
For what it is, I like Shadowrun Returns and I will enjoy playing it. I quite like the throw back to tactical view, which I used to see in games like Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics and Ultima Online. The lack of 3D does not bother me in the slightest.

I'm assuming, based on this being done by the same company that did the Witcher games, that this is going to be 3d. I'm familiar with the Shadowrun pen and paper rule set (circa 1st edition) having played it when it first came out. I've also read the Cyberpunk rule books when they first came out and I know the difference between the two as tabletop games. As I said in another reply, I'm NOT bagging on the upcoming Shadowrun computer game and am actually looking forward to trying it out.
We have asked about 1st and 3rd person perspective, they have refused to comment, so I personally expect a combination.

All we really know is that it is going to be all about the sandbox and being able to make the game our own is at the forefront of the design philosophy.

And when SR does come out, we shall start a thread in OT and happily chat all about it. Hmm, may need a SPOILER tag method or covering. Or Spoiler free thread.

Even if they say little to nothing about CP2077 at this E3, you can bet that's the last E3 that'll happen at. Next three years or so will be CP2077 heavy. I hope.

Gonna have to send WIsdom some nitroglycerin pills around now.

Well, I hope we will get some interviews about Cyberpunk... but not much more I guess.

Well, they got the nifty crusher prop finished for it, so they will have some kind of display at least... maybe some new information.... so we have something to talk about....

Or argue about. :p

Seriously though, in one article they said CDPR is around 160 people, with 84 of them on Witcher 2. That leaves a hefty number of devs on '77 for well over a year now. I hope we get some info.

There is a report of microsoft, known NSA partner, is paying 3rd party devs to not show their games on the PS4. I hope CDPR didn't take their dirty money.

Top Bottom