Will we see Ciri in the 3rd expansion?

+
Will we see Ciri in the 3rd expansion?

As much as I love the game and Geralt I am far more fascinated by Ciri and her powers.
So will we see her or may be even play as her in the next expansion?

If the issue is about the story then why not have them as flashbacks? We have certainly seen them before...

First of all, there has been no mention of any plans for a third expansion. If you mean Blood and Wine, however, no, most probably Ciri will not appear.

I don't know, I find Ciri and her powers to be boring. She can't take mutagens/potions, has no blade oils, has no magic/Signs, only wears one set of armor, and uses one sword. A DLC with her would be just spamming her Blink and Charge powers.

I don't know, I find Ciri and her powers to be boring. She can't take mutagens/potions, has no blade oils, has no magic/Signs, only wears one set of armor, and uses one sword. A DLC with her would be just spamming her Blink and Charge powers.

Yeh the way she plays in The Wild Hunt wouldnt stay interesting for an entire expansion but they can always give her new mechanics if they decide to do something with her in the future. Shes using different swords, armors, oils and magic in the main game (i means she is the most potent magicuser in the entire game) so the lore wouldnt stop them from creating something interesting.

Yeh the way she plays in The Wild Hunt wouldnt stay interesting for an entire expansion but they can always give her new mechanics if they decide to do something with her in the future. Shes using different swords, armors, oils and magic in the main game (i means she is the most potent magicuser in the entire game) so the lore wouldnt stop them from creating something interesting.

True, although she can't use magic - not like a traditional mage. But - if an expansion takes place long enough after the main game and she is a fully trained witcher - she could have blade oils, a witcher's sword (in addition to her steel sword), and different armors.

Jelni

Forum regular

They should go all out with Ciri, beats 'em up mechanics all the way, combos, aerials etc. Her dashes, AoE teleportations and charged attacks are nice but the whole package feels a little disjointed, a combo counter tied to a special bar and a few chains of combos could feel really nice.

They should go all out with Ciri, beats 'em up mechanics all the way, combos, aerials etc. Her dashes, AoE teleportations and charged attacks are nice but the whole package feels a little disjointed, a combo counter tied to a special bar and a few chains of combos could feel really nice.

That sounds like a lame hack'n slash or even worse a fighting game....please NO. I don't want The Witcher: Mortal Kombat Edition. Ciri was over-the top for my taste already.

Ciri with her powers and abilities is not meant to be playable...besides in a Witcher game I want to play with a REAL witcher.

True, although she can't use magic - not like a traditional mage. But - if an expansion takes place long enough after the main game and she is a fully trained witcher - she could have blade oils, a witcher's sword (in addition to her steel sword), and different armors.

She will never be a real witcher since she did not undergo the mutation process, she can't use Witcher senses...she would not be a true witcher.............also that would mean disregarding other people decisions over the endings and put a canon...which is quite bad in my humble opinion.

Last edited:
First of all, there has been no mention of any plans for a third expansion. If you mean Blood and Wine, however, no, most probably Ciri will not appear.

Do you think they'll make another though? :D

Like bigger than the last 2 combined and then they keep it secret and then they announce it and all are so happy that all of the main characters will appear in the same stronghold like Mass Effect's Citadel but better?!

That was the entire point. She provided a different way to play the game to Geralt. To the OP, if you know something we don't, please share! ;)

Just take away all her powers but blink, let her have a select lets say 5 or 6 armors (some with hoods) and swords to mix and match. Blade oils, Bombs and her fighting style like Witcher 2 Geralt with all the fast one handed sword combos and stuff.

Do you think they'll make another though? :D

Like bigger than the last 2 combined and then they keep it secret and then they announce it and all are so happy that all of the main characters will appear in the same stronghold like Mass Effect's Citadel but better?!

So far, all comments from developers indicate that Blood and Wine will be the last expansion, and also the end of Geralt's story. But there is a thread to request a third expansion in the suggestions forum here, even if it will probably not be enough to change CDPR's decision. Regarding Ciri in Blood and Wine, I agree with RivenII, the expansion will probably be a separate story (but integrated into the open world of the main game) and only feature new characters.

Top Bottom