Will we see full reviews on May 17th?

+
Actually we don’t really know what they played in the game, there is more than one way of playing the game so maybe they missed a whole city depending on the path they took.We will see when we play the game, I don’t trust some of the reviewers.

They were reviewing TW2 at CDPR. It is not mentioned in english translation. At least that is what I understand from reading polish version. I hope that this is why it was so short. Maybe it's just main plot time? I can't believe that TW2 is that much shorter than TW1. I hope that we get a reply from either CDPR or CD-Action concerning this gameplay time :(Also I don't think its typo, it would be corrected pretty soon, also they wouldn't write "42" they would write "40" instead.

archaven said:
Sorry to not offend anyone but how can they compare MASS EFFECT 2 with TW2? ME series looks more of a console game ported to PC to me.. in my most own opinion...
Yeah I'm not thrilled with that comparison to be honest. ME2 is a fine game, I just don't think its a good example of an RPG. Ahh well, I'm not reading too much into one review.

I don't really mind even if it's 24 hours long. I would rather have 24 hours of a well written, tightly paced, very detailed world than a 60 hour mess with generic dungeons, generic towns, lots of backtracking and a bad story. Plus there are 16 endings, and a dynamic world that is reshaped by your actions (kingdoms disappear etc). I also think Gop said before that 5 or 6 of those endings are actually massive game changers. I am good with that.

He is comparing Witcher 2 to Mass Effect.This review officially does no exist for me.ps: I love Mass Effect, mind you, but its an action rpg.

Kodaemon said:
...And so is The Witcher, and especially The Witcher 2. Your point?
Since you fail to see the obvious then let me spell it out for you T O T A L L Y D I F F E R E N T G A M E SThere.

Chauntea said:
Chauntea said:
...And so is The Witcher, and especially The Witcher 2. Your point?
Since you fail to see the obvious then let me spell it out for you T O T A L L Y D I F F E R E N T G A M E SThere.
You fail to see he is comparing story and quality not games as a whole ;)

If you asked me.. I feel the original Mass Effect 1 feels more EPIC than Mass Effect 2. It was so touching and i was amazed.. even teared when Shepard being promoted to SPECTRE..

Kodaemon said:
Yup. Both are story-driven action-rpgs with a big scope, created with high production values.
I dunno, ME2 wasn't very large in scope. :p But it is the best comparison. A lot of previewers have been comparing TW2 to ME2 also because their predecessors were very different ME1 to ME2 had quite a few changes to it as does TW1 to TW2, only the later is changed much more.

I am also waiting for a real review, a comparison with DAO and TW1 among some of the RPG classics.

Chauntea said:
He is comparing Witcher 2 to Mass Effect.This review officially does no exist for me.ps: I love Mass Effect, mind you, but its an action rpg.
CD Projekt Red clearly took a cue from BioWare when it comes to choice-driven story with actual impact on the plot and narrative. Perhaps a better comparison would be Dragon Age, however both developers focus greatly on story with consequence, as well as fun and action-packed combat.I will say one thing though, The Witcher 2 is going to completely obliterate Dragon Age 2 in every possible way. BioWare will probably have to completely overhaul the IP yet again if they really want to compete in this ever competitive market.

slimgrin said:
slimgrin said:
A short summary of the CD-Action review is now up on their website, in english: http://www.cdaction.pl/news-19164-2/wiedzmin-2-zabojcy-krolow--recenzja-pierwsza-na-swiecie.htmlI'll still be posting a full translation here later today.
"Unhurried gameplay takes about 24 hours."They must be joking. The game is really that short?
Maybe it lost something in translation, as in "the main quest, unhurried... " ?In any case, I rarely go by reviews, because reviews are highly subjective.

ME2 is not an rpg, its a shooter with some decent storytelling plus action-adventure elements, if you will. But it is such a COMPLETELY different game type, you cannot compare it to a classic rpg. Although I did clock a lot of hours, but that's mainly, because it was artificially stretched with a lot of pointless shootings, which watered down the main story (compared to ME). I expect differently from TW2! Fortunately I know one thing for sure: no guns. :DBut here's the poof for different gaming: someone said he played DA2 in 30 hours - I played 60 hours. Not counting reloading lots of times, because I wanted to check out a different dialog option. Ask me about "my 24 hours" in a couple weeks. :))Curious, what the next "full review" will tell us.

heerox328 said:
CD Projekt Red clearly took a cue from BioWare when it comes to choice-driven story with actual impact on the plot and narrative.
Pardon me, what?CDPR had made this design decision when they did TW1. They were always repeating that decisions are most important part of the game (and this is reflected from The Witcher books). So they (I mean CDPR and Bioware) took this approach simultaneously and "develop" it both in their own way.

Top Bottom