Will Witcher 3 Be Easy to Mod?

+
Will Witcher 3 Be Easy to Mod?

Just was interested in if the next Witcher game will be modder friendly. There aren't nearly as many mods for the Witcher games as their are for Bethesda, Source and Unreal games and I assume it is mostly because it is more difficult to mod for. Since the next game is supposed to be open world just like the TES and Fallout games that could potentially mean tons of new modded content that could be added adding a lot of additional playtime to the game.

Good question. I have no idea.

I'm thinking that the Witcher 3 will eventually have some mods but that's about it.

Hey, at least TW3 won't be as mod unfriendly as EVERY UBISOFT GAME EVER. So there's that.

I'm also interested in this.

Did they mention when tools will be available - after the game is released or much later?

Aver said:
They have plans to release mod tools, but not on release.

That's a relief to hear. Skyrim is absolute blast to play mainly due to wide modding scene and their amazing mods.

Since this is the last in the series I definitely feel ( and request to CDPR) to please allow TW3 as much support for modding as possible.

emperorzorn said:
If CDPR does release mod tools, you better brace yourself for a wave of Ciri mods.

huh Ciri .. what's Ciri?

Osho said:
huh Ciri .. what's Ciri?

If you`re not familiar with the witcher characters . This is Ciri
Book spoilers are contained in the link
http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Ciri

Osho said:
huh Ciri .. what's Ciri?
One of the most important characters in The Witcher universe. The whole book saga and many of the short stories are centered around her.

Tommy said:
If you`re not familiar with the witcher characters . This is Ciri
Book spoilers are contained in the link
http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Ciri

Tommy said:
One of the most important characters in The Witcher universe. The whole book saga and many of the short stories are centered around her.

I am so sorry im new to witcher series and I have got my GOG game for the first time still not completed entirely but looking forward to Witcher 3 after having great reviews from my friends. It's a great game. :)

Beestonian

I didn't really notice until somebody pointed out the proportions of that rider. THe legs are shorter, the SIlver Sword is much shorter than Geralts despite being closer to the viewer. They have a white horse while in the Trailer Vesemir has a brown one.

Can't waaiit.

Osho said:
I am so sorry im new to witcher series and I have got my GOG game for the first time still not completed entirely but looking forward to Witcher 3 after having great reviews from my friends. It's a great game. :)/>

No need to be sorry .
I figured you to be new to the games and not familiar with some or most of the characters and that was the reason for the link .
In the games most of the named characters were taken directly from the books .

Oh and welcome to the forums !

Beestonian said:
I didn't really notice until somebody pointed out the proportions of that rider. THe legs are shorter, the SIlver Sword is much shorter than Geralts despite being closer to the viewer. They have a white horse while in the Trailer Vesemir has a brown one.

Can't waaiit.

I don't know if this has to be a spoiler, but just in case...

In Geralt's books, Ciri acquired a mare, black as coal, which she named Kelpie, that is also the name of a marine monster which, according to the legend, can assume the shape of a horse, dolphin or woman.
I don't remember what happened to the mare after, but Ciri was abe to summon or call Kelpa whit a bracelet she had.

I never imagine that the other rider could be other than Vesemir. Now that I see it closer, that beard seems too soft (or perhaps Vesemir uses a good shampoo).

Nekrypt said:
I don't know if this has to be a spoiler, but just in case...

In Geralt's books, Ciri acquired a mare, black as coal, which she named Kelpie, that is also the name of a marine monster which, according to the legend, can assume the shape of a horse, dolphin or woman.
I don't remember what happened to the mare after, but Ciri was abe to summon or call Kelpa whit a bracelet she had.
I never imagine that the other rider could be other than Vesemir. Now that y see it closer, tath beard seems too soft.

Fixed that spoiler tag for you . :)

Osho said:
I am so sorry im new to witcher series and I have got my GOG game for the first time still not completed entirely but looking forward to Witcher 3 after having great reviews from my friends. It's a great game. :)
Ciri is only mentioned in The Witcher 1 (iirc) so if you want to know more about her you have to read the books.

Top Bottom