Will Xbone version of TW3 hold the game back?

+
AserPik said:
Personally I guess I see no harm in what they're doing, but then again I share an xbox with a brother on the same account anyway, and we don't tend to lend games or buy preowned ones, thus I have little problem with the DRMing of the world.

Until they use their technology to check if it is always the same person playing and then charges you for being two different people playing. :p

AserPik said:
Every gamer will get at least one of those next-gen consoles at one point, except those assholes who pirate everything, no wonder they think PC is the greatest

Ok then by your definition me and many others that play on PC exclusively and don't care for consoles at all besides what effects they have on the gaming market in general are either not gamers or pirates. But I know, I am not a pirate, I buy the games that are worth it and ignore the others (including the ones with stupid DRM for the most part :/ ). There are no RTS on consoles and keyboard and mouse are still the best controls for most of the games I play. So yes I think PC is the greatest for me, but that is just my preference in gaming, if you are into other genres, I guess consoles can be nice.

Mataresa said:
Until they use their technology to check if it is always the same person playing and then charges you for being two different people playing.

OH GOD NO! THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!

Heh Conspiracy theories :D

Im sure they do so that tw3 will run with 60 fps and 1080p both on consoles and pc but with different visuals. Hey, that's why you have graphic setting. They just use different methods of aa, ao post processing etc. I believe texture quality will be the same on every system.

Just for amusement:

Hahaha :D/> It would also be funny if those sensors also can't discern between pareidolia and faces.

Thus far, it seems the Xbone is a PS4 marketing ploy, hah.

Sirnaq said:
Im sure they do so that tw3 will run with 60 fps and 1080p both on consoles and pc but with different visuals. Hey, that's why you have graphic setting. They just use different methods of aa, ao post processing etc. I believe texture quality will be the same on every system.

Just for amusement:

quite funny actually

HicSuntDracones said:
............OK, funny as it is it is rather unfair
I think its really unfair to charge 400-500$ for machine to watch netflix and still charge monthly fees for NFL

Hehe, good one Sirnaq. It won't be funny for those who'll use this thing though. On the other hand the won't be able to say they weren't warned ;)

Sirnaq said:

Just for amusement:

*snip*

Console have come a long way. Less functionality than your average smart phone, more ads.

Gilrond said:
slimgrin: Xbox looks more like a media center which happens to play games, than a gaming computer these days.

Except tablets and PC's are already far better media centers, and cable is on it's way out. Streaming over the net is the future of any media center. MS have once again made their console a technological dinosaur.

slimgrin said:
Except tablets and PC's are already far better media centers, and cable is on it's way out. Streaming over the net is the future of any media center. MS have once again made their console a technological dinosaur.

Except for Germany, where they are getting rid of internet flats... :S

Its pointless to discuss consoles on clearly PC forum. I have no doubt PC is probably the best platform for gaming, but some of us are a bit close minded or too young to see that next-gen will deliver equally powerful visuals on every game for next 2+ years. Looking at new Killzone game alone, I wonder how powerful PC would you need to run this at 1080p and 60FPS;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDfu1mYQXEg

weren't they saying that with cloud computing performances will be improved in the future?

but seriously, give me a good story end even stylized (but upgraded) Darksiders 2 visuals and I am golden

also Triss' voice actress, she is essential

Hey don't you guys remember after the Xbox One announcement Sony stocks went up instead of Microsoft's, now that is pretty funny.

HicSuntDracones said:
......am I the only one who is buying the next console JUST for gaming and everything else is just extras?

Nope. I am buying it as soon as it is on the market. Too much aggressive persuasion not to do something - and I am doing exactly the opposite. Human nature. Even if kinect is always on and spying on me. My xbox is not in my bedroom, so spy away. I can always find a blanket to cover it anyway.

vivaxardas said:
Nope. I am buying it as soon as it is on the market. Too much aggressive persuasion not to do something - and I am doing exactly the opposite. Human nature. Even if kinect is always on and spying on me. My xbox is not in my bedroom, so spy away. I can always find a blanket to cover it anyway.

"I'm sorry Hal, I can't let you do that."

*incinerates blanket*

Top Bottom