Will you be playing CP2077 with English or Polish dubbing?

+

DC9V

Forum veteran
I understand your point. I also played "The Witcher 1" in English first but then I tried Polish for my second playthroug...
This is how Zoltan looks in TW1 ? LMFAO
That Polish sounds decent tho...

I learned a lot by playing the English version of TW3 so I will stick with that in Cyberpunk.

And if you don't speak Polish: Do you feel some difference in tonality or is it just me?

The difference in tonality is very obvious for Meredith. She sounds more intimidating in the English version.
Male V sounds less edgy than the English version, which is pretty cool
Not noticing too much difference for the other characters

Guest 3573786

English of course. First person is already lessening my immersion; playing with Polish would downright kill it.

Right now, English seems very fitting for the appearance and general impressions of the characters we've seen so far. I'll choose English because of that, and well, I won't have to read any subtitles that way for the most part.

Polish dub sounds great, too, though, but it just doesn't feel like the game and characters were designed with it in mind. I mean, it is Northern California after all.

English. It might be somewhat courious if the game could be played with Polish VO's and English text, though.

I once watched Batman Begins with a Polish dub just for the fun of it. It was weird. One man did all the characters. Every one of them.

I once watched Batman Begins with a Polish dub just for the fun of it. It was weird. One man did all the characters. Every one of them.

That's actually an older technique for film translation before the possibility of subtitles was invented and one of my former film professors told me once, that it's pretty well thought out actually:
The original actor's dialogue typically conveys most emotions at the beginning and at the end of his speech part. So the reader only starts talking half a second after the actor, goes relatively fast and ends half a second before the actor, so we get the "emotional information" from the actor's "sound". When the reader is talking, he speaks especially monotonous to signal the audience: "What I'm reading is just the meaning-part of the dialogue, not the emotional part; I am not an actor, the guy on the screen is!"

I think it's pretty cool, once you get used to it. You don't have to look down and away from the scene and can focus on the actor's faces and acting.

I translated the cp2077's famous song "podłączam się: janusz srebrnoręki edition" by the 4tnite guy himself XD
it's going to be like that in the polish dubbing:

czy to czujesz🎵
czy możesz to dotknąć🎵
przygotuj się, bo jedziemy🎵

czy to czujesz🎵
czy możesz to dotknąć🎵

moja dusza wstawiona z witalną siłą🎵
nie oszczędzę tego, na co poluję🎵
to jest zwierzę w mojej krwi🎵
nie zatrzymałbym go, nawet gdybym mógł🎵

ziarno jest zasiane - podłączam się🎵
rzuć kości - podłączam się🎵
umieść ten kod - podłączam się🎵
chaos płynie🎵

nie wycofując się, nigdy się nie wycofując🎵
nie wycofując się, tak🎵

czy to czujesz🎵
czy możesz to dotknąć🎵

czy to czujesz🎵
czy możesz to dotknąć🎵

tak🎵

garnitury biegną, kiedy się wycofuję🎵
nie mogą mnie zabić jestem zerami i jedynkami🎵
dodaj sprawiedliwość do matematyki ludzi🎵
wypal swoją drogę na ścieżce buntowników🎵

usłysz moje wezwanie - podłączam się🎵
totalna wojna - podłączam się🎵
łuski spadają - podłączam się🎵
zabić ich wszystkich🎵

nie wycofując się, nigdy się nie wycofując🎵

czy to czujesz🎵
czy możesz to dotknąć🎵

czy to czujesz🎵
czy możesz to dotknąć🎵

1595527502285.png

I don't understand Polish but after seeing that video I wish I could both because of the tonality and because things that can't but get lost in translation.

First i thought Englis is the only one... But aftet hearing this one i think I will play PL version. I like Jackie much more in PL than EN.

I think i will try out the polish version, but i will not switch to it, because i think the english version sounds better, especially when keanu is in it

(not polish)

I'll start with English and quite possibly switch to Japanese from time to time (played like that on AC:Odyssey, and the Japanese VOs were spot on)

I'm obviously going to play an English version. Don't know any language besides English.

(not polish)

I'll start with English and quite possibly switch to Japanese from time to time (played like that on AC:Odyssey, and the Japanese VOs were spot on)

How was The Witcher in Japanese? I love the Japanese language although I don't understand much. I'm learning from the Yakuza games : )

I might give the Polish VO a shot, but if the lip animations doesn't sync up with the VO, then it's going to drive me crazy. When the lips don't match the words that are being spoken, it completely ruins the experience for me.
It has been said that "CD Projekt Red invented a technology based on sound analysis from neural networks, producing real-time lip sync for all localisations." (Source-wiki, yes the quote is correctly translated - the VO is to be put automatically in correct moment in order to lip-sync basing on the algorithm). Also I have never noticed this being a problem in Witcher series in polish version in particular.

Compare this elaborate analogy with the English dubbing:
Thanks for the reminder, how good the dubb was in Witcher 1, Talar (Thaler (?) ) is just perfect.

Originally I thought that I am going to play in English as everyone around mainly because the most common translation to polish, I have stumbled across, is the one which is quite poorly done, however, now You have mentioned, when I remind myself the translation of Witcher-series - it was always top-notch - so I might give it a go in polish as my native.
I believe the story is engaging the most in your own language.

A propos adaptation, probably nobody around has noticed, it's not true in english, but in polish version when narrator speaks about motivation, he uses phrase 'trainer' while showing the basketball players, it kinda makes sense, and I think it's quite nice touch, something that actually stuck in my head, after watching it.

Last edited:
I'm going to try both, but I will probably play english version... I've been in usa for 15 years so it has became more natural for me to play games in english... :)

Thanks for the reminder, how good the dubb was in Witcher 1, Talar (Thaler (?) ) is just perfect.

Yes, he is. Azar Javeds gravelly voice is great, too. And I loved Foltest, swearing like any commoner, which made him beloved to them. There was so much characterization in the actors' performances.

Top Bottom