Will you be purchasing any future DLC or games from CDPR after Cyberpunk 2077's launch?

+

Will you be buying any future DLC or games from CDPR after Cyberpunk 2077's launch?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am curious to see what the general audience has to say on this.

If I refused to buy games or DLC from companies who'd had a dodgy release, I'd have played far fewer games! Rockstar, Sega, Ubisoft, EA, DICE (before EA), Capcom, Konami, Square and many more would be off the list. CDPR already dropped the ball at least twice before!

Building big games is difficult and requires truly massive budgets and lengthy Dev times - on top of that, trying to adjust Dev + QA procedures because of Covid for the last 20% after 5 years of work? Nah, I'm not switching off - it's only going to hurt me in the long run.

I build software for a living, and my experience of the messy stuff in CP2077 has always smacked of poor management and management pushing the game out. Possibly there were some weak Dev managers in the middle - but the Devs, Artists, Writers etc don't deserve to punished for that.

Patience is a virtue, and one we'd all do well to exercise more in these times.

Last edited:
As of now.... NO.

It's really all up to them really. If they fix CP and go beyond more then just bugs. Maybe... (Though they think it's great on PC 9/10 10/10s and all...)
The way things are going I'm not sure if I ever will care what they do in the future. Being a fan for 12 years holding CDPR as the promised ones, you were suppose to end bad gaming not join them! That meme just nails how I feel.

CP has some good if not great ideas and is at times very fun to play, but then your hit in the face with the unpolished features, missing features, and just plain unfinished. Story is ok, I expected more from CDPR. Though it can be added to. The AI systems are a joke and I feel like there isn't really any. Don't get me started on the censorship....

This year will tell me if CDPR is a company I feel like I can trust/buy form..

As of this moment Larian studios is the only developer I have any trust in...
Help us Larian your our only hope...

I'll have absolutely no issue purchasing their games and pre ordering what they'll come up with.
As long as its not lame cosmetics DLCs as done by other major studios, but its focused on story and such, I'll take whatever they throw in the mix.
They just need to refocus and do what they do the best, and eventually it'll be okay. The swarm of locusts will be long gone and Cyberpunk will go on having found its regular audience eventually.

I just hope they'll stay away from the Witcher 4 or whatever it'll be called as long as they can. The Witcher is first and foremost the story of Geralt and it ended in a perfect place. I don't want them to open that Pandora box and put on a 4th game, I really hope they'll build on what they have with CP instead for a while.
They have already stated multiple times that they are not going to do another Witcher sequel.
However with what happen to CP (lies) I wouldn’t be surprised anymore.
CDPR is like any other big developer now. I’ll just wait for the reviews and take what CDPR say with a (big) grain of salt.

Well this poll is woefully incomplete; but I am certainly never buying anything from them at full retail price anymore, and not through GoG. I afforded them a very generous amount of trust by purchasing day 1 and they fucked it up. I'll be waiting for a -75% Steam sale on the Super Ultra Complete Deluxe Edition in 3-4 years time before they get another penny from me.

The Cyberpunk 2077 DLC will be free.

I can't believe I read through the first two pages of this thread and no one mentioned that.

they would have a damn cheek charging for it after this mess to be fair.
Bethesda charged over $50 for Fallout 4's DLC and that game was in FAR worse shape.

And, unlike CDPR, Bethesda expected the modders to fix all the bugs and released "patches" only when they wanted to add something to the game's cash store.

The Cyberpunk 2077 DLC will be free.

I can't believe I read through the first two pages of this thread and no one mentioned that.

The FIRST one will be. There was never any promise all DLC would be free. I would be shocked if that were the case.
Post automatically merged:

Bethesda charged over $50 for Fallout 4's DLC and that game was in FAR worse shape.

I would not say FO4 was in worse shape. It was very buggy but roughly the game that was expected.

CP2077 was like buying Daggerfall and getting Pong.

Absolutely, a lot swung on the fact they began the project following the success of The Witcher 3, the fact that they'd announced it would be on the current gen systems, which may of seemed realistic at the time. However, with most projects going over their initial planned release dates, then adding in a major leap of improvements in graphics cards / processors the biggest leap forward for a long while it's fair to say, consoles that were struggling to meet the existing market game specs even when new to keep up, prompting the stop gaps such as the Xbox x and Ps4 pro editions. All this and the demand for latest and greatest, mixed with pre order money already in the bank, pressure from all sides brought about this disaster. May of been a bad hit, but perhaps better move to refund the last gen pre orders explaining it was a choice to do that or a scaled back version. Still I personally am confident they'll of learnt many lessons from this slip and when you've been one of the leading the examples of how it should be done, they've had much further to fall. Still they're savvy and if anyone can pull it back i'd back them to do so.

Also not to mention that they will delay any payed DLC till "gamer memory" has faded. Which happens quite fast.
Well either that or their own delusions (fueled by IGN Review scores) will command them to release a sub-par attempt.

Either/Or can/will happen.

From CDPR it is decent to add cut content for free! What was supposed to be there, let it be free! Don't hand it out as a paid DLC!!!

From CDPR it is decent to add cut content for free! What was supposed to be there, let it be free! Don't hand it out as a paid DLC!!!

All games have "cut-content" lol.

I'm assuming you mean content that has been deliberately cut so that it can be sold as future DLC/profit... This has not been the case with CD project RED as of yet (I think).

Either way, the upcoming DLC will all be free of charge.

All games have "cut-content" lol.

I'm assuming you mean content that has been deliberately cut so that it can be sold as future DLC/profit... This has not been the case with CD project RED as of yet (I think).

Either way, the upcoming DLC will all be free of charge.

Well, there is a first for everything. So i wouldn't be surprised if they relase some content that was held back. Like a playable version of the Jackie montage for example.

And while they said the first DLCs will be free, I think people give them either too much credit or have too high hopes of what that means. At best, it'll be a new tech tree and maybe 1 or 2 side gigs but realistically it'll be new cars, cosmetics and clothes. At worse it'll be cross promotion items.

As for the "long term plans", aka MP and payed expansion, I also think people have too high hopes for those. With a game like this that's so poorly received by gamers (If we want to user their logic and go by scores, a good enough Metacritic score from reviewers(85) and bad score by gamers(72) really isn't what you want), I doubt they'll put too much effort into them and rather push them out and then be done with the whole mess. Back to the Witcher we go. Or if it's another CP game it will already be a soft reboot or even worse... a purely games a service deal. Destiny anyone?

Not until well after it's been released and I've seen actual gameplay. Depending on how they handle cyberpunk in the future I may actually never purchase anything from them again.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom