Will you give your players an 3rd person option on your next patch for ps4 users? Thanks!

+
I really love the game however, i feel like the customisation of your character is kinda useless if you're on a 1st person mode. Hoping for your response. Thanks :)
You're absolutely correct. While I don't mind the 1st person in this case, it does render character customisation useless as you never see the character :smart: (and no, photomode and inventory do not count)

That is not true. You see character during cutscene and in mirrors as well.

I know its not much especially how advanced creator is, but saying that its useless is not fair. I think for many people character creator matters even for those small things in game and its important to stay connected to your V.

Last edited:
Maybe, but I think it's very unlikely for a game advertised as "first person only" game :)
(like CDPR never add first person in TW3...)

Well, CDPR has explained more than once that CP2077 is meant to be played in First-Person and that they do not intend to add a Third-Person-Option. Over a year after the release I doubt they'll change their mind. There is no new argument for it, that hasn't already been brought up in the past. So it seems very unlikely to me that things will change anytime soon.

That is not true. You see character during cutscene and in mirrors as well.

I know its not much especially how advanced creator is, but saying that its useless is not fair. I think for many people character creator matters even for those small things in game and its important to stay connected to your V.
Mmmm, gonna have to disagree with you about 'how advanced' the character creator is. It's not shit as some would have you believe, but it's nothing that hasn't been surpassed years ago.

For the topic at hand; Not likely. They're gonna have to fix the player rigs and animations before even considering a TP option. It's pretty bad, man. That's after fixing all the pressing issues, dealing with any possible expansions, DLC, etc. I understand the desire for it, but I just don't see it being done.

If the open world had more natural mirrors(like glasses on buildings, water surfaces), it would've been a lot better. I personally don't like the idea of a mirror locked behind a key.

Character creation does not make much sense if you can't see your character, loaded with your fav clothes and mods, interacting real-time with the world. ( I'm happy atleast bikes were given tpp)

If the open world had more natural mirrors(like glasses on buildings, water surfaces), it would've been a lot better. I personally don't like the idea of a mirror locked behind a key.

Character creation does not make much sense if you can't see your character, loaded with your fav clothes and mods, interacting real-time with the world. ( I'm happy atleast bikes were given tpp)
Theres plenty with RTX on psyco but V is never reflected (since the model looks weird due too not beeing made for TPP, so i think they made mirrors be the way they are too avoid the problem. 3d person mod gives the same result) Dont think it will get fixed or implemented again but it would make it feel more natural.

My other theory is that V is a vampire.... :D

Theres plenty with RTX on psyco but V is never reflected (since the model looks weird due too not beeing made for TPP, so i think they made mirrors be the way they are too avoid the problem. 3d person mod gives the same result) Dont think it will get fixed or implemented again but it would make it feel more natural.

My other theory is that V is a vampire.... :D
I play with RTX on now and yeah, V's lack of reflection is a little disturbing. You can see the reflection of the person next to you, but not your own. The funniest is if you choose the Sun ending, in your super fancy apartment is a coffee machine with a reflective surface behind it. Treat yourself to a coffee, and the cup with its drinking animation is reflected, but V isn't.

Though, fixing reflections wouldn't help console players, or PC players who are unable to run RTX.

If they do press on with some kind of multiplayer mode, they will have to fix the player model, which would open the way to fixed reflections and possibly a third person option. Though, after nailing their colours to the mast of first person only so firmly, they may not relent even if they did the tricky work to make it possible.

I play with RTX on now and yeah, V's lack of reflection is a little disturbing. You can see the reflection of the person next to you, but not your own.

Well, on PC with RT you _can_ have reflections. I use the TPP mod (google on Nexus) and walk around in Third Person most of the time. For my VR adventures, which I play in First Person, I chose a camera setting that sits right in front of my nose (so my hair doesn't block my view). This way I can see myself reflected in all reflective surfaces.

It's just not for console gamers, sorry.

Refections.jpg

Well, on PC with RT you _can_ have reflections. I use the TPP mod (google on Nexus) and walk around in Third Person most of the time. For my VR adventures, which I play in First Person, I chose a camera setting that sits right in front of my nose (so my hair doesn't block my view). This way I can see myself reflected in all reflective surfaces.

View attachment 11277511

I only bought the game for my pc after seeing the ps4 gameplay, and then waited for some optimization patches, now i think i should've just not done it.

Playing with rtx card is certainly better.

I think the OP has the perfect solution for this oh-so-horrendous problem. Give 3rd person to ps4. And only ps4:)

Has the TPP mod solved the weird walking and running animations yet? The last time I looked at it, which admittedly was a long time ago, the mod still suffered from the effects of the game not properly implementing a skeletal structure for the player character. Which isn't the fault of the mod -- I think that the modder has done amazing work with this, given the underlying constraints. But I was just wondering if the mod has figured out some sort of creative solution.

Has the TPP mod solved the weird walking and running animations yet? The last time I looked at it, which admittedly was a long time ago, the mod still suffered from the effects of the game not properly implementing a skeletal structure for the player character. Which isn't the fault of the mod -- I think that the modder has done amazing work with this, given the underlying constraints. But I was just wondering if the mod has figured out some sort of creative solution.
No.

The TPP mod essentially adds a head to V's body and moves the camera position.

Usually V walks around headless (as you can see in the RT reflections without the mod). The camera is located where the head would be. That's why the camera position has to be shifted as soon as the head is added, because otherwise you'll see through the head from the inside (pretty nightmarish). For third person perspective, the position is shifted back a bit, so you can see the body of V from behind, possibly also sideways, for a view over the shoulder. To get a first person perspective in VR, I moved the camera very slightly forward so that I have a clear view and can still see myself in reflective surfaces.

So this has nothing to do with the animations of V, they are predefined (and unfortunately not easy replaceable with other animations, e.g. from NPCs). For walking, running and jumping I think it's not so bad, for more "difficult" things (e.g. in combat) the mod switches to FPP by default (and if you look at it in TPP you know why...).

At least I can see my character most of the time and admire her good taste in choosing clothes. ;)

Top Bottom