Will You Keep Playing?

+
ser2440;n10823991 said:
It's a shame too because I pack a Vicovaro medic, Greatswords are an easy win for my usual deck.

Same here, once I started running cards like Necromancy and Vicovaro Medics I don't encounter decks with Greatswords. :/

Void_Singer;n10823831 said:
TBH I'm more concerned with some of their stated plans than I am with the current state of the game, since they feel like overreactions. however I'll take a wait and see approach and bitch loudly if my feelings are confirmed.

gamingdevil800;n10824081 said:
Best way to put it is for me this game feels like playing Yu-Gi-Oh but all those amazing cards you collected could be made useless at any given moment during development. Which is why I have been waiting for the full release in the hope changes like this aren't so drastic. During the beta stage for me it feels like you are battling other players and also battling against the developer updates due to how much damage they can cause to your deck lol.

I think the best way to make Gwent's come back is to have a solid plan for it. We all know that they don't have the best track-record when it comes to this game but they've never taken this much time off before. Hopefully after Homecoming they stop with the "Oh let's try this out and see if it works," And it's more like, "This is how we're doing things now." Like I just want them to make some solid well-thought-out decisions. If Homecoming fails then Gwent will probably die, I mean this is extremely risky in itself. I hope Gwent comes back better than ever, I look forward to seeing you on the battlefield when that comes around. :)

Still plan to play along with other games ..like I've done all along.
I still need to finish out the collection ..namely Nilfgaard and a bunch of Scoia’tael

Plus our friendly games at the Inn at the Crossroads will continue as well.

I haven't been playing much lately - once a week over the weekend maybe, and it's always a blast. I will probably continue like this at least until the may patch, then I'll see.

I will only stop playing Gwent for 3 reasons.

1. CDPR getting greedy and make us grind for card packs like HS or MTG.
2. CDPR give up on the game and letting it slowly but surly die.
3. CDPR make the game not fun at all.

right now, I don't grind much for new cards, I still have fun and CDPR still working on Gwent to make it better.

i can only support that. I know so many companies who just abandon there games and shut it down when it didn't go well. But not CDPR. They see that something didn't go well and try to fix it. I admire that.

Void_Singer;n10823831 said:
I'll keep playing... and I'll reevaluate when they change everything yet again.

TBH I'm more concerned with some of their stated plans than I am with the current state of the game, since they feel like overreactions. however I'll take a wait and see approach and bitch loudly if my feelings are confirmed.

To be honest, I don't feel like they are going far enough. Admittedly what would make me happiest is the complete removal of the "Create" mechanic from the game. I know this isn't going to happen, but I can dream. I'll settle for keeping it out of Ranked completely OR (as something I would accept but still be annoyed about) still have only a handful of Silver / Gold Create cards allowed in Ranked. If they keep Bronze Create RNG crap in Ranked in any way, shape or form though, I'm out for good.

Even if they don't take that tack something drastic is required because as it is, for a lot of us at least, GWENT just isn't fun anymore.

Last edited:
DannyGuy;n10826951 said:
I haven't been playing much lately - once a week over the weekend maybe, and it's always a blast. I will probably continue like this at least until the may patch, then I'll see.

Yeah, I think the game's better in small doses.

It's an interesting question because its difficult to invest time in a CCG that's going to completely change in the near future. The game we have right now will cease to exist in the next 6 months.

I quit after Create was introduced, and I've returned to the forums because of the recent post from CDPR, but I probably won't actually play the game again until there's a significant change. I hope whatever they do in May will be a big shift.

I admire their willingness to continue to change the game until they get it right - this is a beta test in the true sense so I suppose we can't be too upset if they keep making major changes.

Greyeyessword;n10832051 said:
If they reset my collection again I will quit for good.

I really hope that's not the case honestly. I know they said they weren't planning any wipes but I'm pretty sure they weren't planning on resetting the whole game neither so... we'll see I guess.

At this point in time it's not really in Gwent's hands anymore to keep me here playing it - it all depends on how Artifact and the Magic game ( although my expectations are so unbelievably low for that one ) will be when they come out.

Knowing Valve and their track record I'm prepared to wager that I will not be playing Gwent that much after Artifact releases, it most likely will melt my face off and I won't ever look back. But I had a lot of fun in Gwent - sometimes you're just not at the right place at the right time, I'm afraid.

My game time shows 770 hours since closed beta ( and I think I remember starting with 0 hours again after some kind of reset ~ 1 year ago that wiped away a few hundred hours of play time, but I 'm not 100% sure on this ), so I definitely got my money's worth - considering I did not pay a cent for anything during that time. Will I complete the 1000 hours? I'm rather sceptical, tbh.

Last edited:
Greyeyessword
OG.laloquaint;n10832121 said:
I really hope that's not the case honestly. I know they said they weren't planning any wipes but I'm pretty sure they weren't planning on resetting the whole game neither so... we'll see I guess.
you get to mill everything out for full value.. so a reset is mostly meaningless, and majority beneficial.

Since the Midwinter patch I've been playing just sporadically, I'll continue to do that until the 6 months pass and then I'll see, though I'm hopeful about the new changes.

I am definitely still playing until the may patch, and I suspect that will shake things up enough to be reinvigorating. I also enjoy arena and that is always different so I think that will keep me occupied for a while. Even if I decrease I am coming back in full force for throne breaker. I assume they will beta thronebreaker? Anyone willing to come back for that?

I sort of forgot about Thronebreaker XD
I'm assuming they'll do a closed (or very limited public) beta only, but that's only what I would do.

I'll certainly buy it, regardless of how multiplayer Gwent turns out. Given CDPR's track record at single player and storytelling, I expect it to be good at the very least.
I'm also a total sucker for minimalistic isometric rpgs. Anyone else remember Shandalar?

Last edited:
Top Bottom