Will You Watch CP2077 Content (videos, streams, etc.) When the Game is Released?

+
The other day I came to the realization that I had virtually no desire to watch some of my favorite Twitch streamers play Cyberpunk 2077, at least within the first couple of weeks of the game's release. It has nothing to do with spoilers, but rather wanting my experience with the game to be as close to 100% mine as I can make it.

I think there are a lot of reasons why I feel that way, chief among them is not wanting to listen to someone blast the game when they don't understand what Cyberpunk as a sub-genre of science fiction is. It's been annoying to see the feedback resemble this as news of a game feature would trickle through. There are going to be plenty of people who can't handle the more mature elements of the game, and I plan to avoid discourse with them whenever possible.

But, I was curious, what are some of the thoughts of the good people here? What will you be doing?

Guest 4375874

The other day I came to the realization that I had virtually no desire to watch some of my favorite Twitch streamers play Cyberpunk 2077, at least within the first couple of weeks of the game's release. It has nothing to do with spoilers, but rather wanting my experience with the game to be as close to 100% mine as I can make it.

I think there are a lot of reasons why I feel that way, chief among them is not wanting to listen to someone blast the game when they don't understand what Cyberpunk as a sub-genre of science fiction is. It's been annoying to see the feedback resemble this as news of a game feature would trickle through. There are going to be plenty of people who can't handle the more mature elements of the game, and I plan to avoid discourse with them whenever possible.

But, I was curious, what are some of the thoughts of the good people here? What will you be doing?
Nope. I'll be streaming myself :ROFLMAO: which isn't something I normally do for games but not everyone is going to be playing the game, it doesn't hurt to get some non traditional gamers into it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DRK3

Forum veteran
I will be too busy playing it to watch someone else play it.

Even the last videos [...], just because we're so close to launch i no longer feel i need to watch anymore of it, if it had been 3/4 months ago i wouldnt resist it though.

NOPE!

Will be playing the game and enjoying all the stories and playthroughs

Maybe after playing through the game at least 3 times for all the lifepaths.
But come Dec 9th @4pm here on the west coast USA. I'll be too all up in Cyberpunk 2077 to care about who uploaded what.

I will be too busy playing it to watch someone else play it.

Exactly! Why would I buy it and then watch someone else play it.

Now down the road, if there is a quest I did not understand or screwed up I may go looking, but this will be months after.

Guest 4211861

I know, V dies in the end.
Worse, Arasaka kills Judy.

On topic: probably some youtubers will put massive spoilers in big yellow letters on their vid pic and then, inside the video, put a spoiler warning at the start and I'll see that and go "bah, you d**k"...

Top Bottom