Will You Watch CP2077 Content (videos, streams, etc.) When the Game is Released?

+
In the wise words of Will Smith, “No!... Heeell no!”:LOL: I’ve actually started to filter most of my feeds of anything resembling Cyberpunk 2077. I’ll be avoiding this forum for a good while soon too. (Hey! Don’t start celebrating until I’m gone!)

In the case of YouTube, there’s this channel I dig a lot, xLetalis, especially famous for his hundreds of videos about curious and easy-to-miss details from The Witcher 3 (among other games), that I’ll have to temporarily unsubscribe from because YT has no flawless way to filter spoilers in videos’ titles and thumbnails, and his videos are pretty much always spoiler-heavy from the get-go (and yep, he’s going to do Cyberpunk videos as well).

hot-fuzz-shame.jpg

Last edited:
yeah absolutly.

i have a 9 year old machine, that was once awesome. but is obviouly rather meh today. (still better than the minimun, that was suprising)

and to see Cohhcarnage play Cyberpunk in all its glory and probably a few days before i can start to download (will take a day or two with my crapy internet here is to hope of preload) / my play that will certantly very different than mine is just a balm for my soul.

i will probably do it dualy where i play as much as i want till i need a break and then watch some of his.

Also will probably check out some other people that play the game too (thinking alana pierce, jessi cox, erika ishii, talisin jeffe if he desides to bless us with it)

Nope. I'll be streaming myself :ROFLMAO: which isn't something I normally do for games but not everyone is going to be playing the game, it doesn't hurt to get some non traditional gamers into it.

Go for it, man :) I hope that works out for you

Oh, yeah. Cannot wait to see the "twitch streamers reacts to meeting themselves in CP2077" type of videos popping up on youtube. Playing the game or watching bunch of e-celebrities screaming and squeaking? Sophie's choice, man...

Honestly, this is why I wasn't thrilled with the game being as hyped as it is. I mean, good on CDPR for generating all this hype years before release, but I dread this as the result of all that.

Much much less than before the launch, or not at all.

On the other hand, AC:Valhalla taught me that "content videos" will be lagging behind my own progress (I tend to put in a lot of hours in a short time), so its likely not as bad in terms of spoilers.

This is a clear nope.

Would you ask someone else to date your girlfriend, and then watch a movie about how they succeeded? :D
I guess (and hope) not. That sums it up tbh.

Made my mind already - I will go as pitch black as my lifestyle and work allow me to. Hopefully the students I teach won't spoil things to me, but I know for sure I'm going off the grid hard until I beat the game at least once.

YouTube and its titles and thumbnails have already spoiled a few things about DOOM Eternal: The Ancient Gods Part 1 to me accidentally, even though I'd been avoiding it quite actively. Breaking Bad ending was also spoiled to me thanks to a username, so I better safe than sorry, I guess.

Gonna miss the hype and the community, though, especially given the fact that I'm definitely not going nowhere near Twitter, YouTube, any social media as a whole. Gonna be reading and playing a lot for sure!

No, I do not want spoilers. I want to enjoy the game at my pace, as I tend to explore everything in open world games.

Also, Gwent is the only game I can sit and watch someone else play. I do not enjoy watching other people play video games, I'd rather play myself.

On the other hand, AC:Valhalla taught me that "content videos" will be lagging behind my own progress (I tend to put in a lot of hours in a short time), so its likely not as bad in terms of spoilers.

I don't think I've ever been ahead of the curve like that...maybe Assassin's Creed III when that came out. But I was still in college and could wiggle gaming time much more easily.

Made my mind already - I will go as pitch black as my lifestyle and work allow me to. Hopefully the students I teach won't spoil things to me, but I know for sure I'm going off the grid hard until I beat the game at least once.

YouTube and its titles and thumbnails have already spoiled a few things about DOOM Eternal: The Ancient Gods Part 1 to me accidentally, even though I'd been avoiding it quite actively. Breaking Bad ending was also spoiled to me thanks to a username, so I better safe than sorry, I guess.

Gonna miss the hype and the community, though, especially given the fact that I'm definitely not going nowhere near Twitter, YouTube, any social media as a whole. Gonna be reading and playing a lot for sure!

I've had a few interesting tales with spoilers recently. Most of my Cyberpunk youtube content comes from CDPR themselves, with the odd gaming news channel discussing the game here and there, but I'm flooding my history with sports and wrasslin' videos all the same. So I'll hopefully be safe from a thumbnail spoiler...

But I think with a massive game such as Cyberpunk 2077, it won't be as much of an issue. Plus if the game, or at least just the story, is not as good/compelling/interesting/etc. because it's been spoiled, then it wasn't that good to begin with. I really don't think CP2077 will have that issue.

but I'm flooding my history with sports and wrasslin' videos all the same. So I'll hopefully be safe from a thumbnail spoiler...
YouTube algorithm threw those DOOM Eternal videos at me despite me not watching anything related to the topic for months, so I wish you massive luck with your plan!

As for the scale and spoilers being not as huge due to how much the will have to offer - I just like to explore everything myself. Kinda constant whim I have.

I don't watch streams at all, but some clips or related videos - why not. But only after I finished the game myself.

YouTube algorithm threw those DOOM Eternal videos at me despite me not watching anything related to the topic for months, so I wish you massive luck with your plan!

As for the scale and spoilers being not as huge due to how much the will have to offer - I just like to explore everything myself. Kinda constant whim I have.

Me and the YouTube Algorithm have a fun little history :p Lord only knows what it'll show me...

Either way, I care less about spoilers and more about my experience. I'm decidedly against letting other people ruin the game for me as much as I can help it, in which I mainly mean people who can't handle a "Rated M" game that's not GTA.

Lucky for me, I have never been into binging or watching YouTube beyond a few things from my subscriptions, so the suggested is normally only videos from my subs I havnt seen yet, must know I'm not going to click other stuff.

Like - even if I'm watching cyberpunk or other games content, my suggestiona is filled with unrelated content from channels from my subs.

Last edited:
I haven't been watching any of the playthroughs at all yet. I've seen enough to know that I want to play it, and then I have been avoiding anything at all besides written articles.
Once it is released, I might check out a few what if I did this sort of thing, but an actual stream, probably not. I got the game. I can play it if I want to see the game?
Side Note: Snape kills Dumbledore

The other day I came to the realization that I had virtually no desire to watch some of my favorite Twitch streamers play Cyberpunk 2077, at least within the first couple of weeks of the game's release. It has nothing to do with spoilers, but rather wanting my experience with the game to be as close to 100% mine as I can make it.

I think there are a lot of reasons why I feel that way, chief among them is not wanting to listen to someone blast the game when they don't understand what Cyberpunk as a sub-genre of science fiction is. It's been annoying to see the feedback resemble this as news of a game feature would trickle through. There are going to be plenty of people who can't handle the more mature elements of the game, and I plan to avoid discourse with them whenever possible.

But, I was curious, what are some of the thoughts of the good people here? What will you be doing?
I won't watch any at all and it's for some of the same reasons as you, but also in regards to spoilers, jumping into a streamers game might give informations about the story, which are unknown to me or they might be at locations that I haven't discovered yet, which to me would ruin the fun.

The few amount of games that comes out, which really interests me and that seems to have a good story, I don't want to have spoiled. And Cyberpunk and Baldurs gate, Divinity etc. are games like that.

Top Bottom