Will You Watch CP2077 Content (videos, streams, etc.) When the Game is Released?

+
Probably no, until I have finished the game at least once since the first experience is always the most magical

No, I want to experience waking up face-down in a bowl of synth-spaghetti, not someone telling me what it tastes like.

No, as I don't want to spoil any more than I already had with the night city featurettes!

The internet has a way of sniping you with spoilers.

Not just games, but your favorite TV series also.

I prefer to wait until the whole season is available for viewing, then I binge watch.

Ive been spoiled on a bunch of my favorite shows right in the headlines! The Vikings is probably the worst. People cant control themselves.

Welp, choombas, here's the day - I am 2 hours and 30 minutes away from the fully blown release as I'm writing this, and I'm going off the grid.

It's been fun hanging around here and other places, discussing the world of cyberpunk in general, speculating all we could about the upcoming game and having all sorts of off-topic talks and banters this whole time. I've been waiting for this particular game for 8 years, and definitely more for something that is cyberpunk and open-world like that. Being 23 now, I can tell that those 8 years have been an impactful chunk of my life, and that is definitely going to be something crazy to think about during the very first boot, oh boy.

Avoiding the unofficial info has been extremely difficult with this game. I want to see all of it myself, I want surprises - both good and bad - to be a first-hand experience, and that wouldn't be as pristine if I stayed and celebrated with everyone. Instead, I'll be joining the pitch-black crowd that decided to go blind the first time they play it. I will do my best to stay away from anywhere where Cyberpunk 2077 is discussed or shown as much as I can for my first playthrough.

But I will be back again when it is done for the first time. Hopefully the constant negativity and disappointment will have died out by that time. Truly a dark spot on every community that discusses this game, honestly.

Bye for now, choombas! Hope you enjoy it and have all the possible fun with. Let's make sure that the first time we play it pays a tribute to everything we had along the way, and to everything and everyone we've lost, or to those who simply haven't gotten to experience the game. It has been one hell of a journey in modern gaming industry with so many studios stamping a reskin that plays itself every year or microtransaction machine or Todd Howard promising us over 200 endings for Fallout 3 ("...and that is NOT an exaggeration!").

Wake up, samurais... We're arriving to a city to burn!

The other day I came to the realization that I had virtually no desire to watch some of my favorite Twitch streamers play Cyberpunk 2077, at least within the first couple of weeks of the game's release. It has nothing to do with spoilers, but rather wanting my experience with the game to be as close to 100% mine as I can make it.

I think there are a lot of reasons why I feel that way, chief among them is not wanting to listen to someone blast the game when they don't understand what Cyberpunk as a sub-genre of science fiction is. It's been annoying to see the feedback resemble this as news of a game feature would trickle through. There are going to be plenty of people who can't handle the more mature elements of the game, and I plan to avoid discourse with them whenever possible.

But, I was curious, what are some of the thoughts of the good people here? What will you be doing?
I not watching any spoilers but I would be watching some game play, there could be some undiscovered mechanics that I overlooked

Top Bottom