Win NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 GPU with Cyberpunk 2077 backplate!

+
Is there any other way to participate than using twitter? Really would not like to make account just for this contest.
Knowing that you have to reply on the original tweets, I would say : No
But for the chance to win one of these "beast", maybe worth to create an account (even if you delete it afterward).

Don't they announce how long each contest accepts submissions anymore or am I missing something?

They did - it's in the OP. Read the rules and regulations document.
Post automatically merged:

Speaking of rules and regulations, how do y'all feel about CDPR's choice for the 2nd prize? It's a great photo but it was taken using nvidia Ansel, not the game's photomode. Theoretically that could technically disqualify it (see rule 4.2) :oops:

I have absolutely no experience of Ansel so have no idea if it even makes a difference?

Hopefully the user isn't getting abuse over this because they obviously didn't know and it's the responsibility of whoever's running the competition to check this stuff.

Last edited:
Speaking of rules and regulations, how do y'all feel about CDPR's choice for the 2nd prize? It's a great photo but it was taken using nvidia Ansel, not the game's photomode. Theoretically that could technically disqualify it (see rule 4.2) :oops:

I have absolutely no experience of Ansel so have no idea if it even makes a difference?
For me there is no doubt, that the second winner was choosen with the violation of the rules. That being said I believe that CDPR should not withdraw this choice, but they should address it, because they did fucked up and they shouid at least apologize for failing to fullfil their obligation of rules enforcement.
Hopefully the user isn't getting abuse over this
Absolutely this.
because they obviously didn't know and it's the responsibility of whoever's running the competition to check this stuff.
I... can't agree with that. It is the responsibility of the contestant to read the rules and regulations and to follow them to the letter. Ignorance of the rules is no excuse, similarly how ignorance of the law doesn't mean one can commit crime without punishment. The 2nd winner did violated the rules and it's completely on them and they do deserve a critique for their behaviour. But, it is ultimately organizer's responsibility to validate submissions for compliance with the rules.

They did - it's in the OP. Read the rules and regulations document.

Hopefully the user isn't getting abuse over this because they obviously didn't know and it's the responsibility of whoever's running the competition to check this stuff.
Is this about the photo with the green hair? Anyway, Nvidia Ansel offers more filters than the game photo mode, including sharpness and etc. I don't know the background story and how it even became clear that Ansel was used, but if it is really this case it is definitely a violation of the contest rules.

Last edited:
Is this about the photo with the green hair?
No, that was the first prize winner. It's about the second one
Anyway, Nvidia Ansel offers more filters than the game photo mode, including sharpness and etc. I don't know the background story and how it even became clear that Ansel was used, but if it is really this case it is definitely a violation of the contest rules.
The winner themselves admitted of taking the photo with Nvidia Ansel

I... can't agree with that. It is the responsibility of the contestant to read the rules and regulations and to follow them to the letter. Ignorance of the rules is no excuse, similarly how ignorance of the law doesn't mean one can commit crime without punishment. The 2nd winner did violated the rules and it's completely on them and they do deserve a critique for their behaviour. But, it is ultimately organizer's responsibility to validate submissions for compliance with the rules.

Which part of what I said are you disagreeing with? I never said it wasn't the contestant's responsibility to read the rules properly...

I said it's the organiser's responsibility to check these things (same as what you've said at the end there) - it's not as if that's mutually exclusive with whatever the contestant's responsibility is, so not sure why you thought I implied otherwise. We're in agreement there.

Having said that, I think the "crime and punishment" analogy is maybe a bit dramatic - it's a photo competition... I think it would be hilariously extreme to suggest the contestant is "misbehaving" for failing to complete a contest correctly and that they should be punished, beyond simply not awarding them the prize. It's a waste of energy ganging up on them when it's CDPR's fault for awarding them in the first place. CDPR are the ones who should be held to account here.

Think about it this way: I've never had a teacher tell me how "naughty" I am for getting a shit score on a test because I didn't understand the questions. I would deserve the shit score. I would deserve constructive criticism. I wouldn't deserve getting shit from everyone if the teacher gave me a top grade by mistake; that would be their fault.

For me there is no doubt, that the second winner was choosen with the violation of the rules. That being said I believe that CDPR should not withdraw this choice, but they should address it, because they did fucked up and they shouid at least apologize for failing to fullfil their obligation of rules enforcement.

I have to agree. Maybe they should also give out another card to someone else who met the criteria.

One of the weird things about all of this, though, is the fact that mods are allowed - which presumably includes graphical mods... which makes you wonder if excluding Ansel/Photoshop/etc. is a bit redundant anyway...

Last edited:
Wait, so we have to find the location of this NPC and take a screenshot and reply it as a tweet? I thought we have to use the 3 photos and complete the cp2077.ly link by adding the missing part of the URL.

Looking at the last winning tweet. It seems like it's just "Send a Photomode capture and we'll pick one"

Last edited:
Wait, so we have to find the location of this NPC and take a screenshot and reply it as a tweet? I thought we have to use the 3 photos and complete the cp2077.ly link by adding the missing part of the URL.

Looking at the last winning tweet. It seems like it's just "Send a Photomode capture and we'll pick one"

Well, last contest deadline ended over a day ago :p They're picking the third winner now.

The reason we were all stumped early on is because the first tweet had the wrong photo attached, haha :p They fixed that with an updated tweet.

Anyway, they're actually really easy to solve! Still fun though. Don't look below if you want to figure it out yourself:
The first one had the word GR3EN on the netrunner chair in the photo - which lead to: cp2077.ly/GR3EN
The second one had binary code in the background along the red band; plonk that in a binary code translater and you get COURIER - cp2077.ly/COURIER
The third contained morse code = ...- ....- ..- .-.. -
Plonk that into a morse code translater and you get V4ULT - cp2077.ly/V4ULT
I had to record the last one and slow it down lol.

Each cp2077.ly link tells you what kind of photo to take :)

as it seems Nibbles is not really in the arms but moved with a photo mode mod:
I have to try that kind of mod! When I tried it, even with Photo Mode Unlocker 1.6 XL mod, Nibbles is always attached to the ground, so you can only move it on the horizontal axis and can't go near the main character!
Also, why is it that children disappear when you enter photo mode? xD

Is anyone else utterly stumped on this? Is this meant to be a riddle we're supposed to solve? I've found the location, can see the netrunner, annnnnd, I got nothing. Someone on the Twitter thread used Kiroshi's (I'm guessing they cheated?) and scanned them and found some interesting info but nothing that actually leads anywhere...

Or am I completely overthinking this? Do they just want a photomode pic of the location and that's it?

P.s. I'm not familiar with Polish law but I'm guessing customs charges for prizes sent to locations outside the EU isn't covered? :giveup:

Same here I wish I wasn't going through existential crisis and have a chance to win a GPU from like one of my favorite games ever.

Attachments

• 20211210_115844.jpg
    20211210_115844.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 102
Top Bottom