WINDOWS 10 LTSB NOT SUPPORTED. version 1607 NOT SUPPORTED (Game crashes on launch) !!! FIX UPDATED !!!

+
1. You can't simply switch to English if have installed a LTSB with a different language, you can only change the display language.
2. any version released after November 2018 doesn't have the file deletion bug. so yeah that one is safe
1. Understood.
2. Alright, then I'm gonna try to use this one. Thank you! I did the backups. Let's pray that it works and Windows keeps its promises :D

1. Understood.
2. Alright, then I'm gonna try to use this one. Thank you! I did the backups. Let's pray that it works and Windows keeps its promises :D
Well, I just updated my LTSB to LTSC yesterday, it worked out well, no files lost, no settings reset, no bugs, no glitches it works out smoothly like a charm, but unfortunately the same can't be said about the game.

Hi

No, problem still exists on 20H2 - run game, play for let's say 5 - 10 mins - flatlined -> run again, play 15 mins -> flatlined -> reboot PC -> play 6h no issues.
Memest passes no issues.
Interesting - i have similar issues in AC Valhalla but not any other game.

Just want to confirm there's more than one CTD / flatline going on here. I'm also on 20H2 (build 19042.685) and the CTD started with 1.05. All my saves well under 5MB, but loading any save (manual, auto or continue) results in CTD / flatline. Unlike some reports, it crashes instantly (I cannot walk around for 10 steps or 10 minutes). I've performed every conceivable workaround in these forums including;

* verifying files (steam)
* uninstall/reinstall game
* uninstall/reinstall GPU drivers via DDU
* updating any driver or bios that will let me
* deleting caches
* testing memory(WMDT, Prime95)
* stress testing machine (3DMark)
* turning off overlays
* turning off cloud saves
* launching from desktop instead of steam
* updating VC++ redists
* changing game graphics settings (from optimal to performance)

You name it, I've done it... and nothing works. Glad that updating Windows or verifying file has worked for some and hopefully indicates the issue isn't terribly complicated and possibly compatibility issues with OS/subsystems, but this is absolutely something the devs should have at the top of their priority list now that the save file corruption is fixed (unless this is just another variant of corrupted saves).

CPU: Intel i9 9980XE
GPU: EVGA 2080 RTX Ti
MOBO: EVGA x299 FTW-K
RAM: G-Skill 64GB
SSD: Intel Optane 905p
Game: 1.06 (Steam)
GPU Driver: 460.89

Notes:
* No overclocks
* no mods installed
* all saves <5MB
* Game ran flawlessly until 1.05 patch
* Game crashed during boss battle in "Belly of the Beast", after 1.05 applied, and hasn't run since (not once from any save or continue).

Flatline/CTD:
Version=1
EventType=REDEngineErrorReport
EventTime=0
ReportIdentifier=ffffffff-ffffffff-00000001-00000000
Sig[0].Name=StackHash
Sig[0].Value=0x0000000000000000
Sig[1].Name=ErrorReason
Sig[1].Value=Unhandled exception
Sig[2].Name=InternalVersion
Sig[2].Value=3.0.3235023 P4CL: 4177747 Stream: //R6.Root/R6.Patch0Hotfix2
DynamicSig[1].Name=OS Version
DynamicSig[1].Value=10.0.19042.2.0.0.256.1

... (the bottom of the stack _usually_ contains: )
LoadedModule[150]=NvTelemetryBridge64.dll
LoadedModule[151]=WINSTA.dll
LoadedModule[152]=Windows.UI.dll
LoadedModule[153]=WindowManagementAPI.dll
LoadedModule[154]=nvrtum64.dll
LoadedModule[155]=nvptxJitCompiler64.dll
AppName=Cyberpunk2077.exe

Last edited:
Just want to confirm there's more than one CTD / flatline going on here. I'm also on 20H2 (build 19042.685) and the CTD started with 1.05. All my saves well under 5MB, but loading any save (manual or auto) results in CTD / flatline. Unlike some reports, it crashes instantly (I cannot walk around for 10 steps or 10 minutes). I've performed every conceivable workaround in these forums including;

* verifying files (steam)
* uninstall/reinstall game
* uninstall/reinstall GPU drivers via DDU
* updating any driver or bios that will let me
* deleting caches
* testing memory(WMDT, Prime95)
* stress testing machine (3DMark)
* turning off overlays
* turning off cloud saves
* launching from desktop instead of steam
* updating VC++ redists
* changing game graphics settings (from optimal to performance)

You name it, I've done it... and nothing works. Glad that updating Windows or verifying file has worked for some and hopefully indicates the issue isn't terribly complicated and possibly compatibility issues with OS/subsystems, but this is absolutely something the devs should have at the top of their priority list now that the save file corruption is fixed (unless this is just another variant of corrupted saves).

CPU: Intel i9 9980XE
GPU: EVGA 2080 RTX Ti
MOBO: EVGA x299 FTW-K
RAM: G-Skill 64GB
SSD: Intel Optane 905p

No overclocks, no mods installed.
DO NOT CREATE A SAVE FILE ON 1.05, it's not that 8.0 MB is the limit of the save file but instead it's that your save file has a high chance of being corrupted if it is over 8MB, that means your save file could very well be corrupted below 8MB too.

Try to update your game to 1.06, and see whether or not the game would actually load you save file, if it still crashes then the only option would be a re-start.

DO NOT CREATE A SAVE FILE ON 1.05, it's not that 8.0 MB is the limit of the save file but instead it's that your save file has a high chance of being corrupted if it is over 8MB, that means your save file could very well be corrupted below 8MB too.

Try to update your game to 1.06, and see whether or not the game would actually load you save file, if it still crashes then the only option would be a re-start.

ugh, well then, that's news to me... all of my saves are well under 5MB, so I thought I had dodged that disaster. I'm on 1.06 now, but steam was set to auto-update and I was playing the game the day the 1.05 patch came out, which is why the game was working fine one minute and not at all the next. Is there a way I can verify this, like with a text or hex editor? hex value to look for, eof, etc?

Last edited:
ugh, well then, that's news to me... all of my saves are well under 5MB, so I thought I had dodged that disaster. I'm on 1.06 now, but steam was set to auto-update and I was playing the game the day the 1.05 patch came out, which is why the game was working fine one minute and not at all the next. Is there a way I can verify this, like with a text or hex editor? hex value to look for, eof, etc?
unfortunately, I don't think you can actually verify whether the game save file is corrupted or not, well the game should tell you if your save file is corrupted cause if it is, the game wouldn't actually load the file, but instead giving you an error message.

Also make sure you load your save file by pressing the "continue" button, the "load" button at the menu screen does not work currently, the game would crash if you load your file from there.

unfortunately, I don't think you can actually verify whether the game save file is corrupted or not, well the game should tell you if your save file is corrupted cause if it is, the game wouldn't actually load the file, but instead giving you an error message.

Also make sure you load your save file by pressing the "continue" button, the "load" button at the menu screen does not work currently, the game would crash if you load your file from there.

Hrm... well I haven't yet seen any messages saying my save files are corrupted... it just flatlines/CTD after the loading screen as it's about to render the scene from player perspective. It otherwise appears to load the save. That said I get the same crash whether I load from manual, auto or 'continue'. These factors led me to believe my save files are probably OK, and that instead there is some other corruption (cache, textures) or OS/Driver incompatibility introduced in 1.05... who knows; maybe by turning the AVX compatibility off it broke it for some systems which support it... mundo bizarro.

Top Bottom