Windows 7 issues and solutions

+
I have the Steam Version of the Witcher EE w/the Directors Cut content.I'm running Windows 7 (64bit) and a Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty sound card.Other games have sound, but the Witcher has no sound and under the sound settings in game the sound is disabled and all the settings are locked.Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?Full System Specs:C2D E8400 @ 4GHZASUS P5K-Deluxe8GB RAMGTX285Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro2x80GB X25M G2 Raid 0Windows 7 x64/LE:I got it to work by installing the Creative Alchemy and setting that up. Only the Vista version exist but it works in Windows 7.[MOD]Use the MODIFY button[/MOD]

kjhngisd said:
kjhngisd said:
Can anyone help ive loaded witcher enhanced on Windows 7 and the bloody thing keeps asking for admin rights. What i have tried is:
  • I am the administrator on the computer... doesnt work
  • Run compatibility for windows vista XP, and tried running it all as administraor... doesnt work
  • I have even tried disabling UAC like in vista but it only allows you to make it not notify you of problems
  • created another admin account... Doesnt damn well work!!!
what to do? This fraggin OS is driving me nuts please somebody give me a solution im running Win 7 Ultimate and I did a full install of the witcher
see my post right above yours. I had the same issue. windows7 RC is not always compatible with the security protection used in the Witcher.
and you should see my post: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=21633.msg5347215#msg5347215

I recently updated my PC to Win 7 RC 7100 Build and of course I had to reinstall most of my games and programs as a result I was getting some problems with sound - this is with the Enhanced Edition - the sound would work fine but I would have no access to EAX at all and then after a while the sound would cut off altogether.I haven't played since and reinstalled the game today and installed the 1.5 patch hoping that this will fix the sound - no joy - still no EAX and the sound cuts off after a few minutes of play.I have Win 7 RC 7100 build4 gigs of RAMX-Fi Fatality Platinum Pro soundcardIntell Core 2 4400 @ 2.00 GHzGeForce 6500 GT 512mbany ideas as to how I can get my sound back?

I used ALchemy to get the sound working but it crackles a lot and then crashes the game after about and hour of useI don't get an error.txt documentI have included a pcwizard file

Danlo said:
I used ALchemy to get the sound working but it crackles a lot and then crashes the game after about and hour of use
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 (apply the Vista and ALchemy tips)

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
I used ALchemy to get the sound working but it crackles a lot and then crashes the game after about and hour of use
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 (apply the Vista and ALchemy tips)
not using VISTA using WIN 7 - but I will try and see if that works -

I thought this was a sound problem but that's been fixed - now the game crashes between 30 mins and 1 hour of play - no error message but I do get an errlog.txt messageI have attached PCwizard txt file and the errlog.txt

Danlo said:
not using VISTA using WIN 7 - but I will try and see if that works -
the tips apply, make witcher.exe to run as Admin, in WinXP compat mode without Aero and effects, also check that 640x480 box there
Danlo said:
I thought this was a sound problem but that's been fixed - now the game crashes between 30 mins and 1 hour of play - no error message but I do get an errlog.txt message
ok, first get an antivirus, say NOD32 trial, update it and scan your system, as you already have this http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/Threat/Encyclopedia/Entry.aspx?Name=TrojanDownloader%3AWin32%2FBagle.CH.dll&ThreatID=-2147402964 so i can't vouch that The Witcher is at fault when your system has trojans and such

I have actually increased the Alchemy buffers to about 10 - the game has stopped crashing now

Hi ...I am about to order a new PC, which i am buying for gaming (mainley).Anyway i have read & seen about the witcher...it looks awesome,but i was wondering if it will work with windows 7as this is the OS i will probably use.Any info on this matter would be much appreciatedThankyouOh..this is my first post..so helo to all:)

Hi, I'm currently playing The Witcher patch version 1.5 and I'm having constant crashes. Time to time the game window suddenly closes and a message thewitcher.exe has stopped working just appears.I used to play this game nicely with no crashes in the pervious version (1.4) on Windows XP. Is there any fixes fir this problem ?? Thanks.

clanfear said:
Hi ...I am about to order a new PC, which i am buying for gaming (mainley).Anyway i have read & seen about the witcher...it looks awesome,but i was wondering if it will work with windows 7as this is the OS i will probably use.Any info on this matter would be much appreciated
it works for many :beer:just remember to update to 1.5 and uninstall TAGES
clanfear said:
Hi, I'm currently playing The Witcher patch version 1.5 and I'm having constant crashes. Time to time the game window suddenly closes and a message thewitcher.exe has stopped working just appears.I used to play this game nicely with no crashes in the pervious version (1.4) on Windows XP. Is there any fixes fir this problem ?? Thanks.
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )do attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folder

??? I think it is full. oO ....... Tried everything I could, removed that tages thing, re-installed the game, decreased the overclock, no good. Still crashes at random. I played most of the game bearing the crashes, but it's quite a pain. Have no clues anymore............. Such a pity cause this game is awesome, the best rpg I played in the last few years :( It's a waste, such a good game with such annoying problem, specially now since Windows 7 have been awesome for most games I have played lately. Even the problematic GTA4 worked great on Windows 7........ :(

Grindtooth said:
??? I think it is full. oO ....... Tried everything I could, removed that tages thing, re-installed the game, decreased the overclock, no good. Still crashes at random. I played most of the game bearing the crashes, but it's quite a pain. Have no clues anymore............. Such a pity cause this game is awesome, the best rpg I played in the last few years :( It's a waste, such a good game with such annoying problem, specially now since Windows 7 have been awesome for most games I have played lately. Even the problematic GTA4 worked great on Windows 7........ :(
no it's not full report, it's just the Video section, follow those instructions and attach a full report :beer:attch the errlog, after patch 1.5, after removing TAGES, and when running the game with witcher.exe in compat mode: WinXPSP2, no decorations, no aero, 640x480

I've taken the plunge with Windows 7. Unfortunately I can't play or patch the game as it seems that the security system is not compatible to Windows 7 and won't let me get passed the registration point.Has anyone manage to Install the game on the op system? How did you do it?Masrock/LE:Ok, I've got it now.For future reference:1) load the game from the disc2)go to the game folder and register the license3)Download the 1.4 patch, the Enhance edition language pack and the 1.5 patch.4)Place the above files in a single folder.5) Right click the patch files to get properties then go to compatibility mode - I used XP second edition.6) Also ensure the administrator box is checked.7)Run the patch files under the compatibility mode/ administrator mode. - as warned the 1.4 update takes a while and shows up as not responding in the task manager.8 ) Wait till you get the 1.4 patch completion notice.9) run the 1.5 patch wih the removed anti piracy fix.10) the game should run fine.Hope that helpsMasrock[mod]use the MODIFY button[/mod]

My brother and I just installed The Witcher: Enhanced Edition on our computer which we just installed Windows 7 onto. Whenever he plays it (which is a lot more often than I do) and his program always crashes. Will there be a fix for Windows 7 at all? Or is there a way to get the crashing to end or at least happen less frequently? Thanks if anybody can help on this, despite how new Windows 7 is

seanhallus said:
My brother and I just installed The Witcher: Enhanced Edition on our computer which we just installed Windows 7 onto. Whenever he plays it (which is a lot more often than I do) and his program always crashes. Will there be a fix for Windows 7 at all? Or is there a way to get the crashing to end or at least happen less frequently? Thanks if anybody can help on this, despite how new Windows 7 is
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed do attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folderis the game updated to patch 1.5 and you removed TAGES? read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 on how to do that

As the title says I get a black screen after the intro movie after installing patch 1.5. The game dosen't crash just a black screen and the mouse icon. I have to close the game through task manager. The game will run fine on the 1.4 patch. But once I install 1.5 it refuses to load. I have the latest nvidia drivers. Clean install on Windows 7. I removed the drm drivers. Tried alot of tips on the forum and nothing seems to help.

Top Bottom