Windows 7 issues and solutions

+
Aight so when I play the game it usually goes into black screen in about 10mins to 2 hours randomly. When this happens I can hear the ambient noises but screen goes black then to power saver can't ctrl alt del and waited up to ten minutes to see if it would come out of it but end up having to have to reset my computer manually. My game usually does this about 75 percent of the time in the tavern the other times I'm fighting or such. Now I reinstalled the game it didn't fix it. Its not a hardware issue my other games don't mess up, my hardware is not overheating I checked in evga precision,all I can gather from forums is that the issue is a Hotfix problem but there isn't one for windows seven. So... Is there a hot fix for windows 7. I am not playing this game until I get it and don't plan to buy witcher 2 if this game doesn't work. I am royally pissed off This is literally Age of Conan all over again and I quit that game not because of poor gameplay but because 50 percent of the time it didn't work.P.S. I can't instal the Vista version. Oh and keep nerdy snide comments to self.

I Figured it out even Nhancer works.I don't know how all I know is I set compalibility to Xp and Admin on the launcher in source file and the shortcut looking thing, also for Nhancer I use 4-way AFR instead of alternating frame rendering and checking the off prince of persia and clicking on half life two and... Finally I use a Xpadder for my controller so when the game starts I take out my blue tooth for my mouse and keyboard which seems to conflict with the the program which I figured because having both the controller and blue tooth keyboard used to screw up my game when I played FEAR. Its a fun game playing it at maximum settings.Kinda bogs down In the swamp/LE: Thats a gay answer I'm reporting you to the moderator[MOD]Use the MODIFY button[/MOD]

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
Nope, that didn't seem to help. It crashed exiting the tavern in Act IV.
can you give me a savegame tha does this? you can send it ( use 7zip to archive it like instructed here):-via PM, link to the place where you upload it-via email, see my profile for the addressalso do specify what you do to get it crashingalso, backup it somewhere on your drives, and run the IFO fix on it ( again ) then retry
I don't believe it had anything to do with my particular save game, as I create a new save every time. Well, unless it's an auto or quick save. Don't ask me why, I just got into the habit of it with this game for some reason. I beat the game (again), so I'm going to take a break from it for awhile before I play the adventure add-ons. Thanks for the assistance, I'll report back if I have any problems in the future.

i purchased the witcher, and the enhanced version on disc and installed it successfully using windows 7. now, when i attempt to play the game it says i must have administrative privileges when i run the application for the first time. my user profile is the administrator, and i lowered all computer security settings to allow this application to run. i get the same message every time. any suggestions? thanks for the help

Hry friends,I already had The Witcher EE 1.5 installed on my system. But then I encountered a strange bug and thought I better give it areinstall of the game. Now I cannot even install the game at all!!! It says it were a 16 bit app and I would need a 64 bit version.What can I do? Please help.Sorry this Screeny is only in german, but it tells, what I already said.

I don't konw German so i don't know if in this topic is the answer for your question:http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=26718.0alternatively you could try in this topic:http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=21633.0

MisterChristie said:
i purchased the witcher, and the enhanced version on disc and installed it successfully using windows 7. now, when i attempt to play the game it says i must have administrative privileges when i run the application for the first time. my user profile is the administrator, and i lowered all computer security settings to allow this application to run. i get the same message every time. any suggestions? thanks for the help
Even on XP sometimes, you will need to right-click on the .exe application file of the game and select the option Run as Administrator.That should do the trick. Also, some Windows 7 (advanced or something) has these options turned off so report back if it works. :peace:

MisterChristie said:
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 update to patch 1.5, remove TAGES, play :beer:

Hi guys,I've got Acer Aspire 5738Z laptop (T4200 2 GHz Dual-Core; 4 GB RAM; Intel GMA 4500M). I started out with Windows Vista and the Witcher worked rather smoothly. A few weeks later I upgraded the system to Windows 7. When I turned the computer on after finishing the upgrade, a message box popped out, saying that my Tages drivers are not compatible with the new system. I ignored it at first (frankly - I had no idea waht Tages is), but then when I tried to launch the game, I got an error message saying that my computer doesn't meet the technical requirements...which is quite clearly NOT the case, since I played the game on this computer already!I'd be eternally grateful for help! I got as far as the Old Wyzima and I'm dying to see what comes next. Thanks in advance!

Tages = copy protection.Suspect you have 64-bit Win7, so need to DL/install 64-bit Tages Drivershttp://www.tagesprotection.com/main.htm

Hi,When I try to install the enhanced edition with the patch (I bought the 1.0 version in Canada back in 2008), I get these errors during the initial part of the patch installation:CRC error: The file C:\Program Files (x86) The Witcher\Data\Movies\film_lacznik.dik doesn't match the file in the setup's.cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor.CRC error: The file C:\Program Files (x86) The Witcher\Data\Movies\patch14.exe doesn't match the file in the setup's.cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor.Later on, during the game files modification that should take up to 2 hours, it stops after 5 minutes with this message:Failed to extract file from archive: difff_000033.difI downloaded the patch file from the official website and I placed it in the same folder as the English language pack. I also tried downloading the patch from another website in case that the file really was corrupted but I get the same error. I did install the correct drivers from Tages and the game does run in the 1.0 version so it should not be related to this. I also tried to install the patch 1.1 and 1.2 before the 1.4 but it did not change anything.My computer has a core i7 920 with 4gig of ram 1600MHz, a nvidia GTX 275 video card and I am running windows 7x64.Anyone has an idea of how I could install this patch correctly?Thanks.

kubaszamal said:
I've got Acer Aspire 5738Z laptop (T4200 2 GHz Dual-Core; 4 GB RAM; Intel GMA 4500M). I started out with Windows Vista and the Witcher worked rather smoothly. A few weeks later I upgraded the system to Windows 7. When I turned the computer on after finishing the upgrade, a message box popped out, saying that my Tages drivers are not compatible with the new system. I ignored it at first (frankly - I had no idea waht Tages is), but then when I tried to launch the game, I got an error message saying that my computer doesn't meet the technical requirements...which is quite clearly NOT the case, since I played the game on this computer already!
you know that your video card is not supported, right?anyway, read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 update your game, remove TAGES, play
kubaszamal said:
Failed to extract file from archive: difff_000033.dif
after the patch download do check the files first, read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0do you have at least 4gb of free space on the drive where the game is installed and on the C:\ drive?did you install the game and the patch as Administrator: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=21633.msg5355241#msg5355241 ?

PC Specs:GFX Card: nVidia GeForce 8600GS (Not great, I know, but that doesn't account for why the game was running fine beforehand)Processor: Intel Q6600 2.4GhzRAM: 3 GBOperating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bitGame Version: Patch 1.5Essentially, the game was running at a framerate of around 30-40 FPS on default settings up until the fight on he bridge at The Outskirts of Vizima (After the crypt quest). I died the first time and loaded my saved game and suddenly started getting a framerate of about 2-5 FPS. I restarted my PC, checked my drivers etc etc but the framerate stayed at exactly the same level. I then tried loading previous saves where the framerate had been normal and found that the framerate was low there as well. I then tried turning the video settings and resolution to minimum and still had exactly the same framerate. Tbh, this is incredibly frustrating as it's made the game totally unplayable for me at this point :S Any solutions would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.EditI forgot to say, I'm running in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP2

I'm using Windows 7 x64 Professional.I've played the game through a half dozen times on various installations of Windows XP, Vista, W7 Beta, W7 RC1, and now Windows 7 official.The problem? For some reason, after installing the game, updating it with the patches, and the Director's Cut, I'm now getting a flashing "Check for Updates" whenever I start the Launcher.When clicking on that, the page loads showing that I DO have the latest version installed.Is there anyway to turn off the flashing prompt?Thanks!

Sometimes this "thing" happens but no need to worry :D Only solution is to reinstal game because once it is, other time it disappear For example when I first time instal patch, that icon wasn't flashing but now when I reinstal game it started...

Try here http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=21633.0And welcome in our community :DOne advice.. please try to search common topics next time, believe me many things had been answered here and new topics aren't necessary :peace:

Sorry I don't know much about windows but I was trying to run this in windows virtual xp mode but I need to upgrade window 7 to professional and that is going to cost me 80$. I got the game as a gift two years ago and have never been able to run it since I never had a fast enough computer. Now I have one that is fast enough but it is in windows 7. Please can someone help?

Top Bottom