Windows 7 issues and solutions

+
Hi all, Just bought the Enhanced Edition and really was looking forward to playing this game tonight. Checked various sites and all said it was win 7 compatible so I bought it. When I first tried to click and run it I got that win 7 pop up that said first time running need to run as an admin. So I right clicked and selected "run as admin" and got the exact same message. Ugh - any ideas please? I also did connect and patch to 1.5. Thanks a ton!Pam

I have installed the witcher EE version and 1.5 patch in windows7.but when I click witcher.exe ,nothing happens,the game just won't start.yes,I have read the faq several times ,tried every tips several times, but none helps.so i download the pcwizard and got a info file here.help me please,thanks a lot.sorry for my bad english.

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
i've disinstalled TAGES with the installer downloaded from the site.After that the file are not in the sistem.I try to delete this manually?i've tryed also with not compatibility mode, same result.
if they are still there yesreattach the new errlog.txt too
before unistall tages i try to found the files indicated in the FAQ: atksgt.sys and lirsgt.sys but the files are not present in my system (i tryed to find in all my drives and all directory), but the TAGESsetup get from the tages site say that are installed and run in system :hmmm:Anyway I removed the driver with the setup (I hope). Game launched without compatibility mode.Attach new file

lordstoner said:
Hi to everyone,I have my original copy of the witcher(normal edition) and after the installation when i want to launch the game, i have a message error about sages driver, i need to install them but i cant because i dont have the administrator privilege.Of course im the only user of my pc and im administrator. I have windows 7 OS.Somebody can help me?Thanks and sorry for my bad english!
register your game, read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 on how to update your game to patch 1.5 and remove TAGES as instructed
lordstoner said:
Hi all, Just bought the Enhanced Edition and really was looking forward to playing this game tonight. Checked various sites and all said it was win 7 compatible so I bought it. When I first tried to click and run it I got that win 7 pop up that said first time running need to run as an admin. So I right clicked and selected "run as admin" and got the exact same message. Ugh - any ideas please? I also did connect and patch to 1.5. Thanks a ton!Pam
you've installed the game as Admin? you've installed patch 1.5 as Admin? you've removed TAGES, read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 ?
lordstoner said:
I have installed the witcher EE version and 1.5 patch in windows7.but when I click witcher.exe ,nothing happens,the game just won't start.yes,I have read the faq several times ,tried every tips several times, but none helps.so i download the pcwizard and got a info file here.
read: Getting tech help on the forum again and attach that FULL PCWizard report as instructeddo attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folder
lordstoner said:
before unistall tages i try to found the files indicated in the FAQ: atksgt.sys and lirsgt.sys but the files are not present in my system (i tryed to find in all my drives and all directory), but the TAGESsetup get from the tages site say that are installed and run in system :hmmm:Anyway I removed the driver with the setup (I hope). Game launched without compatibility mode.
i still see the TAGES code loanding :wall:did you install the game as Admin? did you install patch 1.5 as Admin too ?you could try a reinstall:*uninstall game ( keep savegames )*delete game folder*delete remaining registry keys regarding CDProjekt RED*run the TAGES setup to uninstall if installed*install the game as Admin (don't run the game after )*install patch 1.5 as Admin (don't run the game after )*delete tagesonline.exe from The Witcher/System folder*run the game as a normal user ( not as Admin )

LicaonKter said:
i still see the TAGES code loanding :wall:did you install the game as Admin? did you install patch 1.5 as Admin too ?you could try a reinstall:*uninstall game ( keep savegames )*delete game folder*delete remaining registry keys regarding CDProjekt RED*run the TAGES setup to uninstall if installed*install the game as Admin (don't run the game after )*install patch 1.5 as Admin (don't run the game after )*delete tagesonline.exe from The Witcher/System folder*run the game as a normal user ( not as Admin )
I follow the procedure, but i dont' find the file tagesonline.exe in The Witcher/System folder.I delete tagesclient.exe and tagesclient.dat.Same result and error

sanyigz said:
Hi!I've played with witcher EE 1.4 on win vista x64 sp1-sp2, without problems. But since i use win7 x64 i cant play with witcher 1.4 nor patched to 1.5.The game just not starts, nor the launcher. If i click on these executables the witcher process appear in the task manager for a second, then disappears, without any error messages. The win7 was reinstalled one time after ther first try (hdd fail), but witcher still not works.
I've attached pcwizard summary. I couldn't attach errorlog from game, cuz it isn't created it.

If you get the latest game patch I believe it makes Tages no longer necessary. I believe tages is just the DRM security on the disk and the new patch cancels that out. Don't know if that helps?

You will need to install the Tages drivers first, then install the game. You can uninstall Tages, after you install The Witcher and patch it to 1.5, by just running the installer again.http://www.tagesprotection.com/main.htm?page=minimum.htmClick the Tages 5.5 link and make sure to choose the correct version for your OS, 32 bit or 64 bit.I had the same problem and this resolved it. I have the first release of The Witcher (Import) and it was out before there was a Windows 7.

sanyigz said:
I've attached pcwizard summary. I couldn't attach errorlog from game, cuz it isn't created it.
get the latest DirectX too: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=04ac064b-00d1-474e-b7b1-442d8712d553#tmget the latest ATI drivers 9.12: http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=xp/radeonx-xp and 9.12 hotfix: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/ATICatalyst912Hotfix.aspxdid you remove TAGES already ?
sanyigz said:
I follow the procedure, but i dont' find the file tagesonline.exe in The Witcher/System folder.I delete tagesclient.exe and tagesclient.dat.Same result and error
:wall: still TAGES errors, it's beyond me :(

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
get the latest DirectX too: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=04ac064b-00d1-474e-b7b1-442d8712d553#tmget the latest ATI drivers 9.12: http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=xp/radeonx-xp and 9.12 hotfix: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/ATICatalyst912Hotfix.aspxdid you remove TAGES already ?
i have the latest directx, i have 9.11 catalyst but i don't think the 9.12 can help, since witcher was worked on vista before, with older drivers.And how can i remove the tages, if the win7 forbidden to install it?PS: i've installed the 9.12 and it still not works... and i think it's not a driver problem, but the problem of chaotic dll dependencies of witcher...

I had bought witcher enhanced edition. my computer couldnt run it for various reasons so i bought a brand new kick ars laptop, problem is... its windows 7. i cannot get the game to run. does anyone know what i have to do to get this game playing?

Sadly, as far as I have seen, there is no way to get the witcher to run in Win 7. I even tried installing it to a virtual XP machine, and no go.I read on the Microsoft boards that there is a conflict with the copy protection on the DVD and windows 7.IF anyone can get it to run, PLEASE share the secret, I am dying for one more run through before The Witcher 2 comes out!

Ouch! Good to know, I was considering trying Seven...I can confirm that 3d programs like games don't work in a virtual machine, tried that out myself.If the copy protection is the culprit, there might be a solution - the one I can't say, of course. You need to figure that out yourself (but give a hint if it works or not).Is this issue concerning The Witcher specifically, or are a lot of other games that affected by the same problem?Edit: I see there are others who play Witcher on Win 7, so why do you say it isn't possible at all, Hellspawn?

cynnymin said:
I had bought witcher enhanced edition. my computer couldnt run it for various reasons so i bought a brand new kick ars laptop, problem is... its windows 7. i cannot get the game to run. does anyone know what i have to do to get this game playing?
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )do attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folderread the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 update ta patch 1.5, remove TAGES, retry
cynnymin said:
Sadly, as far as I have seen, there is no way to get the witcher to run in Win 7. I even tried installing it to a virtual XP machine, and no go.
it works fine here on W7VIrtual XP Machine does not have Hardware Acceleration it will never work ( maybe it will work in VirtualBox or something )read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )do attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folderread the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 update ta patch 1.5, remove TAGES, retry
cynnymin said:
If the copy protection is the culprit, there might be a solution - the one I can't say, of course. You need to figure that out yourself (but give a hint if it works or not).
why can't you tell them to install patch 1.5? patch 1.5 removes the need for TAGES the copy protection :wall:
cynnymin said:
i have the latest directx, i have 9.11 catalyst but i don't think the 9.12 can help, since witcher was worked on vista before, with older drivers.And how can i remove the tages, if the win7 forbidden to install it?
newer driver versions contain fixes for games, like the HD5xxx series that had serious issues with Witcher, but for other series too, it's a good idea to always keep them up to date, like you use W7 and not XP anymore, right ? ;)read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 on TAGES removal and infodo attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folder if one ever got created, try the Vista fixes in the FAQ too so that maybe an error log is created
cynnymin said:
Hello everyone. I want to ask for help with "The witcher". I have Windows vista 36x edition and my game is the standard edition. When i first installed the game i gould play it with no problem at all. Then i made a format on my pc and now that im trying to install it again and play it it won't even load. i patcet the game but nothing. Windows say that will search for a solution and find nothing. Can anyone help me please?
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )do attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folder

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
i have the latest directx, i have 9.11 catalyst but i don't think the 9.12 can help, since witcher was worked on vista before, with older drivers.And how can i remove the tages, if the win7 forbidden to install it?
newer driver versions contain fixes for games, like the HD5xxx series that had serious issues with Witcher, but for other series too, it's a good idea to always keep them up to date, like you use W7 and not XP anymore, right ? ;)read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 on TAGES removal and infodo attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folder if one ever got created, try the Vista fixes in the FAQ too so that maybe an error log is created
I've installed correctly the tages, then i uninstalled it, the installer said everything ok, everything removed, and as i said i've installed 9.12 too(BTW i don't think it's contain big fixes for my old hd3850).And as i said before, the ERRLOG isn't created, because witcher exits 0,5 sec after i clicked on icon. Ofc the vista/7 faq don't helps, and ofc every game working exept witcher.

sanyigz said:
And as i said before, the ERRLOG isn't created, because witcher exits 0,5 sec after i clicked on icon.
even running witcher.exe as Admin in Compat mode XP SP2 ith 640x480 mode checked ?

Hello, fellow Witcher fans.I've been experiancing an issue trying to play Witcher on my Win7 (64-bit). I am the administrater of my computer, yet everytime I try to launch the game, it says that I do not have Admin rights to launch the program for the first time. Even if I select "Run as Administrater", the same thing happens. I have installed it but it won't run. I've been trying to run the game in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP2 on Windows 7, but the desktop shortcut does not have a compatibility mode option. So, I go to Start, All Programs, and find "The Witcher: Enchanted Edition" as an entire folder rather than a single file type. I couldn't figure out which of the gazillion files in the dierectory to run in compatibility mode. It probably doesn't matter anyway. I've been trying to install the patches 1.4 and then 1.5. Apperantly, according to the website, I have 1.4.(some other numbers) and I've tryed installing 1.5, because I have seen many people claim success at this update to use in Vista or 7. The problem with this patch is that it seems to load very very... VEEEERY slowly. I had to leave my computer running at night just so it would finnish. About 1/10 in the instalation process, I get an error message claiming that the time to install the patch timed out. Witcher is my favorite game ^__^ But I'm a little irritated with not being abe to play it on my new machine. Does anyone have the same problems or a solution to this problem? Any replies will be very much appriciated.Thanks,SinValefor

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
And as i said before, the ERRLOG isn't created, because witcher exits 0,5 sec after i clicked on icon.
even running witcher.exe as Admin in Compat mode XP SP2 ith 640x480 mode checked ?
yes, it don't start with these options.

Top Bottom