Windows 7 issues and solutions

+
Hello.The Witcher is a great game, but I keep on having this issue.I will get a black map after a while playing the game, and then when I try to save the game crashes. I put the Witcher in compatibility mode with XP sp2, I set it to have admin rights, I made sure I have the latest directx 9, I don't know what else to do.I have attached the error log file. Please help....

lettuceman44 said:
Hello.The Witcher is a great game, but I keep on having this issue.I will get a black map after a while playing the game, and then when I try to save the game crashes. I put the Witcher in compatibility mode with XP sp2, I set it to have admin rights, I made sure I have the latest directx 9, I don't know what else to do.
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructeddid you disable Autosave already ?
lettuceman44 said:
yes, it don't start with these options.
and no ERRLOG is created either ?
lettuceman44 said:
So, I go to Start, All Programs, and find "The Witcher: Enchanted Edition" as an entire folder rather than a single file type. I couldn't figure out which of the gazillion files in the dierectory to run in compatibility mode. It probably doesn't matter anyway. I've been trying to install the patches 1.4 and then 1.5. Apperantly, according to the website, I have 1.4.(some other numbers) and I've tryed installing 1.5, because I have seen many people claim success at this update to use in Vista or 7.
the file that needs compatibility mode is \The Witcher Enhanced Edition\System\witcher.exe, it's not in the Programs menuso, you downloaded the patch 1.5 file first, you check it's integrity, then you run it, right ?

Ok, my previous topic is missing so I'm gonna post here even though its not Vista, but Windows 7.I'm having the black map crashing issue when loading a save game. I don't understand why. I did everything I could find. I turned off autosave, I put Witcher into compatibility mode with xp sp2, gave it admin rights, got the latest dx9 version, game is updated cause its from steam. I just don't know what else to do now. My errlog is attached.

sanyigz said:
As i said two times before, NO
until one is created i'm pretty much uselesscan you try to start the DJinni edtor too, see if it works or if it spits an error log or something@lettuceman44: see my PM

I am running WINDOW 7 and I try to start as ADMINSTRATOR but it tells me I do not have ADMINSTRATOR PRIVILIGES how do I fix or can it be. I been all over the UCA screen but with no help...Thanks :Larry S

I have the same problem with Windows 7 64 bit. I have installed Witcher enhanced and it installed fine. When I try to launch I get the message 'insufficient privileges you must be administraator when you run this application for the first time" Now I am the administrator and I've checked all settings in windows and they all show me as administrator and I don't look on as anyone else since no one but me uses this computer. So far, this game is the only one that has given me this problem.

It`s a problem with TAGES copy-protection drivers in Vista/7. The 1.5 update removes the protection.

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
As i said two times before, NO
until one is created i'm pretty much uselesscan you try to start the DJinni edtor too, see if it works or if it spits an error log or something@lettuceman44: see my PM
Djinni stucks at the third "Initializing game engine" line(but at least it's doing something), and still don't create errorlog. And btw the launcher exe have the same behavior as the witcher exe.

i have djinni running in win 7, and i've done absolutely nothing special ... granted, i haven't done much with it yet, but i can load modules and inspect them and look at game assets with no problem :peace:

lettuceman44 said:
Ok, my previous topic is missing so I'm gonna post here even though its not Vista, but Windows 7.I'm having the black map crashing issue when loading a save game. I don't understand why. I did everything I could find. I turned off autosave, I put Witcher into compatibility mode with xp sp2, gave it admin rights, got the latest dx9 version, game is updated cause its from steam. I just don't know what else to do now. My errlog is attached.
Ok, error log without admin or compatibility mode attached.

larrys said:
I am running WINDOW 7 and I try to start as ADMINSTRATOR but it tells me I do not have ADMINSTRATOR PRIVILIGES how do I fix or can it be. I been all over the UCA screen but with no help...Thanks :Larry S
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 update to patch 1.5 and remove TAGES
larrys said:
Ok, error log without admin or compatibility mode attached.
disable and quit Xfire and also disable the Steam game overlay thinghie ?

hi!does anybody knows how to play the witcher under Win7 ? are some updates or patches available?..Sprry, if such kind of topic exits already. Just give a link,please :beer:

just read the thread mentioned above-nothing interesting-just discussing the comming-soon Win 7 ;)this discussion is not up-to date unfortunately and has no any solutions at all....

In majority patch 1.5 enable playing on Win7. But for some reasons it doesn't work in every case. In that thread you can find some other solutions.

Top Bottom