Windows 7 issues and solutions

+
Krullnar said:
D3DOverrider is still running
Code:
Module 4 - C:\Program Files (x86)\RivaTuner v2.24\Tools\D3DOverrider\D3DOverriderHooks.dllImage Base 0x10000000, Image Size: 0x00009000Checksum: 0x00000000, Time Stamp: 0x499AF37DFile Size: 32768   File Time: 2/25/2009 13:55:00
you run the game as Admin, with compatibility mode Windows XP SP2 and 64x480 selected ? is so, can you try without these fixes?

Sorry, I disabled it but didn't fully close D3DOverrider. I also changed the compatibility settings, tried to run it again and no change. It has to be the EE patch, it corrupts my game install somehow. The Witcher 1.0 runs like a dream.

Krullnar said:
Sorry, I disabled it but didn't fully close D3DOverrider. I also changed the compatibility settings, tried to run it again and no change. It has to be the EE patch, it corrupts my game install somehow. The Witcher 1.0 runs like a dream.
attach the new errlog when D3DOverrider is not running

Krullnar said:
atttached
can you try with this binkw32.dll file: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FKAX1IR9 ? ( backup the old one, put this in witcher/system )also recheck those Compatibility settings back for witcher.exe

No change. Thanks again for your time with this, Licaon_Kter. I'm starting to think there may not be anything we can do.

Ok well Iv been scavenging the forums for about a week now and Iv had enough. I need help! Got the witcher EE a week or so ago and it was running fine at first but when I play in chapter 1 i cant play longer than 30-45 minutes without a crash when I save the game. It also deletes the game save too. Not cool when you're far.Iv currently got patch 1.5 and directors cut.Iv disabled autosave (as in the FAQ, EPIC LIE)Increased address page all the way to 4 gigs.Also I have to set the lighting to low (blurriness, have tried the fix for it, anitropic filtering 4x and 16 in nvidia control panel.Im using windows 7. I thought this would be the problem but Unreal 3, serious sam 2, quake wars, command and conquer 3 work just fine. Have never had a game crash except for the witcher.Iv also tried other video drivers for my gtx 260. Was using 190 now using the 180 driver series. Nope doesnt work.4gigs of ram, 500 gigs of space free, quad core processor. Loving the game but hope it works soon.Attached is the error log. Please help me ;D

Krullnar said:
No change. Thanks again for your time with this, Licaon_Kter. I'm starting to think there may not be anything we can do.
well, the RTM of W7 is out, maybe they fixed it for you in the mean time
Krullnar said:
Ok well Iv been scavenging the forums for about a week now and Iv had enough. I need help! Got the witcher EE a week or so ago and it was running fine at first but when I play in chapter 1 i cant play longer than 30-45 minutes without a crash when I save the game. It also deletes the game save too. Not cool when you're far.Iv currently got patch 1.5 and directors cut.Iv disabled autosave (as in the FAQ, EPIC LIE)Increased address page all the way to 4 gigs.Also I have to set the lighting to low (blurriness, have tried the fix for it, anitropic filtering 4x and 16 in nvidia control panel.
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )also remove TAGES please, as the FAQ says

I have exactly the same problem as Name_Not_Taken!. The game runs fine for maybe 15 or 30 minutes and then cuts out. One thing I have noticed is that if you turn the graphic settings down to low then the game usually lasts a few minutes longer before crashing. This leads me to believe that possibly the game is exhausting virtual address space when running on Windows 7, like it does with Vista.I'm running Windows 7 RC built 7100. My system is fine, I have a quad core q6600, 4gb ram and a 9600gt.Attached is a copy of the error log.http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HHLFAHYA

ortid said:
I have exactly the same problem as Name_Not_Taken!. The game runs fine for maybe 15 or 30 minutes and then cuts out. One thing I have noticed is that if you turn the graphic settings down to low then the game usually lasts a few minutes longer before crashing. This leads me to believe that possibly the game is exhausting virtual address space when running on Windows 7, like it does with Vista.I'm running Windows 7 RC built 7100. My system is fine, I have a quad core q6600, 4gb ram and a 9600gt.
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )read the FAQ and remove TAGES from your system, also apply the Vista tips mentioned there ( winXp compat mode, Admi, 640x480 ): http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0

che0po said:
here u are !
*get the latest DirectX runtime: http://downloads.guru3d.com/DirectX-End-User-Runtimes-(March-2009)-download-1943.html*get the latest nVidia river for you: 32bit or 64bit*read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 and remove TAGES

I am as ununderstood as that ? WOW man , why u mouved this topic whitout my allow ? ALL messages i wrotes before the last one I was on VISTA , i ve just migred to win 7 this day , istalling game , AND GOTTING SAME problem , it s not a question of vista or XP or 7 , it s a WITCHER probleme , and as u ca see up , i fixed all crashes ALONE ! the only probleme i have now is about LANGUAGE , I wana french , but i have just french voice but eng sub and texts , And I dont have how to switch to french as u can see in pictures , THAT S WHY im begging u either to link me a patch fr OR the text file in fr ! , FINALY , im not a nub in informatic , i told u that all my pc is update and i have NO probleme whith ANY OTHER GAME , and MY GAME RIG cost 2500 euro , the best we can find in the market . so , PLZ , help me , my probleme is ot too hard , and I know that witcher was devloped in XP , so i exuce him 4 crashes ( cause when a game is devloped in an os , even whith patch , crash will always exist ) and felicitate CD RED for this good game .[MOD]No moving colored text pls[/MOD]

Is there any support for the witcher where windows 7 RC is concerned? I have installed the game(i think), but when I try to launch it, it keeps telling me to put the DVD in.... I tried all disks.... I am not even sure if it finished installing... (had to change to the bonus disk once... but no more disk changes despite the game coming with five or so disks... I also didn't get a prompt for a validation code...) I am pretty confused... I am new to windows 7 and even newer to the witcher. any help? And don't tell me to search for the answer either.... I did all day today and a good part of the night... After this I think I'll retire the game. (I buy games to play them... not fix them... lol) I only have one possible solution left to try.... (that copyright thingy!) lol...... will be back if it doesn't work.... if it does... well then ill be busy playing... and I will talk to you all later. thanks alot for any help./LE:so.... the sages thing did not work..... this is really really annoying... gonna look around a bit more today and maybe make my own seperate post since this one does not seem to get much attention[MOD]Use the MODIFY button[/MOD]

Not sure if this is a windows 7 RC problem, a Hardware issue, or a The witcher situation, but here goes. Has anyone had any problems like this?I place the first disk in the drive and begin installation. (never asks me for any cd key).. It finishes the first disk and asks for the bonus disk. After installing for several minutes it all stops. no confirmation messeges for successful installation. It just vanishes. So I put the first dvd back in the drive. The option to play the game is now available so i asume it installed completely (?). When I click on the play game button.... an error pops up telling me to insert the original The Witcher game disk. OK that is the problem here are the specs. OS - Windows 7 RCVideo - Geforce onboard 6800 Sound - Sound Blaster 7.1 Audigy 2 goldDrive - DVD R/RWGame - purchased legally from gamestop. Original disks not copies.I do not know anything about windows 7.... went straight from xp to W7... never tried vista..... but i have tried right clicking on the program exe and putting it in xp sp2 compatability mode and selected run a admin. still no luck... I also updated my sages..... no luck.... I have also never played the game so have no idea if it is something wrong with the disk or not... but i let a friend borrow it and he said it worked just fine for him on vista. PS this is the EE version of the game... and yes i read the FAQ.... I am in the US... any ideas?[MOD]Use the MODIFY button[/MOD]

I have the final retail version of Windows 7 (specifically, Windows 7 Ultimate) installed because I got it as part of my MSDN subscription. I can confirm that the Tages driver is still not working properly in the final retail release. Upon every reboot, the driver attempts to load and Windows 7 stops it with a messages saying "Windows 7 has stopped the driver "Tages" due to known compatibility problems."

silverdragonrs said:
I have installed the game(i think), but when I try to launch it, it keeps telling me to put the DVD in.... I tried all disks.... I am not even sure if it finished installing... (had to change to the bonus disk once... but no more disk changes despite the game coming with five or so disks... I also didn't get a prompt for a validation code...)
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 update your game to 1.5, remove TAGES and then install the Directors Cut Patch
silverdragonrs said:
I have the final retail version of Windows 7 (specifically, Windows 7 Ultimate) installed because I got it as part of my MSDN subscription. I can confirm that the Tages driver is still not working properly in the final retail release. Upon every reboot, the driver attempts to load and Windows 7 stops it with a messages saying "Windows 7 has stopped the driver "Tages" due to known compatibility problems."
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 update your game to 1.5 and then remove TAGES

Top Bottom