Windows 7 issues and solutions

+
nichog said:
I have done all that has been mentioned here for the EE edition with Windows 7, I am still getting that freeeken original DVD message, I have been able to create a valid ISO of the disk, and can read anything on it so I do not believe it is the DVD, any other hints? UAC is turned off, Driver checking is turned off, I get no messages about admin rights and I was able to at least start the version I bought via StarDock IMpulse, the no eaxa and blur fix made it impossible to play.
can you try with another drive? can you update the drive firmware?

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
I have done all that has been mentioned here for the EE edition with Windows 7, I am still getting that freeeken original DVD message, I have been able to create a valid ISO of the disk, and can read anything on it so I do not believe it is the DVD, any other hints? UAC is turned off, Driver checking is turned off, I get no messages about admin rights and I was able to at least start the version I bought via StarDock IMpulse, the no eaxa and blur fix made it impossible to play.
can you try with another drive? can you update the drive firmware?
Man, what a big pain this hardware has been. After 20 mins of searching Asus download website, I found 2 firmware updates for this DVD. Installed them and cleaned my disk, what a relief the game is now working. Make sure you CHECK the manufactures website closely for firmware updates, this drive is 7 months old if that, and there were 2 of em up there. Thanks to everyone who helped, the process works if all is done, not assumbed to be done.Glenn

I installed Windows 7 on my machine and everything runs perfectly instead of TWEE. Playing the game the graphiks freezing and music is reapeating.Has anyone the same problems?

manuelhipp said:
I installed Windows 7 on my machine and everything runs perfectly instead of TWEE. Playing the game the graphiks freezing and music is reapeating.Has anyone the same problems?
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )do attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folder ( if the game crashed )read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 and apply the Vista tips

I have Windows 7 RC and cant registrate the Game online or patch it. I dont use Internet Explorer and wont install it to solve this.With Patch 1.5 is this Problem fixed?Why this stupid registration?I want to install a game with my CD-Key... Patch it and play it... not more. Not such a bullshit like this.

nanamo said:
I have Windows 7 RC and cant registrate the Game online or patch it. I dont use Internet Explorer and wont install it to solve this.
Windows 7 is not supported even by it's makers yet, so no wonder things don't work as expectedjust 'cause you uninstalled IE from that panel it does not mean it's fully uninstalled ( as many components depend on it's functionality, afaik only the executable is actually deleted, the rest is still on ), but it might block your registration, and since this is a requirement you will need to install it( i could complain too that Windows is needed, as i want to run it in Linux, but that won't change anything, right ? :evil: )what error do you get anyway?read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 ( and see the registration tips )

I tried Windows7 64bit RC recently, but it it was so bugged, it didn't even start up (guess it doesn't like my intel board). Also, after SP2 and a little bit of tuning (setting everything to classic, disabling swap an unneccessary services like defender and indexing, disabling anoying features like UAC), Vista runs quite smooth and stable, so I'm going to keep it 'til it's end of life. It also has better driver support than XP 64.For those of you who want to try it:Beware that the Win7 installation messes up the MBR of harddisks that were not selected for installation. It is recommended to install Win7 RC on a separate harddisk and disconnect ALL other harddisks before installing. Also, Win7 fails to setup the MBR and boot sectors of the harddisk on which it was installed in some cases, rendering it unable to boot.

Well. VERY Glad I saw this thread. A friend was going to upgrade me to 7 from the shiny, pretty, and OH SO HATED TURTLE OS also known as Vista Ultimate (which put Witcher lag on my nice formerly powerful XP rig). I think I'll wait a bit. Not booting? Not running The Witcher? Not good. :whatthe:

CONFIRMED! I was getting this error with a clean installation of Windows 7. Downloading the newest TAGS drivers from the website mentioned above fixed the issue. Thanks Witcher community!

So I have Windows 7 RC, and everyone else who has the same OS and The Witcher have had no problem. But mine keeps crashing to desktop about once an hour with a "This program has failed" error >.> Also when I first installed the game my OS blocked the TAGES drives, as they are fatal to W7. So I had to update them at the TAGES site....that why I crash every hour?I have a custom built rig that can handle Crysis on Ultra settings, so it should rape this game.Intel Pentium E6300 Wolfdale OC@ 3.1 Ghz with liquid cooling, no stability problems. Also this processor was just released in 09s second quarter, so its not under min reqs I hope >.>250 Gig SATA Hitachi Deskstar4 Gigs DDR2 Corsair RAM at 800mhzNvidia GTX 275 with 896 MB of Video Cache, 8th best video card on the market to date.Windows 7, Release Candidate Version 7100Page File: Currently 4094, available 130659 (Don't tell me it needs all that >.>)And my drivers are up to date, so what the hell?I'm playing the Enhanced Edition, upgraded from the original. I'm Canadian so my CD came scratched up and torn up >.> And I had no CD-key >.> Is that possible the problem?Also I'm on the 64 bit version of the OS...ummm....all updated, all patched....I hope Mobidy is still around >.< He got it working on my old crappy laptop a few years back >.

Electro057 said:
Intel Pentium E6300 Wolfdale OC@ 3.1 Ghz with liquid cooling, no stability problems. Also this processor was just released in 09s second quarter, so its not under min reqs I hope >.>250 Gig SATA Hitachi Deskstar4 Gigs DDR2 Corsair RAM at 800mhzNvidia GTX 275 with 896 MB of Video Cache, 8th best video card on the market to date.Windows 7, Release Candidate Version 7100Page File: Currently 4094, available 130659 (Don't tell me it needs all that >.>)
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )do attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folder ( if the game crashed )

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
Intel Pentium E6300 Wolfdale OC@ 3.1 Ghz with liquid cooling, no stability problems. Also this processor was just released in 09s second quarter, so its not under min reqs I hope >.>250 Gig SATA Hitachi Deskstar4 Gigs DDR2 Corsair RAM at 800mhzNvidia GTX 275 with 896 MB of Video Cache, 8th best video card on the market to date.Windows 7, Release Candidate Version 7100Page File: Currently 4094, available 130659 (Don't tell me it needs all that >.>)
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )do attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folder ( if the game crashed )
There is no error file.

Electro057 said:
There is no error file.
do run witcher.exe as Admin with Compatibility Mode -> Windows XP SP2 and check that 640x480 box too, so that maybe an errlog is generatedPCWizard is not yet Windows7 aware so the report fails on some areas, anyway:*get the latest nVidia driver for you: http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_64bit_186.18_whql.html*get the latest DirectX for you: http://downloads.guru3d.com/DirectX-End-User-Runtimes-(March-2009)-download-1943.html

i have just installed witcher enhanced edition and i am the one that installed the windows but i say i need administrator right but i am the only account on my pc and only administrator how do i fix this

Top Bottom