Windows 7 issues and solutions

+
I'm fairly sure I've done something wrong. I THOUGHT I downloaded the Witcher off of my disks correctly. I got a warning about the driver not being compatible, or some such thing. When I try to run the game, I am told I must be an administrator (which I am). I tried downloading the patches, since I saw that fix mentioned, but nothing happens, and when I search for the files I downloaded and select "run" I get an unintelligible error message. I can't find a "Witcher" designated folder anywhere at all.My laptop has i5-430M processor (2.26 GH), 6144MB DDR3 SDRAM, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 graphics (512MB DDR3 graphics memory), I think.What's going on? I just want to play my game.

spirkv8 said:
I'm fairly sure I've done something wrong. I THOUGHT I downloaded the Witcher off of my disks correctly. I got a warning about the driver not being compatible, or some such thing. When I try to run the game, I am told I must be an administrator (which I am). I tried downloading the patches, since I saw that fix mentioned, but nothing happens, and when I search for the files I downloaded and select "run" I get an unintelligible error message. I can't find a "Witcher" designated folder anywhere at all.My laptop has i5-430M processor (2.26 GH), 6144MB DDR3 SDRAM, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 graphics (512MB DDR3 graphics memory), I think.What's going on? I just want to play my game.
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 update to patch 1.5 first, remove TAGES as explained, then retrytages is what`s not compatible with 7

c3

Forum regular
I was trying my hardest to avoid asking for help (I'm stubborn like that) but already wasted half my day off on this and would rather waste the other half actually playing the game :pSo I bought the enahnced edition, installed it and ran it long enough to see the opening video (which made me look forward to playing the game) then decided I would go ahead and patch up (was hoping there would be an automated patching system in the main game instead of just a link to the patch page.) So I get an error when I try to install 1.5 patch and figure i must not have 1.4 so i go download that and it runs (which is funny because if im understanding correctly now I already had 1.4) and i try 1.5 again to get the same error. Decide to try a fresh install but that didnt work either. Im running windows 7 and the error I am getting is...>SetupNew\setup.cpp (135)PAPP:pVENDOR:pGUID:$@Windows Vista Service Pack (7600) Non IE/Netscape 32370.89tl:drwindows 7error above on install of 1.5 patch to my enhanced edition dvd install

C3 said:
I was trying my hardest to avoid asking for help (I'm stubborn like that) but already wasted half my day off on this and would rather waste the other half actually playing the game :pSo I bought the enahnced edition, installed it and ran it long enough to see the opening video (which made me look forward to playing the game) then decided I would go ahead and patch up (was hoping there would be an automated patching system in the main game instead of just a link to the patch page.) So I get an error when I try to install 1.5 patch and figure i must not have 1.4 so i go download that and it runs (which is funny because if im understanding correctly now I already had 1.4) and i try 1.5 again to get the same error. Decide to try a fresh install but that didnt work either. Im running windows 7 and the error I am getting is...>SetupNew\setup.cpp (135)PAPP:pVENDOR:pGUID:$@Windows Vista Service Pack (7600) Non IE/Netscape 32370.89tl:drwindows 7error above on install of 1.5 patch to my enhanced edition dvd install
Try the 1.5 patch from here

c3

Forum regular
Appears to have worked! Though u linked me to the nudity patch instead of the 1.5 XDAnyways appreciate it! Time to go slay some monsters or w/e i do in this game :p

C3 said:
Appears to have worked! Though u linked me to the nudity patch instead of the 1.5 XDAnyways appreciate it! Time to go slay some monsters or w/e i do in this game :p
Yeah the 1.5 patch is no. 5

Hate to throw another problem on the bon fire, but this has got me really stumped. Playing some save files from an older computer, after a couple of minutes of gameplay the screen will go black just for a second, then the game will continue normally. This'll happen a couple of times before a blackscreen kills it and the game crashes. The game runs fine, though i've played with both max settings and the lowest, no change. RAM- 6GProcessor- Intel i5 (2.6G duo core)Video- Geforce 9800 GTX +OS- Windows 7 64bitEnhanced Edition bought from SteamI've tried updating both the card and directx and that didn't do anything. Any ideas?

Yorkie77 said:
Hate to throw another problem on the bon fire, but this has got me really stumped. Playing some save files from an older computer, after a couple of minutes of gameplay the screen will go black just for a second, then the game will continue normally. This'll happen a couple of times before a blackscreen kills it and the game crashes. The game runs fine, though i've played with both max settings and the lowest, no change. RAM- 6GProcessor- Intel i5 (2.6G duo core)Video- Geforce 9800 GTX +OS- Windows 7 64bitEnhanced Edition bought from SteamI've tried updating both the card and directx and that didn't do anything. Any ideas?
read: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Getting_tech_help_on_the_forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructeddo attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folder ( if the game crashed )Also if you haven`t cleaned your computer in a while dust could also be an issueIf you haven`t updated the vc redistributables they can be found here you will need both X86 and X64 versions

Ok, sorry for not having my stuff togetherTried updating the vc redistributables and I'd say there's been a slight improvement. I can actually play the game for a good 5-10 minutes before the black screens start kicking in.Hopefully i've included both the pc wizard report and the error log in this one post...

@ yorkie77 did your card come overclocked as my experience with the witcher is it doesn`t take kindly to Ocing you could try backing down to stock clocks to see if it makes a differenceI run a GTS250 which is a rebranded 9800 GTX and my clocks are as followscore clock-738shader-1835memory clock-1100

Hello all,I have a problem with TW:EE 1.5 on Windows 7 Pro. The Game installed fine but it won't run. It doesnt come up with any error messages except the error detecting feature of Win 7. I attach the error log file as well as PCWizard's report. Any ideas and preferably solutions?Thanks in advance!

Yorkie77 said:
can you disable and quit: any McAfee programs and Portrait Displays Pivot Software and retry?reattach the new errorlog
Yorkie77 said:
I have a problem with TW:EE 1.5 on Windows 7 Pro. The Game installed fine but it won't run. It doesnt come up with any error messages except the error detecting feature of Win 7.
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 and remove TAGES, retry

DrizztDoUrden said:
I am playing on Windows 7 Pro x64 plus TW is patched to 1.5.... i followed the FAQ and the problem still occurs
Which error detection feature are you referring to hardware detection or what ?

DrizztDoUrden said:
Windows 7 tries to detect the cause of something going wrong...and its the one I am referring to
read: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Getting_tech_help_on_the_forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructeddo attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folder ( if the game crashed )OOps my mistake i saw where you attached it in your earlier post. Sorry

Bought the Witcher:EE today on Steam. I've tried to launch it, but got 'did not met requirements' error. Found the solution on the steampowered forums (typed -dontForceMinReqs into 'Launch params' of the game's properties). Instead it showed me another error:
what i've tried to solve this:1. run game in XP-compat mode, 640x480, w/o Aero, etc.2. try to run the editor (same result)3. turn off the Steam in-game overlay4. turn off the antiviral software, firewalls, disc emulation tools5. check the files' integrity, switch the game's language (russian -> english -> russian)after all this, i just have no clue what to do.Specs: C2D E7200 @2.53; 2GB RAM; GF8600GT 256MB; Win7x64 OSDrivers: nVidia - release 256; DirectX - June '10A/V software & firewall: KIS 2011UAC is off.Edit: RESOLVED. Solution: completely reinstall nVidia drivers.

I after buying The Witcher and installing it, I continued to get the error that I must be an adminastrator to play the game, which I am. I downloaded the 1.5 patch, and I know I need to uninstall Tages, but there was no choice to uninstall it and I can't find it under my programs and my game still doesn't work. I'm sorry if I'm missing something that has already been posted, but I just really want to play this game. Thanks

Top Bottom