Winter Board question

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed that there's a Winter Board in the store, on sale for 1200 dust.
My question is does getting this board give you anything?
I've noticed that it does have a Wild Hunt Snowman on it, will it give you a daily reward like the old one (which no longer has it) used to do?
Also, is it in any way different from the old board apart from the snowman being present?

Mi_V

Forum regular
I've noticed that it does have a Wild Hunt Snowman on it, will it give you a daily reward like the old one (which no longer has it) used to do?
Also, is it in any way different from the old board apart from the snowman being present?
There is No Wild Hunt Snowman on the board. The advertising picture is not true.

No.

The snowman is in the shop picture because the board was added for last year's Holiday event, which included smashing the snowmen to get gifts. They've not been present (pun intended) since the event ended in January, but the board is like any other board.

It gives you something to spend your dust on. Otherwise dust is pretty much useless for anything. Maybe CDPR realises this because the Christmas reward book throws dust at you daily and since I don't really have anything to buy with dust, I've completed that reward book.

I bought the tavern board with dust ages ago. It would be good to be able to buy cardbacks with it or something like that. I'm not paying cash for things like that, which is what CDPR is demanding.

It gives you something to spend your dust on. Otherwise dust is pretty much useless for anything. Maybe CDPR realises this because the Christmas reward book throws dust at you daily and since I don't really have anything to buy with dust, I've completed that reward book.

I bought the tavern board with dust ages ago. It would be good to be able to buy cardbacks with it or something like that. I'm not paying cash for things like that, which is what CDPR is demanding.
Meteorite Powder is far from useless, and it's generally the most difficult resource to acquire. Meteorite Powder can be used to purchase cosmetics, so that can apply to premium/animated cards, leader skins, game boards, card backs, avatars, borders, and titles. I've only been playing 8 months, but I've already seen multiple versions of each of these things available in the shop for Meteorite Powder; in fact, they even have the first coin available for purchase in the new event Reward Tree, priced at 1,200 Meteorite Powder.

Meteorite Powder is far from useless, and it's generally the most difficult resource to acquire. Meteorite Powder can be used to purchase cosmetics, so that can apply to premium/animated cards, leader skins, game boards, card backs, avatars, borders, and titles. I've only been playing 8 months, but I've already seen multiple versions of each of these things available in the shop for Meteorite Powder; in fact, they even have the first coin available for purchase in the new event Reward Tree, priced at 1,200 Meteorite Powder.

Like I said, I used the powder to get the tavern board. Currently the shop only has uses for the powder which don't interest me, like borders and avatars. If the shop let you get things like cardbacks, skins and boards I'd be happy.

I'll have to check the new reward tree as what you say doesn't ring a bell to me. I'd actually use powder to get a coin with a deeper shade of blue than the ones I got in the Alzur premium journey, the only money that I've spent on this game. It's in the new Witcher tree? > Just checked. I don't see anything. Usually the shop or whatever makes you pay real money to buy things that you used to be able to acquire on reward trees. Ideally, you could use powder to get them when those seasons expire and you can't get items through progressing.

With using powder for premium card effects, I don't know if this is new or not, but I'm finding a lot of cards now also require that you use shards to make them premium, as well as the powder. Can't say that I'm happy doing that, as I've still got cards to create which I don't have yet, so I don't want to waste shards on making my current cards premium. When I played MTG on console, paying to make cards premium wasn't an attractive option either. I'm levelled up enough now to get at least one card in any keg I buy with gold to be premium. It takes a while to have that good bonus though.

Last edited:
Like I said, I used the powder to get the tavern board. Currently the shop only has uses for the powder which don't interest me, like borders and avatars. If the shop let you get things like cardbacks, skins and boards I'd be happy.

I'll have to check the new reward tree as what you say doesn't ring a bell to me. I'd actually use powder to get a coin with a deeper shade of blue than the ones I got in the Alzur premium journey, the only money that I've spent on this game. It's in the new Witcher tree? > Just checked. I don't see anything. Usually the shop or whatever makes you pay real money to buy things that you used to be able to acquire on reward trees. Ideally, you could use powder to get them when those seasons expire and you can't get items through progressing.
Like I said, it's not just avatars and borders in the shop that you can buy with Meteorite Powder. I remember there being two boards (Tavern and Winter), numerous card backs (Thronebreaker, the two Winters, and all the Seasonals), and at least the Gascon leader skin. As for the new coin, it's found at the center of the event Reward Tree (top tab), and it costs 1,200 Meteorite Powder to obtain.

With using powder for premium card effects, I don't know if this is new or not, but I'm finding a lot of cards now also require that you use shards to make them premium, as well as the powder. Can't say that I'm happy doing that, as I've still got cards to create which I don't have yet, so I don't want to waste shards on making my current cards premium. When I played MTG on console, paying to make cards premium wasn't an attractive option either. I'm levelled up enough now to get at least one card in any keg I buy with gold to be premium. It takes a while to have that good bonus though.
progressing.
Well, in addition to crafting Premiums via a combination of Scraps and Meteorite Powder, you can also transmute/animate cards you already own to transform them into Premiums using only Meteorite Powder. The option should be next to the create button at the bottom of the screen in the deck builder. The only cards you can't transmute are the ones that came with the starter decks.

...As for the new coin, it's found at the center of the event Reward Tree (top tab), and it costs 1,200 Meteorite Powder to obtain.

Yeah, I mentioned earlier that I had so little to spend dust on that I cleaned out the Christmas reward book. I don't remember how much that coin cost me. It's in the inner ring of stuff, which is usually 200 dust but since I've completed the book I don't see the cost of the items of anymore. I was hoping you meant the very first coin available to purchase in the game or something. Oh well.

Well, in addition to crafting Premiums via a combination of Scraps and Meteorite Powder, you can also transmute/animate cards you already own to transform them into Premiums using only Meteorite Powder. The option should be next to the create button at the bottom of the screen in the deck builder. The only cards you can't transmute are the ones that came with the starter decks.

I'm aware of that but you haven't noticed that for some cards even if you have a spare standard version of it, you're still forced to spend shard in order to make the premium version of it? That's my gripe. Another gripe is not being able to mill cards even though I've got two premium versions of it (I don't keep more as the game has a cap of two cards for any specific card being allowed in your deck) and I'd like the resources of milling any standard version cards which number more than one in this kind of case.

Some other annoyances with the game:

I got the Wild Hunt cardback in the current season tree, I think. It's also being sold in the shop for actual money now. That's just nasty.

I also paid for the premium Alzur journey, the only money that I've spent on this game. I thought doing so would be a good way to wind up my time playing this game. Anyway, I paid for the journey but on the section for it, CDPR was always spruiking "Fast travel" to get through the levels faster. Like I'm going to pay six dollars or whatever it was to get to now what I would get to in a few days time without spending a cent. Again, that's just nasty. Really greedy on their part. And ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom