Winter event starts today!

+

Join the celebration and take part in the special, time-limited Winter event! Collect the event currency - Pine Cones, and exchange them for holiday themed rewards, like avatar or frame, or even cardback and leader skin.

Winter event will last until January 11th.

That trailer is terrific!

Happy holidays and thanks for the event, which I will check out right now. :D

Edit: Heh, these cosmetics are brilliant. :ok:

Last edited:
Nice event. I have 35 pinecones left to unlock the tree (the new stuff). Didn't get 5 cones for today's login, though. Perhaps that's because I first logged in long before the event started.
Also, in hindsight, people who didn't spend MP on the last year's Winter Event tree were the wise ones. Then again, I have 70K+ of it stockpiled :)

Anyone else weekly quests from journey greyed out ?

2nd premium quest is greyed after I completed the first one. Tried logging out and reinstalling and I still can't progress.

Qzman

Forum regular
These are bugged. I'm guessing for people who already got the title before, now it says the node is claimed even though you haven't really unlocked it, nor do you have other rewards from the same node.

Screenshot_1.png

Also my 2 standard journey quests after the first one (which I completed) are locked out...

Last edited:
Also my 2 standard journey quests after the first one (which I completed) are locked out...
True. I can't normally complete my journey quests for winning matches and ending matches (the last one is work but random and barely).

I'll be one of the few critical voices, as I don't like holiday-themed events.

What I do like as events are:
- game cosmetic that will expire at the end of the event (e.g. party-hats during the Starcraft 2 Anniversary. I have an uncle that starts with the Christmas wishes in August. If he were to play Gwent, he would dress as Santa Geralt all year long. Not cool, dear uncle!),
- seasonal event with a coherent aesthetic to the Witcher lore (e.g. Mahakam Ale Festival in 2017),
- faction challenges, so an event that has nothing to do with the real world.

Mahakam_ale_fest.PNG

It really breaks the immersion to see Santa Gernichora or witcherever character comes next. It does remind me of Blizzard-Activision. When to expect Eredin as a school teacher, Vesemir as janitor and Triss in swimming suit?

:giveup:

Great trailer, cool event, good job folks.

That Mahakam Ale Fest looks cool (before my time), but the journeys these days are way better in terms of amount of lore & storyline, as well as insanely generous rewards.

DRK3

Forum veteran
This event will not get any praise from me. This is just another case of the usual neglect mid/ long-time players get from the Gwent team:

For someone who participated last year, and got everything from then, it took me 30 pine cones to unlock everything new (35, but 5 are free with login). So in just 2-3 hours, i got everything for an event supposed to keep us engaged for weeks, or at least days.

No, i did not rush through the content, i didnt even completed daily quests, the problem is, based on the resource of the event, 80% are to unlock the re-used stuff and only 20% for the new!

Im not asking for more content, im just asking to balance the content and requirements more carefully so the most invested players dont lose interested on the 1st day of the event.

This event will not get any praise from me. This is just another case of the usual neglect mid/ long-time players get from the Gwent team:

Yeah, I was hoping for a powder-based event like last year so I could upgrade some cards with any surplus. Though I should've known better after the last few holiday events with their own thematic currency. Anyhow, we get free stuff that's easy to obtain, so I guess I don't really have any grounds to complain... :p

Do I need to put in a ticket for the 5 pine cones I should have received for logging in? Of course, given my history with response times the event will be over before they get back to me...

Do I need to put in a ticket for the 5 pine cones I should have received for logging in? Of course, given my history with response times the event will be over before they get back to me...
Did you log in earlier, before the event started? if so, then you won't get today's log in reward

That Mahakam Ale Fest looks cool (before my time), but the journeys these days are way better in terms of amount of lore & storyline, as well as insanely generous rewards.
Those events were like puzzles. An awesome single-player challenge with different set of rules and decks.

In my opinion we should compare the current event with past events, not with journeys. Journeys are separete content. Most of the journey content lies behind a (small) paywall and does not affect the way the game is played.

Personally, I don't judge the event by the amount of rewards I can get, but based on the fun I have in playing in the event.

I wanted to contact support regarding my bug but I can't find the direct contact link for PC support anywhere. Do you guys have it? Thanks.

BTW, my quest bug seems to have worked around itself somehow, it unlocked stages 2 and 3 while still being stuck on the first one, so I did manage to finish them all.

Top Bottom