[WIP] E3DodgeSystem

+
[WIP] E3DodgeSystem

I'm working on my first mod called E3DodgeSystem which is based on the E3 2014 Demo and my personal taste. It brings back the dodge animations we have seen in first gameplays of the Witcher 3 Wild Hunt and add some new ones.

# Famous E3 dodge animations are back!
# Speed up some dodge animations
# No more roll animation
# No more slow far pirouette attack!

Sugestions are welcome.

I actually quite like the look of that! Never really liked the roll animation so this may be a welcome change! Just hope if and when you release this mod, it is going to work in my game. Seems I am having issues with animation mods not working...

Also, what lighting mod(s) are you using in that video?

This is incredible! Can I suggest to make animation speed optional? I will definetly install this mod but I want it to work with Witcher Reflex for faster attack animations. Im amazed how it actually looks like and I cant wait till you gonna release it. Amazing work and in my opinion this is gonna be one of the best mods. When are you gonna release it? I cant wait!

Olddddd;n7806250 said:
Looks great! If you are able, please add the E3 jogging animation.

I second this! No one has yet managed this (even though apparently Lambert or the other guy is using that animation?). If you pull this off, you will be a GOD!

DreaLL47 You are my hero man. I though it's impossible to bring back those animation. It looks great, one suggestion is too slow down a little bit dogde animation for me ofc. :D :huh:

Looks awesome! If it's not too much of a hassle, when you release the mod, do you think it would be possible to make a version where you still keep the roll animation, or include some sort of settings in the menu that allow us to pick exactly the animations we want to be used?

WalteriusMaximus;n7806280 said:
I second this! No one has yet managed this (even though apparently Lambert or the other guy is using that animation?). If you pull this off, you will be a GOD!

Actually if you look at the beginning of the video it seems the 2014 jogging animation has been brought back already, replacing fast walking.

Mezziaz;n7807530 said:
Actually if you look at the beginning of the video it seems the 2014 jogging animation has been brought back already, replacing fast walking.

I can see a hint of it for a split-second, maybe he is playing with a controller?

Mezziaz;n7807530 said:

You're right, we can also see it at 0:36, but before we getting excited, do you confirm that DreaLL47?

Gus, guys guys. That animation is not jogging. This was transition animation from Jogging to walking in E3. It is not designed for full speed jogging. If we will use it for Jogging it will look weird. I realy hope that jogging animation still in game because I didnt see it in game. All NPC's using just that transition animation. Not jogging itself.

amfibiya89;n7808270 said:
Gus, guys guys. That animation is not jogging. This was transition animation from Jogging to walking in E3. It is not designed for full speed jogging. If we will use it for Jogging it will look weird. I realy hope that jogging animation still in game because I didnt see it in game. All NPC's using just that transition animation. Not jogging itself.

https://youtu.be/LfCHIfS7pfw
It triggers whenever you're jogging up something angled enough but not too much so that you're forced to walk.

Also I think E3 didn't have exploration signs animations it was just the same as in combat (which is also the vanilla combat animation).

Last edited:
WalteriusMaximus;n7808930 said:
No, that's not it.

It's kind of hard to see but notice how when he's running up his hands open just like E3 unlike vanilla animation hands which are closed.

also if you didn't spot it the animation changes when Geralt switches from running up to running on flat surfaces.

Last edited:
WalteriusMaximus;n7805260 said:
Also, what lighting mod(s) are you using in that video?
For lighting I'm using STLM 3:0 and my own reshade.
terissimo;n7805580 said:
Can I suggest to make animation speed optional?
I will consider that, but to be honest I want to speed up attack animation as well.
Jurek1994;n7806610 said:
It looks great, one suggestion is too slow down a little bit dogde animation for me ofc.
Be fast. Be a Witcher.
ro0415;n7807180 said:
Looks awesome! If it's not too much of a hassle, when you release the mod, do you think it would be possible to make a version where you still keep the roll animation, or include some sort of settings in the menu that allow us to pick exactly the animations we want to be used?
Roll animation are gone for good with this mod. I hate them. Imagine what Geralt feel when you roll him on the swamps?
Olddddd;n7807670 said:
You're right, we can also see it at 0:36, but before we getting excited, do you confirm that DreaLL47?
Yup. After a long waiting for someone to figure it out I started to investigate for myself how to implement jogging animation as a transition from running to walking. AND........ it's very buggy and it require gamepad) Althrough I will keep working on it. Remember : There won't be the same E3 2014 Jogging animation because everything except "Lambert Jogging" and "running up animation" are gone for good. Shame on You CDP RED.

amfibiya89;n7808270 said:
It is not designed for full speed jogging.
Isn't there a possibility to use this animation but slow down it down so it won't look weird? I mean the whole jogging would be little bit slower.

Really good work DreaLL47 , Vanilla Geralt is kinda sluggish, this one is just great!

Dude, you're my hero. It's amazing what you did here... Just an impression, I think the dodge was a little faster? more brutal? I need to rewatch it^^ But it look very very very good.
Can't wait for the release!!

Thanks for your hard work

Just for pointing out sake:
i think the E3 stopping animation is used by some NPCs. If it isn't the animation that plays when you have swords out is really similar just with a closed hand.

examine animation is still in the game used by a guard in the beginning of blood and wine and by Geralt himself in dark souls Easter egg

I watched this video like 10 times already and the more I watch it, the more impressed im. Its incredible what you have done seriously. I cannot wait for release, I will beat the game with all expansions once again because of you. Its amazing, thank you. Its hard to believe that its your first mod. Can you give us any info of possible release date? Im sorry it may be annoying for you but Im dying waiting

:sad2:

Top Bottom