[wip] REDFlame Presents "Deception"

+
[wip] REDFlame Presents "Deception"

REDFlame Interactive announces the incoming launch of "Deception", a mod based in the town of Carreas. It will be launching officially on June 13th. We will also be launching an Arena-based mod, which is currently unnamed, in the next month.Both mods will allow hours of fun, and also allow the community to see how many aspects of the Djinni toolset function. All parts of either mod will be complete modular and in source formats, which will allow everyone to use parts for their own adventures."Deception" follows it's own storyline outside of Strands of Destiny, but gives everyone a chance to see and use many advanced features including:
  • New Area (Town of Carreas) - You will be able to see Carreas come alive with this new area.
  • New Story - A compelling story that allows 4-5 hours of game play. Follow the intrigue of Geralt as he is attempting to save his oft-troubled friend Dandelion from the jaws of justice.
  • New Artwork - The mod includes new loading screens, cutscenes, and more for your viewing pleasure.
  • New Feature (Throwing Knives) - We will be launching an early version of the throwing knives with Deception. This will allow you more strategy with ranged units, whether they are a guard calling alarm, or a large monster wanting you as a meal.
  • Complete Voice Overs - Deception is completed voiced by professional voice actors. This provides another layer of immersion when playing the mod.
  • Modular - All elements of Deception will be in their source formats. This will allow the community to dissect the module and use many aspects for their own future adventures.
The Arena-mod will utilize content already built into The Witcher, but provides many immersive games for Geralt to run through. Each will provide great rewards. Some features of the Arena-mod include:
  • Multiple Games - Geralt will be able to "Run the Gauntlet" in a timed atmosphere against a horde of monsters. There will also be a standard gladiator arena against monsters and other gladiators, tests of endurance and strength, and more.
  • Shopkeeper - Geralt will accumulate gold by winning each round, and in the manner of how quickly and colorfully he wins, he will gain a bonus from the adoring fans. This can then be taken to the shopkeeper to purchase new weapons, armor, potions, and more.
  • Solo vs Team-Based - Geralt has the option to compete in the games solo, or with a team of gladiators. Some events are very brutal alone, but if Geralt manages it, the rewards are great. However, he only has one life and there is no room for failure.
We will be posting screenshots shortly of the mod to show some of the new town and areas. More to come soon. :)

Great. I really look forward of this. Finally a real adventure, not just an introduction to a sex scene.

I want it now! ;)Great job, guys :)Can anyone from poland translate dialogues?A lot of peoples want to play a "polish" version although they know english :)Of course, not voice, only text.

We are working now on localizing Deception in French, Polish, and Russian. Hopefully all will launch at the same time, if not a week or so later. :)

The Witcher Phoenix (http://witcher.phx.pl/) is our Polish localization group. We also have three members internally whom are Polish and can help with the process.

Wonderful! I can´t wait! So is this a part of the Strands of Destiny?Btw, how about a Czech localisation? Maybe I can help?

Deception is completely separate of Strands of Destiny. That being said, the town it takes place is the same as the Prologue town of SoD. While it's a very basic version compared to what will be seen in SoD, you will get a small taste of what to expect. (By Basic, I mean that the interiors for most of Deception are from The Witcher, whereas every single aspect of SoD will be custom made including characters, weapons, etc. Also this is limited to the town, whereas the Prologue will be the entire forest/swamp surrounding the town as well.)As for Czech translation, we are now in the works to cover that as well. Will have more on that shortly.I'd also like to mention that an Arena mod is in the works. It is being designed by Boris Kourtokov, one of our designers, along with a group of our programmers. Will include many different games, a large arena area, and more. We expect this to launch near the end of June. Afterwards, we will be in full swing to launch the Prologue and Act of Strands of Destiny near the end of summer. :)

Top Bottom