Wishlist for gameplay improvements

+
Minimap zoom out more & move car at or near bottom of it when driving a car so that I can see the upcoming turn earlier.
Nightvision mod for eye cyberware that activates nightvision when scanning (some of the places are really dark)
Character stat-screen and gun stat screen tell different things, those should be fixed so that I can trust what I see.
Describe what evasion does. Looks like no-one knows what exactly it does, if it does something.
Clothing mods that stack or not stack should be explained better. Armor does, but does crit chances & crit damage? Crit damage IMO should not exist at all for clothes.
Make perk or some gun mod that reduce weapon weave when aiming (snipers)
Remove gun shake when fully charged completely from tech snipers. If it shakes it is not sniper. Shaking makes nekomata and breakthru snipers next to useless.
Throwing knives is useless without actual throwing knives. Also when thrown you should be able to pick them up again. Otherwise that whole ability is waste of perk.
In main map vehicle "gigs" should have their own category so that you can filter them out (and see the actual gigs).
Athletic skill should be somehow easier to increase, swimming is most efficient I have found and it takes like couple of days to get one level up using it, engineering also (only current reliable method is using grenades) . Actually all of those should be tweaked. OTOH really easy to increase are quickhack, breach protocol and crafting, maybe those should be less easy (you do those all of time if you do crafting or netrunner things at all).
Mass crafting components (upgrade components is taking forever when doing one at the time) and maybe select-boxes based disassemble too.
System reset quickhack is too powerful, it should have chance to fail or just stun the affected enemy. Currently it is lights out for enemy if you can do it at all.
Shooting thru walls should be nerfed a bit, shooting thru any material and multiple objects without bullet losing any power just isn't right.
You gain quickhack components from breach protocol but there are nearly no use for them other than sell them. That should be something to fix.

Guest 3847602

All of the above minus system reset nerf.
Map should normally display only quests, points of interest, drop points and ripperdocs. You spend 95% looking for them anyway, so this would reduce unnecessary clutter. Only when you zoom in close to the maximum you should be able to see shops, bars...
And, I've said it a bunch of times already, but weapon inventory is a complete mess and it could use the same structuring as clothes have. Basically, don't drop all firearms into one place, give me separate tabs for handguns, submachine guns, shotguns, rifles and snipers.
Not a priority, but difficulty curve for boxing is too steep even on lower difficulties.

I totally agree with everything mentioned. I think one of the biggest mistakes was to have created the story encompassing everything in a single game, basically what could easily have been a series of sequential games in due course is reduced to the idea that this is all we will see, in this case the story of V. I am not going to deny that the game even though in my opinion is very good and entertaining, I am enjoying it incredibly, but it shows that they had the motivation before with all the ideas and the propaganda that this would be a masterpiece, something that is not happening at the moment, the product feels incomplete, in the future I am sure it will, but there is still a lot of work to do. They should modify and add content to the story, especially cut content. I don't think the community or CDPR wants to, but it would be better to redo the story and change some details, especially the ending and open doors to new content. Unless they already have a surprise prepared.

That's all nice and dandy and legitimate, but I'm mostly hoping for what is the least likely - story/immersion/roleplay modifications to the base game. More meaningful NPCs and convos. A total revamp of the stupid AI. More city to explore, more meaningful Gigs and small side stories (like Witcher 3), more reasons to get lost in the city and immerse yourself.

When I think major updates and DLC, it's usually all the same - new content for high levels, more action missions, 1337 loot, a few hours of action packed content totally disconnected or only loosely connected to the base game without much impact on it, and basically no real changes to what's already out there. But what I think Cyberpunk needs most is a lot of improvements to the base game, not just bugfixes, to make it a real standout title. Because the foundation is already there, at every corner I see all the possibilities that were cut short due to time constraints, and all of these things COULD be improved upon in a major way that would turn the game into a much deeper, more immersive world to get lost in. This is no Anthem that's DOA, this game deserves much better and even if it's not financially lucrative for CDPR now to put much dev time into the base game, it could in the long term surpass the No Man's Sky feelgood story and not only save CDPR's reputation, but put it on a pedestal. In my not-so-humble opinion, I guess.
I think back to how my favourite games in the early 2000s were made, how long some developers (like the pre-EA Bioware) improved their games and really had fun putting heart and soul into making it the best game possible, by throwing in quality of life stuff years later, taking active part in modding etc. - not only the usual PR speech "We are committed to...."
I don't believe in such major improvements anymore today, but if one developer is still likely to pull it off it's CDPR - with their past Enhanced versions and all. But I think Cyberpunk needs more "enhanced" than just the polish of the Witcher games, it needs more content, maybe even rewrites.
That's not to say I'm opposed to any DLC like Blood&Wine and new content, of course not, but the base game has so much potential that I'd hate go to waste and keep it just as a polished&bugfree game that could've been better.

More reasons to use the apartment and the sleep function also expanded into your other home-away-from-home locations.

Would also be nice to be able to see your owned cars in some garage.

Echoing the previous post, more challenge in general for high tier characters, especially the bosses - akin to the boxing gig.
Post automatically merged:

Not a priority, but difficulty curve for boxing is too steep even on lower difficulties.

Yes and no, it's more about the broken mechanics, I believe the difficulty is just about right but I hoped for a similar challenge during the game and the bosses in general which was almost achieved with Oda until I reached him with a level 40 ninja and ... well... :p

The problem with the boxing is the broken mechanics like parry and dodge.

Guest 3847602

Yes and no, it's more about the broken mechanics, I believe the difficulty is just about right but I hoped for a similar challenge during the game and the bosses in general which was almost achieved with Oda until I reached him with a level 40 ninja and ... well... :p

The problem with the boxing is the broken mechanics like parry and dodge.
I get the point about the challenge and it's unfortunate that the game doesn't provide you with enough of it, but:
- most of the matches are more punishing and are requiring more restarts than "(Don't Fear) The Reaper". For me at least, I've played on normal and hard.
- your opponents shouldn't be that hard to beat on lowest level of difficulty. Clearly, people who pick this setting are not looking for a challenge.

Agreed on all counts, though there is a better (though absurd) way to level Athletics. Grab a bat and beat the shit out of garbage. If you aren't swinging at an opponent it credits athletics rather than street brawler.

Agreed on all counts, though there is a better (though absurd) way to level Athletics. Grab a bat and beat the shit out of garbage. If you aren't swinging at an opponent it credits athletics rather than street brawler.
Definitely going to try this, just started a bare-hands and shotgun playthrough

Aside from previews of outfits on your body in shops, which is just annoying à load of interface stuff:

- An explanation of what mods are, how they work (I still don't know why some mods, and scopes, only work on certain things for example) or at least proper labelling on the mod itself of what it fits.

- An explanation on screen in the crafting section of how crafting works because it is a mess (I had finished a playthrough before I discovered that you could upgrade iconics by crafting a brand new one, not upgrading it, of a higher status!!).

- A counter in crafting of how many bullets you actually have and how many you are going to make each time you craft. Also, with some bullet types it seems you can't hold more than x amount at a time, so if you keep crafting after that amount you're just flushing components down the toilet. It's not explained and is truly weird.

- A journal that tells you what you have already done in a quest and what in God's name you are doing in plain English. If I pick up the game after a week I don't know who "your choom" is and why for that matter I am supposed to "take him down" (not quotes but an illustration of the journal's evocative but in practice unusable style).

- Direct links from the journal to phone text messages sent about the same quest or gig.

- The ability to sort gunsights by how good they are. Because I end up with tens of them and have to look at each one of each model individually to see which ones are best.

- An explanation in clearer language of what the three percentages on the interface screen really mean.

- The ability to sort shards by "new" rather than having to read them on the spot or potentially never be able to find them again.

Basically, if I was to point to one area of the game that really does look rushed for release and approaches a car crash, it would be the user interface for all the backend, including inventory, other management stuff, shards, text messages, etc. It's clunky and borders on incomprehensible in many, many respects.

Last edited:
- Indicator for blueprints already owned by player in trade screen (weapon shops, clothing shops, etc).

- Transparent game economy where player can plan their budget, amount of euro dollars and components needed from level 1 to 50 from level 1.

That's all nice and dandy and legitimate, but I'm mostly hoping for what is the least likely - story/immersion/roleplay modifications to the base game. More meaningful NPCs and convos. A total revamp of the stupid AI. More city to explore, more meaningful Gigs and small side stories (like Witcher 3), more reasons to get lost in the city and immerse yourself.

When I think major updates and DLC, it's usually all the same - new content for high levels, more action missions, 1337 loot, a few hours of action packed content totally disconnected or only loosely connected to the base game without much impact on it, and basically no real changes to what's already out there. But what I think Cyberpunk needs most is a lot of improvements to the base game, not just bugfixes, to make it a real standout title. Because the foundation is already there, at every corner I see all the possibilities that were cut short due to time constraints, and all of these things COULD be improved upon in a major way that would turn the game into a much deeper, more immersive world to get lost in. This is no Anthem that's DOA, this game deserves much better and even if it's not financially lucrative for CDPR now to put much dev time into the base game, it could in the long term surpass the No Man's Sky feelgood story and not only save CDPR's reputation, but put it on a pedestal. In my not-so-humble opinion, I guess.
I think back to how my favourite games in the early 2000s were made, how long some developers (like the pre-EA Bioware) improved their games and really had fun putting heart and soul into making it the best game possible, by throwing in quality of life stuff years later, taking active part in modding etc. - not only the usual PR speech "We are committed to...."
I don't believe in such major improvements anymore today, but if one developer is still likely to pull it off it's CDPR - with their past Enhanced versions and all. But I think Cyberpunk needs more "enhanced" than just the polish of the Witcher games, it needs more content, maybe even rewrites.
That's not to say I'm opposed to any DLC like Blood&Wine and new content, of course not, but the base game has so much potential that I'd hate go to waste and keep it just as a polished&bugfree game that could've been better.

Agree with everything, and I will just add that looking at "former" indie titles like RUST is a good indication of how to handle company/player relations going forward. Even if they aren't dropping big patch releases and dlc every month, they still make sure to disclose what they're actively working on, have a decently detialed roadmap, and "in-the-works" concept content that may or may not be underway, so the players have a rough idea of what to look forward to - and also give their opinions pre release of new content drops.

In my opinion the RUST devs are doing some of the best work when it comes to handling their public media interactions, and it makes you as a player feel like you are a bit on the inside, and are brought along for the ride instead of just being left standing by the road with a promise of "we will come and pick you up sometime when we're ready".

All the above.

The thing I dislike the most in this game is the way side activities and gigs are presented to the player.
As it is. Your map is littered with hundreds of markers as if everything is happening at the same time yet fixers and the NCPD agent only call you when you get very close to the nearest map marker which is often your current destination anyway.

I'd rather have all of them hidden and instead get a random call from a random fixer or NCPD agent on a regular basis with a new job, like once a day or such. You know, distribute them slowly so that I don't get overwhelmed and feel like having to do them all RIGHT NOW (I'm that kind of player). Because this ruins any plans for a new run where I would expect to see and do "new" content I would have missed. If I do get close to the location. Fine. Start it up. But I'd rather not know about it beforehand and have the illusion that the city is alive rather than a solid block of stone.
It doesn't help that every single side activity is a set stage with no opportunity to intervene before the worst happens.

As for the other activities and tarot cards. It's the same. Hide them all but display the markers only when you get very close.

Dedicated dodge button ("Z" for example like in Jedi Fallen Order) I currently use mods for it but if CDPR adds it I will be much happier. Currently dodge is either connected to crouch button or WASD keys. It would be nice to change Interaction key too!

Last edited:
Me?

Combat:
- One or two additional 'Nightmare' difficulty levels
Why: Even the 'very hard' difficulty level is kind of fine by me, I would like to feel challenged when I take the difficulty slider all the way up. Think of Doom Eternal and recent Wolfenstein games.

- Strafe/Circle jumping and the speed build-up benefit from it (you can cap the speed if you like)
Why: raise the skill ceiling. These are well-known attributes of Quake, that goes for a fast-paced skill-based fps. With Quake game mechanics in, V has nothing to fear in the above difficulty levels.

It doesn't do harm: If someone wants neither a harder game nor Quake mechanics, they have the option of not using them. Strafe/Circle jumping requires knowing how to do it, even when it is available.

Driving:
- Let us see more of the road from inside of the car.
Why: So that we can enjoy that view.

- Make the cars really traverse the world at listed speeds. E.g., currently a "200" is like 150 km/h. Make the "200" be 200 km/h or mph.
Why: A bit more realism.

- Then, also unlock the speeds on top-tier cars. Cali should be able to hit 400 km/h.
Why: For fun.

Con: I understand that there are players who struggle to play at a playable framerate, and adding this multiplier on the displayed speed was probably driven by going for an optimal UX. But don't. We with higher-end hardware and need for speed suffer. As a middle ground, you could add a switch option - enable realistic speeds and unlock car speeds.

Last edited:
Same as shards - TL; DR; ;D So maybe [Z] - open to read as is, [F] - quick-scan ( and set as read, but mark any important info on map or otherwise ).

And decent sorting. Sometimes amidst action you don't get to read them instantly and then you loose them or miss their point, because it's impossible to tell from journal what location, gig, or person the shard belonged to. Something like - Time / Order looted, active job, Title / Topic, Location looted, Location referenced, Person looted from, Person(s) mentioned. Also filters (that actually match correct type shard) - public books, leaflets, information; restricted / unique instructions, biographies, notes; communications - messages, voice calls, conversations; data - encrypted shards, unreadable code; other - everything else.

I read most of them on my first play-trough but now trying to actually role play more and immerse myself in world i found it to be too distracting and hopeless to keep track of them.

flashlight or night vision
Thiiiis! I was so hyped i found glow-sticks and that's how i learned that V drops all items in neatly packaged bags.

Top Bottom