Wishlist: Free DLC

+

Pick your top three, or comment your own suggestions down below.

• Total voters
What should the DLC comprise of? What should be the primary focus? What was the most disappointing aspect of The Witcher 3's free DLC, and what can they do to improve?

jt4gov

Forum regular
If modding ends up being added (I wish), then armor, weapons, outfits and customization stuff should be much easier to create. Even with top notch creation kits, it'd be rather difficult to create quests or animations.

Would have only picked new quests but it says to pick top three, so I also chose alternative outfits and extra equipment. :p
Minigames I don't think would work too well as expansions -- although I have no experience with such a thing so I don't know -- and animations/additional character customisation options I don't particularly care about.

The DLC quests for Witcher 3 are excellent so I'd love to see that kind of DLC for Cyberpunk 2077 as well.

Let's be real, free DLC are there to ward off piracy while at the same time providing good publicity. If we go by Witcher 3, it will be something like cosmetics(haircuts, tattoos), little side quests and maybe something like a photo mode. All things that could have been there from the beginning, but were (probably) added later due to time constraints, or cut to have something to give for free.

Still, I appreciate the thought behind that and hope, besides the aforementioned, for a good mod support.

A well done horde mode or score attack would be fun. Make it similar to TW2 arena where you earn XP and money and then have to upgrade your character between waves. That was a great way to play test builds.

Let's be real, free DLC are there to ward off piracy while at the same time providing good publicity. If we go by Witcher 3, it will be something like cosmetics(haircuts, tattoos), little side quests and maybe something like a photo mode. All things that could have been there from the beginning, but were (probably) added later due to time constraints, or cut to have something to give for free.
How would they ward that off with DLC? This is not Assassins Creed, game has no drm or always online -> nothing stops people from adding DLC as soon as its released. The only ward function from DLC would be the creation of enough good will that people want to support CDPR...

Anyway, i selected the options alternate outfits (assuming NPC outfits here, really liked the alternate outfits for Yen, Ciri and Triss), new animations (more animations are always good to pull you into the world) and new side quests (more content, yay^^).

While i would of course also like mini-expansions and mini-games, i think thats a bit out of the scope for free DLC addons and should rather be part of a real (payed) expansion.

A well done horde mode or score attack would be fun. Make it similar to TW2 arena where you earn XP and money and then have to upgrade your character between waves. That was a great way to play test builds.

Especially with multiplayer being in the works.

providing good publicity

That is only reason, even in witcher 3 item you get are ok nothing special, and one of free DLC is New game+ like really? but people swallow that marketing trick so easy, omg they give us free stuff, we need to bow to them.

That is only reason, even in witcher 3 item you get are ok nothing special, and one of free DLC is New game+ like really? but people swallow that marketing trick so easy, omg they give us free stuff, we need to bow to them.

Well, considering what other developers ask for exactly that stuff, its not such a shallow marketing trick anymore imo. If Witcher 3 was from EA:

NEW DLC: Get amazing extra outfits for your favorite companions, just 300 WP per outfit - or 800 if you get all three!
(1000 WP or Witcher Points only 11,99€)

Sild

Ex-moderator
Make it similar to TW2 arena where you earn XP and money and then have to upgrade your character between waves. That was a great way to play test builds.

I see "arena" I hit like.

I hope there's many arenas in Cp2077. Boxing arenas, shooting arenas, dosen't matter. The more the merrier. Though I hope they're integrated in the core game and not a separate entity like the one in Witcher 2 (think Blood and Wine arena, or even better, Elder Scrolls Oblivion Arena). But if they're not.. Dlc is fine.

An 'Added functionality' DLC, such as TPP, adjustable living quarters, that kind of thing ;)

If modders don't come out with it first, that is when I actually buy the game :p

I chose new weapons, armor, cyberware, alternative character outfits, and new haircuts, tattoos/piercings. I would also add new makeup, maybe fingernail lengths/colors/patterns (for the females or whatever of course assuming that's going to be an option), new vehicles, maybe for future DLC/expansions the ability to customize/expand your apartment, and buy new apartments/homes. Would be great to have a mansion with your own Batcave imo. Also vehicle modifications/customization would be nice. I know they said they may do it but if not for the main game, maybe for an expansion. Seeing as how they're going to be introducing racing this seems (to me) a must.

Last edited:
I voted for pretty much what we got for TW3
New side quests
New character outfit
New hair cut /tats / piercings
I would have liked to vote for new weapons / armor /cyberware but i could only vote for 3 things :(

NEW DLC: Get amazing extra outfits for your favorite companions, just 300 WP per outfit - or 800 if you get all three!
(1000 WP or Witcher Points only 11,99€)

If that don't affect gameplay and is just skin, i am fine with that, after all microtransaction purchase is personal choice, if they want to sell different skins fine, if i like them i buy them if not all good.

I never ask for free stuff i don't expect to get anything for free, so 10 ok items, 3 quest and 3 game options who was cut from the game and add later is nothing new or special, if they give 1 free DLC that was like HoS or B&W i would say wow nice job, like this is just marketing too easy and fast change people mind.

I hope own DLC for each role. I think it would be fun to play Corp dude, or Media, or Nomad. I dont know if 10 hour is too much to ask, per DLC. 10 hour DLC sounds like a sweet deal to me. Basically the world is there, all they need to do is to make some new characters, new voice-actors, etc.

Aren't Free-LCs usually just content they didn't have time to add, and had to cut?

Imo not really, or at least not all of them: Different outfits for Triss, Yen and Ciri are by no means necessary - and they are not contextually different but a complete switch (DLC on/DLC off), so there is no ingame reason for them (their absence is not noticeable -> not cut in trad. sense).

For NG+ maybe so, thats a feature often added as a later update (if its added at all, that is - also many RPGs just get it as a mod, if at all)

Imo not really, or at least not all of them: Different outfits for Triss, Yen and Ciri are by no means necessary - and they are not contextually different but a complete switch (DLC on/DLC off), so there is no ingame reason for them (their absence is not noticeable -> not cut in trad. sense).

For NG+ maybe so, thats a feature often added as a later update (if its added at all, that is - also many RPGs just get it as a mod, if at all)
Ah, fair point. Maybe some of the quest DLCs/haircuts were.

VR support.
New roles added (maybe as new origins, like Nomads and Corpo were?).
Social System were One V can be better at convincing/intimidating/seducing/etc that another V (all the same as One V can be better at fighting than another V) and which would be affected by Humanity Loss.

Top Bottom