Witcher 1 Chapter 5 Bug- Field Hospital

+
Witcher 1 Chapter 5 Bug- Field Hospital

Hello there,
I'm replaying Witcher 1 and encountering a game-stopping bug. I'm on the quest where Geralt helps Zoltan find the refugees and get to Shani's field hospital. When I enter the hospital, the cutscene with Zoltan and then Shani triggers, then I see a black screen and can't move or do anything. I hear the ambient chatter from the hospital but nothing else happens and I can't move or interact with anything, have to Ctl-Alt-Del out. I think somehow Geralt is stuck in the doorway. Any options to fix it or should I just re-install?

I backed up, reloaded an earlier save before entering that area, and it's working now. There was another scripted event (guard coming in to tell Geralt about the striga) that either wasn't triggering or else it lagged long enough that I gave up.

Thanks for the suggestion.

this is just a thought, on something you might look into. May not help at all.

Getting rid of tages from witcher games. It is a DRM b******t that witcher 1 and 2 after being patched all the way do not need, and will totally crash your entire windows system if left going. eventually bringing you to where you type in your logon at windows start and it will not allow your to start windows. It is very troublesome. I may be describing and extreme Problem, but it is one I have personally seen.

Do not buy into that crap about downloading the program installer, and then run it and click the uninstall button. That is Bull, it will not remove the 2 problem files from system32 folder. And you will still have a problem.

Not to say that you maybe should not run that program in that fashion. And preform those Instructions.

but unless they have improved there uninstalling procedure, you should then follow through with this.

1.witcher 1 update to 1.5

1.witcher 2 update to at least 1.2.

2.start windows in safe mode is best [ hold F8 key while system is booting before the splash screen appears.] when the black window with choices appears sellect "safe mode"

3.Go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers and locate

4.drivers: atksgt.sys and lirsgt.sys

5.delete both of them.

6.restart system normally now with out tages.

Probably has nothing to do with your problem, but Some times it might be a good Idea.

Top Bottom