Witcher 1 in RedKit

+
It's just a little easter egg left behind by an environment artist ;)

PS: @Nemomallo I appreciate your choice of avatar picture!

I understand the team is busy, but do you think it would be possible in the future to provide more modding tools for Witcher 3 modders? There is a lot of potential within the community but there is only so much they can do with the current tools they have.

I understand the team is busy, but do you think it would be possible in the future to provide more modding tools for Witcher 3 modders? There is a lot of potential within the community but there is only so much they can do with the current tools they have.

Extremely unlikely. That's actually a very old discussion. Long story short, the intended tools (the REDkit) were once much more robust. Because of certain challenges along the way, they were released as is. It wasn't possible to handle things as originally intended. [Edited for potential inaccuracy. --Me!]

What's there is there. The community has built upon them in very meaningful ways over time. There has been no plan to return to them that I've ever heard.

Last edited:
Hi,

As promised, I'm back with new material.
This time, with some gameplay.

For now, only in Polish (my homeland language). Sorry if you won't understand the dialogue but it took me quite long to finish it and I didn't want to hold this clip any longer. However, I want to make the english version in the future.
Some elements might look weird - lack of eyes or teeth, debug texts in some places, etc.
All because the gameplay was launched directly in the RedKit instead or so-called "cooked" version, played in the game.
Only environment sounds and music were added in the post-production, after recording the clip. (Still, haven't learned how to implement music and sounds in RedKit)
Everything else has been implemented in the Quest Editor and Scene Editor.
The "Generate Lipsync" option is not working in the Scene Editor but I didn't want to make it look like a dialogue of two ventriloquists.
Because of that, I've checked how each lipsync file from W2 looks like and if something looked good in my dialogue, I've saved it to the scene.
Still, it looks like watching a foreign movie with dialogues in another language :D
When it comes to Geralt and the environment lightning, I tried to get close to W1 as far as I can but still, there's a lot to fix.
Barghests were replaced with nekkers since barghests are not available in W2.
Unfortunately, importing monsters from W1 or W3 is not possible.

Enough talking. Enjoy the clip and please leave comments what you like and what you would change :)

PS. @Benzenzimmern Sorry for no Mauser rifle on the chapel tower. I'm still modeling this asset :D

I would love to see all of the witcher games remade to be playable on ps,xbox and console. I have never been able to play tw1

Hi everyone,
I was absent for some time because I tried to focus on the interior of the tavern.
I couldn't find any suitable mesh in the Asset Browser that could be used for it so I've decided to do it myself.
You can see the results of my latest work below.
For now, it's mainly texture replacement and some decoration based on W1 tavern.
I've added lighting and some additional meshes to fill the empty spaces but there's still more to do.
However, I decided to update the topic with the current state of the mod.

I would also like to thank @JLouisB and @Nemomallo for help with importing the meshes from Witcher 1.

Thanks in advance for all comments and advices.
Greetings,
Goospo

Hi,
The link is automatically turned to imgur plugin while putting it on forum.
Here's direct link:
Code:
https://imgur.com/a/adxxYa4#4uE5VJy
Cheers!

Hi,
Here's direct link:
Code:
Cheers!

My eyes are in tears so great it looks! I got inspiration to finish my other TW1 project what lying in my drawer for a year.

Hi,
Here's direct link:
Code:
Cheers!

Thanks for the screen.
I finally take the time to read the thread and watch the videos, and wow ! It's really impressive, great work I hope you'll continue this project :)
it'd be really nice to have something playable with, whether it's a remake of the act 1 or an original adventure.
Glad if my tool could help, ask if I can help you
Also very good work from @Nemomallo !

Quick update.
Currently, I'm working on preparing the basic structure of the quests - where should be scenes, fights, some triggers etc..
With that, I'm trying to prepare most important locations, required to finish main quest line.
So now, I'm presenting my version of Haren Brogg's house.
It's bit different from W1 version, but for me, that version seemed too empty because of large places.
I will probably update it later but this is mostly how this will look in the finished version.

Oh man I totally did forget to check the new screenshots of the crypts looks very nice! Take your time :D! At everyone else who was wondering about the Wyzima/vizima Castle, it is still on my hard drive I had no fun in modding ... and did other stuff. I still would like to get back to it and finish it. I also forgot the details on what is done and what not, we will see what the future brings.

Meanwhile it starting modding again. I finished my interpretation of the church in the outskirts in The Witcher. Maybe we will see it in @Goospo 's work :D. If anybody is interested in it I could upload it on Nexus.

@Benzenzimmern
There is no mauser rifle in the tower like you wrote (p)ages ago. I could add a rifle ( a very bad improvised version of it) if you insist on it. But to be honest I did not see it in the djini editor. Thanks for you appreciation that I am using your avatar. I am still a little bit sad that Lykaon never came fully into live, but I can live with it. I have it to remind me of your nice work and I just think it looks nice as an impersonal avatar.
Mesh editor - CMesh _the witcher_environment_levels_architecture_human_outskirts_church_outski...png

Last edited:
Very nice model. Especially when compared to the original one.
And for the mauser rifle, I also didn't saw it while I was working in Djinni but there's many objects that are not immediately visible after opening the outskirts level in djinni. I've modeled my map mostly by Alt+tab'ing between RedKit and Djinni but many decoration objects weren't present there. After mostly finishing decoration, I had to explore my map in RedKit and compare it to in-game version in W1. Decorations like wood logs, barrels, some fireplaces or outdoor beds wasn't visible in Djinni so I guess that it's the same case.

It should be visible after loading some additional elements or in-game.
You can spot it here in this fan documentary about The Witcher 1 (english, german and italian subtitles available).
Time - 1:01:19

Hey,
everyone I could need a little bit of help I've almost finished the castle and could provide it. Before providing the modding resources to everyone I would like to get feedback. Here is the link to the cooked castle world (without any gameplay!)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c2kxmfdg1jtqout/AADshRnf9TzvW1J-phb4VoSba?dl=0
Kings Room(Emperors Room).jpg

Credits @HalkHoganPL for using following textures and meshes: bear_fur, bear_fur_n, bear_fur_m; grain, grain n; grain scattered;
halkhoganpl_ksiazka01-04 and halkhoganpl_zwoj01a-b
the meshes scroll_stack and bock stack

Please try it out and give some feedback eg. what is good, can be improved or rather bad. Advices are appreciated!
Know issues ( I was too lazy to fix them after cooking the world for the maybe the 30th time after searching and finding the problem that caused crashes):
- The terrain has dark and brigth stripes (caused by terain size adjustments)
- some candle holders have no collision
- I tried to get rid of most holes in walls ( but some are left), if you see some it would be nice to tell.
- The spiral stair is not fully walkable, Yennefers, Change room and the new room are not decorated

Would anyone have interest in making a very short story ? Was thinking about the outro of Witcher 1. You fight the assassin and get some small dialog between characters?

Greetings Nemo

Last edited:
Top Bottom