Witcher 1 question about Igni and Quen Signs

+
I hope someone can help me with this, thanks in advance:

1. Does the damage the Igni sign causes depend on the level of the sign, or just on the base intensity determined by Intelligence? In other words, will Igni level 1 cause the same damage as Igni level 3, but just with a larger angle?

2. I am confused about the Quen sign, because when I cast it and monsters swing at me, they don't appear to be losing hit points. I have level 2 and they should lose 10% of their vitality each time they attack me, right? Or is it only when they hit you, if they miss you they are not damaged? Or is it possible certain monsters are immune to Quen?

Thank you.

Wow...I really don't remember the answer to either of these. Moving to the TW1 board.

For Quen, I am almost completely sure (99.7%) that the creatures must actually hit for the Quen damage to take effect. I'm not sure if it needs to actually "break" the shield though.

Intelligence talents increase sign intensity (overall sign damage) whereas leveling up Igni increases it's blast radius.
In order to make enemies lose vitality with Quen, you have to power it up (hold right-click while having Quen equipped).

Are you sure Quen can't damage anyone unless it is powered up with a special attack by holding right-click?

That hasn't been my experience, it seems like monsters still do get damaged with a normal Quen, just not consistently.

Much of TW1 was more RNG-based that 2 or 3. Frankly, I don't remember using Quen much in 1. I mostly used it if I wanted to drink a potion in a tight spot.

Top Bottom