Witcher 1 Remake as a quick way for CDPR to bounce back?

+
acf4a9b8eb2e13d374c141f52b0cb754.jpg

Since the extremely disappointing launch of Cyberpunk 2077, we all know that CDPR is in a extremely tough spot. However, I think that there's a quick way for them to make a strong come back. We have seen many classic games getting remakes in recent years. Most of them was critical & commercial successes. (Ex: Mafia, FF7, Resident Evil 2, Demon Souls)
So why not remake first Witcher game. That game was developed with a far less of a budget & man power. As a gamer who played it multiple times, I can clearly see that CDPR had so much passion for that game. Also, its incredible how they managed to release a game of that size at that time. However, most gamers became Witcher fans after the success of Witcher 3. I've told many people to try the first game but it was not enjoyable to them because outdated graphics, static gameplay & bugs. I remember CDPR trying make a remake for Witcher 1 even more than a decade ago called "Rise of the White Wolf". So why not bring that project back to life. Many people are familiar with the Geralt, so marketing the game will be an easy task. I think CDPR said that they are not gonna remake it but everytime they post something about Witcher 1 there's plethora of people asking for a remake. So why not satisfy both fans & yourselves.
Cyberpunk left a bitter taste in so many fans. Since CDPR spent like 5 years to make a game, that better feeling won't go away any time soon. So why not give them what they want. You guys already have necessary assets from Witcher 3. Those mechanics & systems still hold up. People might not criticize those because it's remake of an old game and they love Witcher 3. Most importantly, it will not take 5 years to develop. You have have story & quests from Witcher 1 & gameplay/mechanics from Witcher 3. You can also test out some features before Witcher 4(?????) before it's release unlike in Cyberpunk where you guys tried to implement so much new things that you aren't even familiar with developing.
Rise of The White Wolf won't be a Live Service platform to sell countless worthless digital goodies from microtransactions but it will be a good singleplayer game that makes old CDPR fans happy just like the good old times. (2007 -2016)

Last edited:
However, most gamers became Witcher fans after the success of Witcher 3. I've told many people to try the first game but it was not enjoyable to them because outdated graphics, static gameplay & bugs.
I've pondered this point several times, myself. Although the developers had ten years of Geralt of Rivia -- and were ready for a rest -- many newcomers met him for the first time in Wild Hunt, were eager for more, but found the first game's mechanics and pacing a bit of an off-putting jolt.

Personally, I'd welcome a remake, or even a re-imagining, perhaps, if they wished to expand the scope of the first game.

I've pondered this point several times, myself. Although the developers had ten years of Geralt of Rivia -- and were ready for a rest -- many newcomers met him for the first time in Wild Hunt, were eager for more, but found the first game's mechanics and pacing a bit of an off-putting jolt.

Personally, I'd welcome a remake, or even a re-imagining, perhaps, if they wished to expand the scope of the first game.
I remember suggesting Witcher 2 to my friends who were disappointed by Dragon Age II at that time. They had no idea who Geralt is. Those guys became instant fans of Witcher.
I'm sure majority of Witcher 3 players still didn't play Witcher 1.

I'm a fan of older games and a remake always pushes me to play them again. It would be great if CDPR remade tw1 and threw in some more content. Combat system is definitely a must change even tho I didn't have any problem with it.

I'm a fan of older games and a remake always pushes me to play them again. It would be great if CDPR remade tw1 and threw in some more content. Combat system is definitely a must change even tho I didn't have any problem with it.
Witcher 3 combat with few tweaks is still better than many other Action RPGs. I even didn't wanna play AC Valhalla because it’s combat looks way clunky than W3.

I rather enjoyed the rhythm of the old combat styles, however, I agree that they'd need a wee update, to make them more fluid, and to better fit modern gaming expectations.
Yeah ... I like Dragon Age Origins combat way more than DA II & Inquisition. However those combat won't sell copies in 2020.

I would love a way to play TW1 & TW2 on PS5. Having been a console gamer mostly I have missed out on those.

that'd be amazing, the witcher 1 story is brilliant but the mechanics and gameplay are so outdated

Top Bottom