Witcher 1 Save File gets Journal Reset

+
I know this game is pretty old and there may not be anyone here to help but, here goes nothing
I was fiddling with some mods and downloaded the Witcher 1 Overhaul Project. I played normally then completed a question not liking one of the audio sounds. I saved the game then left. Deleted the override audio files I did not like. Booted it up and found that all the journal entries were gone. I thought it was a bug and validated the game through steam. Nothing was wrong, downloaded cheat engine with a debugger to see if it'd fix it. Nope. Turns out my whole journal was rest with everything not unlocked. I can make potions, quests, books are already read it says. But, the whole journal is empty. My last save was 5 hours ago and that save file has it's journal still there. I'm deep into chapter 3 and would like any assistance i could get.

It sounds more like a mod issue. The problem is: mods affect your save game too. That‘s why if you remove mods it won‘t always undo all issues. Unfortunately I don‘t think there‘s a lot you can do other than going back to your old save game.

Especially if you are using mods it‘s important to frequently save the game in case something goes wrong.

Moved the thread to the mod section, just in case someone has a fix there...

Top Bottom